Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hot Playoff Talk (not trolling)

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The whole thing is fucking retarded. You are never going to get a true national champ in CFB. It's ruining fucking everything like my future husband @PurpleJ said.

Alabama was a true champion last year.

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

You are really bad at understanding shit.

Clemson and Bama tied last year and split the natty. If you want the fucking NFL, watch the NFL.
    No. Bama beat them in the Sugar Bowl.

The other shit that may or may have not happened in other major bowls may have resulted in a split championship, but that's why we have two polls. Which are irrelevant because Bama would have won on the field hypothetically, but it didn't actually happen so we get to argue about it. To. This. Day.

I miss REAL college football dammit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The whole thing is fucking retarded. You are never going to get a true national champ in CFB. It's ruining fucking everything like my future husband @PurpleJ said.

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Clemson and Bama tied last year and split the natty. If you want the fucking NFL, watch the NFL.
    Alabama 45, Clemson 40.
  • Options
    AlkidawgAlkidawg Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I would have loved to see UW play Miami in 1991.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Alabama 45, Clemson 40.
    You don't get it.
  • Options

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Alabama 45, Clemson 40.
    You don't get it.
    Yes I do. The best team won on the field and earned the natty.

You sound like you prefer orange slices and participation trophies.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Tie breaker goes to the head-to-head match
  • Options

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

They should've never played. But I agree that tie goes to the head to head winner.
  • Options

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Alabama 45, Clemson 40.
    You don't get it.
    Yes I do. The best team won on the field and earned the natty.

You sound like you prefer orange slices and participation trophies.
    Nope. You don't.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

They should've never played. But I agree that tie goes to the head to head winner.
    Why do you hate the Bowl Alliance?

Every system over the last 20+ years would have resulted in a natty match-up between Alabama and Clemson.

You must be older than @RaceBannon.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

Every system over the last 20+ years would have resulted in a natty match-up between Alabama and Clemson.

The bowl alliance is garbage and it always was. The bowls and polls model is as good as what we have now and it was better for fans and CFB.

Now we have some bullshit thing where we think we have a champ, but really don't. It's basically as good as the fucking GRAMMYs.

The only decent system in sport was the old baseball system (the new one isn't really that bad): Two 8 team divisions, 150 games in division. Winners play 7 games to determine. You can be pretty sure from that.

That determines who is BEST. The college football system is about WINNING GAMES. If you are dumb and don't get the difference between those two things, and unfortunately you are displaying your ignorance of the difference, then I can't help you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

The bowl alliance is garbage and it always was. The bowls and polls model is as good as what we have now and it was better for fans and CFB.

Now we have some bullshit thing where we think we have a champ, but really don't. It's basically as good as the fucking GRAMMYs.

The only decent system in sport was the old baseball system (the new one isn't really that bad): Two 8 team divisions, 150 games in division. Winners play 7 games to determine. You can be pretty sure from that.

That determines who is BEST. The college football system is about WINNING GAMES. If you are dumb and don't get the difference between those two things, and unfortunately you are displaying your ignorance of the difference, then I can't help you.
    Why do you hate REAL football?

Round robin, home and away. 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw. Goal differential to break ties in standings. Promotion and relegation. No playoffs.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As retarded as having a committee full of dipshits is, everything has been fine since the playoff began.

A 91 redux would be awful. As great as 2000 was, I would have rather watched my DAWGS play in a four team playoff with a shot at the natty.

I want to see my DAWGS play Bama, FSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, etc than the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    Remind me not to take probability classes from you guys.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know you're being sarcastic, but what the fuck are you doing still taking classes?
  • Options

Remind me to hit you up the next time I need some citrus. You have all the orange slices I need.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know you're being sarcastic, but what the fuck are you doing still taking classes?
    Maybe he's a lifelong learner? Ever think of that?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

All special educations matter.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

Fuck the playoff unless you are gonna do a 16 team playoff with automatic bids for major conference champs. That's fucking dumb, though.

Give me back the old bowl system. I don't care if there's 30 bowls or not. Just let me watch my DAWGS play in the Rose Bowl against the Big 10(?) champs.

Then we can debate all offseason who the REAL champ is if we end up being undefeated, and teams can go back to having real OOC schedules as they won't be worried about fucking up their playoff chances with a single loss.

FMFYFE

The quest for an undisputed champ is ruining college football. Get the fuck off my lawn!

No then you get shit like 1991, where UW and Miami shared a national title.

Sharing is loser talk
    It's not sharing. They each won a whole fucking natty.

I'm sorry you can't understand that concept.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

Fuck the playoff unless you are gonna do a 16 team playoff with automatic bids for major conference champs. That's fucking dumb, though.

Give me back the old bowl system. I don't care if there's 30 bowls or not. Just let me watch my DAWGS play in the Rose Bowl against the Big 10(?) champs.

Then we can debate all offseason who the REAL champ is if we end up being undefeated, and teams can go back to having real OOC schedules as they won't be worried about fucking up their playoff chances with a single loss.

FMFYFE

The quest for an undisputed champ is ruining college football. Get the fuck off my lawn!

No then you get shit like 1991, where UW and Miami shared a national title.

Sharing is loser talk
    It's not sharing. They each won a whole fucking natty.

I'm sorry you can't understand that concept.
    Not the case. There is only one national championship.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

After my accident, my prostitution career was derailed, so I am thinking about switching over to accounting. People like gay accountants. We are fastidious, but fun!