Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hot Playoff Talk (not trolling)

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,550
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Fuck the playoff unless you are gonna do a 16 team playoff with automatic bids for major conference champs. That's fucking dumb, though.

Give me back the old bowl system. I don't care if there's 30 bowls or not. Just let me watch my DAWGS play in the Rose Bowl against the Big 10(?) champs.

Then we can debate all offseason who the REAL champ is if we end up being undefeated, and teams can go back to having real OOC schedules as they won't be worried about fucking up their playoff chances with a single loss.

FMFYFE

The quest for an undisputed champ is ruining college football. Get the fuck off my lawn!

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They want a 4 team playoff so they can put black Sark over a coach like Petersen and drum up a bunch of noise among doogs and every other fucktard. Then there's the pageantry of meaningless bowls and loser fans whose teams will never actually make a playoff. Think WSU.

It's going to be a long time, if ever, when there is a playoff system that isn't completely fucktarded.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Fuck the playoff unless you are gonna do a 16 team playoff with automatic bids for major conference champs. That's fucking dumb, though.

Give me back the old bowl system. I don't care if there's 30 bowls or not. Just let me watch my DAWGS play in the Rose Bowl against the Big 10(?) champs.

Then we can debate all offseason who the REAL champ is if we end up being undefeated, and teams can go back to having real OOC schedules as they won't be worried about fucking up their playoff chances with a single loss.

FMFYFE

The quest for an undisputed champ is ruining college football. Get the fuck off my lawn!

No then you get shit like 1991, where UW and Miami shared a national title.

Sharing is loser talk
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

FMFYFE

Sharing is loser talk
    Go watch the MLS playoffs faggot.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

FMFYFE

Sharing is loser talk
    Go watch the MLS playoffs faggot.
    So you wouldn't have loved to see UW face Miami in 1991?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2016
    It's amazing to me that a crippled oxy addict is 100x more intelligent than any national media pundit or pollster is.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Right now we have a poll system like we used to. It's not a 'playoff'. A playoff you have division winners and they feed into a tournament.

Right now, we just have a 'panel of experts' pick 4 teams. Which is essentially, the old poll system with one additional game.

A much better system would be either just go back to the old bowl system and have the committee pick 2 teams to play in a natty (which is basically what we have now, except for it would keep traditional tie-ins, which are the shit).

Or, we can go to 4, 16 team conferences and take those winners and have an actual playoff.

Because the second scenario is unlikely for logistical reasons, the only thing that makes sense is that we do the first one.

But we won't do that, because we are fucking stupid. It will end up expanding and weakening the whole fucking point of college football which is the regionality and that winning your conference means something irrespective of the national picture.

A six or eight team playoff is just exacerbating the stupidity of the current system. Every time you have teams that are 'picked' you are going to want 1 or 2 more teams. That's why we have SIXTY FIVE in the BBall tourney. Because SIXTY FOUR wasn't enough. HAD TO HAVE ONE MORE!

Fucking stupid bullshit.

It's now up to 68.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I can't, for the life of me figure out why we try to pick 4 teams before the bowls instead of 2 teams after the bowls. It's so fucking stupid.

Bowl tie ins that would make sense:

Rose: Pac-12 vs. Big 10 (UW vs. Michigan)
    Sugar: SEC vs. ACC (Bama vs. Clemson)
    Orange: Big 12 vs. At Large 1 (Okie vs. Ohio State)
    Fiesta: At Large 2 vs. At Large 3 (Louisville vs. Western Mich - fuck it)

Then you have an undefeated UW vs. an undefeated Clemson in the COMCAST BROUGHT TO YOU BY BUDLIGHT, POWERED BY AT&T NATTY BOWL, PRESENTED BY MONSANTO.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I can't, for the life of me figure out why we try to pick 4 teams before the bowls instead of 2 teams after the bowls. It's so fucking stupid.

Then you have an undefeated UW vs. an undefeated Clemson in the COMCAST BROUGHT TO YOU BY BUDLIGHT, POWERED BY AT&T NATTY BOWL, PRESENTED BY MONSANTO.

That's pretty much the system we have now, dumbass.
  • Options

Except for the fact that we have the over-complication of not knowing where the fuck conference champions are going to play and fucking up the traditional bowl tie ins, dumbass.
  • Options

Except for the fact that we have the over-complication of not knowing where the fuck conference champions are going to play and fucking up the traditional bowl tie ins, dumbass.
    It's very simple to figure out the new system.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

I tend to agree with that. Also it seems like people can't even enjoy winning their conference anymore. That should be the real goal of every team every season. Let the rest play itself out.
  • Options
    The whole thing is fucking retarded. You are never going to get a true national champ in CFB. It's ruining fucking everything like my future husband @PurpleJ said.
  • Options

The whole thing is fucking retarded. You are never going to get a true national champ in CFB. It's ruining fucking everything like my future husband @PurpleJ said.

Alabama was a true champion last year.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off.
    They won the Sugar Bowl.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    A motion from the floor:

Whenever a thread contains the word "hot", a Keely/Antje-like pic is required or the thread author is banned.

• Options
    edited November 2016

Fuck off.
    FUCKING WRONG.

You are really bad at understanding shit.

Clemson and Bama tied last year and split the natty. If you want the fucking NFL, watch the NFL.