Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon academics

IMHO, it's an embarrassment what their academic institution is, and what's happened to them as far as their state funding has gone. In my mind it's a wonderful athletic facility but they've watched it at the expense of the university go really down.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is this a whoosh? Who gives a shit how good of a university Oregon is?
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I apologize for what I have said, I have a great respect for the University of Oregon both as an institution and an athletic program

• Options
    I still remember Pool Boy bitching bout their Academics before the UO game in 2010.

Doogs of course loved it never mind we fucking lost 53-16.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2013

IMHO, it's an embarrassment what their academic institution is, and what's happened to them as far as their state funding has gone. In my mind it's a wonderful athletic facility but they've watched it at the expense of the university go really down.

I realize it's a whoosh, but what's funny is that there is a bigger gap in undergrad admissions stats, especially sat scores, between Whitman and UW than there is between UW and oregon. No doubt we're higher, but not by as much as people think.

It's so fucking stupid.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How the hell can Budda Baker be considering Oregon? Hasn't he compared the academic rankings of the two schools? Sark better get on that next time he visits. Tosh should get Michael Kneip to give Budda a call to tell him about how he turned down the ivy league for UW. I bet no stupid duck could do that.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

How the hell can Budda Baker be considering Oregon? Hasn't he compared the academic rankings of the two schools? Sark better get on that next time he visits. Tosh should get Michael Kneip to give Budda a call to tell him about how he turned down the ivy league for UW. I bet no stupid duck could do that.

Gotta love Sark's "fence". Hilarious how the 1 school in WA you want to have a pipeline to is Bellevue and Sark can't even do that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How are we 8 poasts into a thread on this and not one of you has corrected the OP's spelling? If we're going to discuss our superior academis, at least spell the word right. Academis are important.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gotta love Sark's "fence". Hilarious how the 1 school in WA you want to have a pipeline to is Bellevue and Sark can't even do that.
    Bellevue guys are always busts. Remember James Hasty?

• Options

I forgot what Doog said that. Although Stephen Schilling and David DeCastro come to mind. Even E.J. Savannahah(your eyes are as good as mine) was a good LB.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

I forgot what Doog said that. Although Stephen Schilling and David DeCastro come to mind. Even E.J. Savannahah(your eyes are as good as mine) was a good LB.
    The Bellevue busts, save for Savannahaha, commit to UW. The rest of their stars leave. Things are great between Butch and Steve. Just ask Kim.

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    The Bellevue busts, save for Savannahaha, commit to UW. The rest of their stars leave.

Not true, Softy stayed in the Seattle market!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    academis are important
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

TheKobeStopper (RIP)! True?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Photo of oregon's valedictorian: image
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who cares? None of my children or grandchildren would ever go to UO to get a higher education and those of my Oregon relatives who actually attend college and can't get into Oregon State deserve to waste their time in Eugene.

This better-than-thou academic crap is so boring for any real Dawgfan.

• Options
    Passion said:

Shit. Doogman. Belongs.

You've had more than enough time to prove you belong here. Pack up and go home already.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2013
    Tailgater said:

Who cares? None of my children or grandchildren would ever go to UO to get a higher education and those of my Oregon relatives who actually attend college and can't get into Oregon State deserve to waste their time in Eugene.

This better-than-thou academic crap is so boring for any real Dawgfan.

The truth is, we have more in common with Oregon academically than we do the top schools in the conference. I threw in Whitman just to make the point of how silly it is because we're not even the most elite school in our state.

Also, Oregon has always been harder to get into than Oregon State. You, like every other engineer I know, think that if you're not making $45,000 a year working for Boeing, you're not living. I moved out of those neighborhoods when I was in my early 30s. :)

As it pertains to GPA, I believe the #s are even closer, but I don't pay attention to those because they're subjective. SAT scores is where the men are separated from the boys.

And, yes, it is all about undergraduate selectivity. The rest is detail.

SAT SCORE COMPARISON
    Reading Math Writing
    25% 75% 25% 75% 25% 75%
    Berkeley 600 720 650 770 620 740
    Whitm. 610 730 610 700 620 720
    UW 510 650 570 700 520 640
    UofO 492 610 501 613 - -
    OSU 470 600 490 620 - -
    WSU 460 570 470 600 450 550
    UofA 480 600 490 620 480 600
    Furd 680 780 700 790 700 780
    UCLA 560 690 610 740 590 710
    USC 620 720 650 760 640 740

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Shit. Doogman. Belongs.

You've had more than enough time to prove you belong here. Pack up and go home already.
    You realize that everyone gets made fun of here, but you lose your shit if anyone makes fun of one specific group of people.

God it's embarrassing how much you love oregon. Just go ahead and do it. Come out of the closet.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Shit. Doogman. Belongs.

You realize that everyone gets made fun of here, but you lose your shit if anyone makes fun of one specific group of people.

God it's embarrassing how much you love oregon. Just go ahead and do it. Come out of the closet.
    If you're going to make fun of Oregon, do it with an ounce of intelligence instead of the typical humorless Doog crap that got old a decade ago.

HTH