Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we can't knock off the Ducks tomorrow with Price

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I used Miami as an example because they were the same kind of Johnny come lately/out of nowhere program that we have, arguably, been since 2007... but yeah.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    Disagree. Cyler Miles. Will tramp all over Ds, during the next few years.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2013
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I get really tired of the bullshit reasoning that Helfrich sucks and can't fill Kelly's shoes... blah blah blah. He's 5-0. By commanding margins. He has the *same fucking staff* that was here with Kelly. He has the magic soccer spray. If he sucks, we will fire him and get someone who does not suck.

I'm too lazy/DNGAF enough to do the research, but look at how many of Schnelly's staff were still at Miami under Coker. A lot of our coaches were here during the Rich Brooks era... and they are remarkably good coaches.

This isn't your grandfather's Oregon football program. We will continue to be good. Too much money has been spent for it to be otherwise.

The only way you completely flame out when you are at that level is a self inflicted gun shot wound (see UW Football 1992-2013).

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Your_Mom said:

Then I don't see it happening for a while. After price graduates, will we have another QB of his caliber for a couple of seasons?

I think this is our best shot in this half of the decade. Otherwise, fuck, its going to be 15 in a row.

Official dumbshit of the year badge is all yours. Did you think this up all on your own?
  • Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I get really tired of the bullshit reasoning that Helfrich sucks and can't fill Kelly's shoes... blah blah blah. He's 5-0. By commanding margins. He has the *same fucking staff* that was here with Kelly. He has the magic soccer spray. If he sucks, we will fire him and get someone who does not suck.

I'm too lazy/DNGAF enough to do the research, but look at how many of Schnelly's staff were still at Miami under Coker. A lot of our coaches were here during the Rich Brooks era... and they are remarkably good coaches.

This isn't your grandfather's Oregon football program. We will continue to be good. Too much money has been spent for it to be otherwise.

The only way you completely flame out when you are at that level is a self inflicted gun shot wound (see UW Football 1992-2013).

too soon
    AZDuck said:

I would argue that Jimmy Johnson was a much better coach than Schnelly was... he took what Schnelly built and ran with it. Thus far, that seems to be Helfrich's MO.

Stick your bullshit up your opinions regarding Orego up yo ass AZ. Just not relevant here. Can't believe your dumbass is still here.
    AZDuck said:

If Chip was our Schnellenberger, that makes Helf our Jimmy Johnson.

Miami STUNK b4 Schnell. Oregon didn't. Silly analogy bitch
  • One problem with the Miami analogy with Jimmy Johnson is that Johnson came from another program. Although his stint at Ok State would resemble Sark's stint here if he broke through in year five.

Also to Oregon fans who insist they'll hire a big time coach if Helfrich flames out are just as bad as the Doogs IMO. If Oregon is having to fire Helfrich that means they are no longer a top 10 program and they've never been able to lure a big time coach.

Remember after they fired Ernie Kent in basketball they were going to get Few, Petino, etc. and ended up with a solid coach who wasn't a name at all .

I think if Helfrich fails, Oregon will have a tough time getting a big name coach. They could hire some coach on the rise and strike lightning like they did with Kelly but they won't get a proven name though IMO.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

Your_Mom said:

Then I don't see it happening for a while. After price graduates, will we have another QB of his caliber for a couple of seasons?

I think this is our best shot in this half of the decade. Otherwise, fuck, its going to be 15 in a row.

Official dumbshit of the year badge is all yours. Did you think this up all on your own?
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of being old enough to get the irony, of Y O U calling somebody on this board a dumbshit.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,667 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

This. Oregon isn't going anywhere. They are a national brand now, and they are totally committed to winning, and have the financing to keep it going. The only way you completely flame out when you are at that level is a self inflicted gun shot wound (see UW Football 1992-2013).

Sure, Oregon may have down periods, but they will hire and fire until they get it right. That is what should have happened at UW. With what DJ built, who could have imagined how far we would fall. Takes colossal errors (see Barbara Hedges and Mark Emmert) and a total "don't give a fuck" (see Todd Turner and faggy fanbase that accept losers) attitude to take aperennial top 10 teamoff the map for over a decade.
    no.

"We" were top ten in '91, '90, '84, '82, '81 and... maybe one other yr. I'm too drunk and lazy to look anymore up. Warshington never has had Jokelahomo, Bammer, and Notre Dumb success. I'm not saying we shouldnt strive for that, but DJ had some off years, especially in the late 80's. my dad used to rave about how great of a coach he was, and at the time they were going 7-4-1, 6-5, and 8-4... I didn't get it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,145 Founders Club

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

This. Oregon isn't going anywhere. They are a national brand now, and they are totally committed to winning, and have the financing to keep it going. The only way you completely flame out when you are at that level is a self inflicted gun shot wound (see UW Football 1992-2013).

Sure, Oregon may have down periods, but they will hire and fire until they get it right. That is what should have happened at UW. With what DJ built, who could have imagined how far we would fall. Takes colossal errors (see Barbara Hedges and Mark Emmert) and a total "don't give a fuck" (see Todd Turner and faggy fanbase that accept losers) attitude to take aperennial top 10 teamoff the map for over a decade.
    no.

"We" were top ten in '91, '90, '84, '82, '81 and... maybe one other yr. I'm too drunk and lazy to look anymore up. Warshington never has had Jokelahomo, Bammer, and Notre Dumb success. I'm not saying we shouldnt strive for that, but DJ had some off years, especially in the late 80's. my dad used to rave about how great of a coach he was, and at the time they were going 7-4-1, 6-5, and 8-4... I didn't get it.
    Did your dad rave about him on crisp fall days?
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    You guys should expect that 20 in a row will happen.

UW has no clue.
  • OZONE said:

UW has no clue.

LEAVE!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited October 2013
    "This. Oregon isn't going anywhere. They are a national brand now, and they are totally committed to winning, and have the financing to keep it going"

Coaching is everything. You can have that which you listed but without a good coach, it is all wax for scraping. See: Texas, USC, every fucking team in the country, etc.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Hopefully our AD learned its lesson with the Dana Altman hire. We won't get Rick Pitino. we have to find the Dana Altmans of the world.

OZONE said:

UW has no clue.

LEAVE!
    Where is your volleyball board? Seems to be your only good team.
  • OZONE said:

OZONE said:

UW has no clue.

LEAVE!
    Where is your volleyball board? Seems to be your only good team.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9yHFAAhUq0
    Damn... is that Soundgarden? Seems like everything in Seattle has turned to Shit.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    OZONE said:

Damn... is that Soundgarden? Seems like everything in Seattle has turned to Shit.

Welcome to you and your Duck friends.
    Enjoy your time on Lake Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3w1breqynU"

edited October 2013
    Here is a better song that depicts your dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU0pC_COWHw

Fuskie Fags