Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A wild Plan B offensive lineman appeared!!

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

According to Scout, San Pedro 3-star OL Nick Ford has been hearing from UW.

He's skinny right now but 6'6" and athletic as fuck (not a lunch pail kid).

Offers are about on the same level as Orlando Umamu. Supposedly a Cal legacy guy but Ektard thinks he would commit to UW if offered.

Dennis pointed him out to me a few weeks back, he looks incredible.
    I dont know how you pedos do it. I dont want to call you all doogs for thinking that every recruit is fucking amazing now but how do you guys sift through all this and actually make honest assessments? Its your wheelhouse and all, but I dont get it.

Sure he is 6'6" and 275 lbs and still looks skinny and could probably put on another 30 lbs of muscle and likes to maul guys after the play is past him but thats about it.

He has extremely limited athleticism. Slow feet, limited explosiveness, narrow stance, lacks awareness when moving into the second level, almost no punch from his upper body, doesnt bend that well, and plays about as slow as @Dennis_DeYoung's solar powered motorized wheelchair on a cloudy day headed up 45th leaving U village after 5 drinks and two racks of ribs at the Ram.
    Limited athleticism that led him to run 11.2 last year. Great point.

And also: I go to Joey, not the Ram. I'm O, R & W.

1/3 of his highlight video is him coming and laying big blindside hits on a tiny defender chasing the QB or him mauling some other tiny players after the play is already over for him.

Only 2 highlights of him working alone on the edge during an off tackle run play.

Not once him pulling on a block, double teaming a block and then moving to the second level, or blocking one on one during a QB roll-out to his side.

No highlight of him working in space on a RB toss or WR screen.

One highlight of him wandering around down field during a RB screen.

On the majority of his pass plays highlights the RB or TE is used as help to shade the edge rusher back inside.

I get it, you guys do this 1000 times a day, I'm just saying what I see with my eyes that are as good as @GrandpaSankey's but his video doesnt look any better than Bainvindaloo's sophmore highlights or even Nick Harris' video (who you called a lump of emoji poo, right?).

Maybe he is actually athletic, if so, his video sucks at showing it.

Also, hudl says he ran a 11.9... but still...
    Were you watching his Jr. Season highlights? I just watched his Jr. Season highlights and your comments match that tape, I linked his Sr. Season highlights above.
    Yeah, I just clicked on the Big banner video from here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3787504/nick-ford

I think the big glob of mayo from my mayonnaise sandwich on my screen blocked me from seeing his senior videos. You understand.

I only had a limited amount of time during my break from working the toilet department at lowes and just watched the main video.

His senior video looks much better, still not all that quick on the edge, but looks good.
    I support your love of mayo sandwiches.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Offers are about on the same level as Orlando Umamu. Supposedly a Cal legacy guy but Ektard thinks he would commit to UW if offered.

I dont know how you pedos do it. I dont want to call you all doogs for thinking that every recruit is fucking amazing now but how do you guys sift through all this and actually make honest assessments? Its your wheelhouse and all, but I dont get it.

Sure he is 6'6" and 275 lbs and still looks skinny and could probably put on another 30 lbs of muscle and likes to maul guys after the play is past him but thats about it.

He has extremely limited athleticism. Slow feet, limited explosiveness, narrow stance, lacks awareness when moving into the second level, almost no punch from his upper body, doesnt bend that well, and plays about as slow as @Dennis_DeYoung's solar powered motorized wheelchair on a cloudy day headed up 45th leaving U village after 5 drinks and two racks of ribs at the Ram.

1/3 of his highlight video is him coming and laying big blindside hits on a tiny defender chasing the QB or him mauling some other tiny players after the play is already over for him.

Only 2 highlights of him working alone on the edge during an off tackle run play.

Not once him pulling on a block, double teaming a block and then moving to the second level, or blocking one on one during a QB roll-out to his side.

On the majority of his pass plays highlights the RB or TE is used as help to shade the edge rusher back inside.

I get it, you guys do this 1000 times a day, I'm just saying what I see with my eyes that are as good as @GrandpaSankey's but his video doesnt look any better than Bainvindaloo's sophmore highlights or even Nick Harris' video (who you called a lump of emoji poo, right?).

Were you watching his Jr. Season highlights? I just watched his Jr. Season highlights and your comments match that tape, I linked his Sr. Season highlights above.
    Yeah, I just clicked on the Big banner video from here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3787504/nick-ford

I think the big glob of mayo from my mayonnaise sandwich on my screen blocked me from seeing his senior videos. You understand.

I only had a limited amount of time during my break from working the toilet department at lowes and just watched the main video.

His senior video looks much better, still not all that quick on the edge, but looks good.
    Now more than ever, a big @Tequilla FUCK OFF to you.

Christ.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is it weird that he doesn't play left tackle for his own high school team?

Asking for fren
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Now more than ever, a big @Tequilla FUCK OFF to you.

Christ.
    Overly invested. Save your outrage for @RoadDawg55. Relax

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

11.9?!!!! Wow you'd never have to worry about having him get penalized for running downfield.

Speed, speed, speed!!!!

If he comes here, we absolutely need to make him a permanent addition to 5 reasons.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    How the hell can you tell when lineman are good on tape? I am asking for a friend.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    tvoie said:

How the hell can you tell when lineman are good on tape? I am asking for a friend.

Keep an eye out for superb athletes with great hips.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

Do they have legit size (6'4+, long arms, 270+), can they move around (how do they look when they pull), do they have cement feet or not (first step, footwork, etc.,) and do they finish blocks (knock people over).
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

11.9?!!!! Wow you'd never have to worry about having him get penalized for running downfield.

Speed, speed, speed!!!!

If he comes here, we absolutely need to make him a permanent addition to 5 reasons.
    What does him signing with UW have to do with him qualifying for 5 reasons? I say throw him in the mix now. He'll complement John Ross XVI nicely.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

tvoie said:

Do they have legit size (6'4+, long arms, 270+), can they move around (how do they look when they pull), do they have cement feet or not (first step, footwork, etc.,) and do they finish blocks (knock people over).
    Related: Do they appear to be mean as shit.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    NEsnake12 said:

Speed, speed, speed!!!!

Even if he doesn't come here, we absolutely need to make him a permanent addition to 5 reasons.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    tvoie said:

You want them to be mean/dirty
    You want them move their feet and change direction