Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Wk 1 Playoff Rankings Game Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

There's still a lot of football to be played ... we honestly don't know about a 1 loss Washington because there's a lot of moving parts to that ...

The biggest reason though to question a 1 loss Washington though is that one of its most likely opportunities for a loss is at the Cougs ... if we lose that game the reason we're disqualified is because we won't win the Conference ... not because we have a loss.

the most likely spot for a loss is USC or the Pac-12 title game. The cougs are garbage, and falk will dead by that game. Stadium default if UW loses
    I'm not 100% sure I agree ...

There was a part of me that was really worried about how much Cal could score leading into this game before the announcement tonight ... it was possible that we could have come in flat ... doubt that will be the case now ... too many guys on our team love to play with chips on their shoulder ... they've now got their chip.

The SC game is one of the few games left I feel relatively confident about. The stadium is going to be jacked if we're 9-0. We haven't had a noteworthy game there in 6 weeks or thereabouts. Still starting a young QB on the road. He handled the pressure ok at Utah ... but what's the environment at Utah (spoiler alert ... not great). Outside of that, who has USC played on the road since then? Arizona. Everybody else (ASU, Colorado, Cal, and Oregon) will have been at home ... there's nothing to prepare young QBs for being in the fire of road games like being in them. Browning had his fair share of "moments" last year in those situations (beat Oregon St and USC ... lost to Arizona St and Boise). Physically USC is the closest competition in the conference ... and there's also no question that they are talented. Our ability to stop their run game will be paramount as their recent success has been predicated on running all over overmatched teams and then exploiting them in the passing game. They've shown a recent propensity to not respond well when punched in the mouth ... we'll be the first team able to do that against them since September when Stanford and Utah did so ... and both beat them.

I was definitely worried about ASU before the season ... but they are a disaster.

And honestly, the way the Cougs play matches up literally perfectly for what we do ... bring that game on.
    USC is the only team with talent even comparable to what we have. That's what scares me. Yeah Helton is a joke and their qb is a freshman but it's also possible guys like Jackson and smoth-schustrr go off.
    The Cal game I feel like will either resemble Oregon or Arizona. It's worth noting that kwiatkowski's defense whether it be wsu or Cal has been exceptional since he got here against air raid type offenses. After this today I think it's even more likely UW brings out the plunger, something like 50-20
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016

Willingham in theory could have the Huskies ranked 12th or 14th, and no one on the committee would have the courage to challenge him. And he knows it.

That's bullshit.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE said:

The really funny part, and some might say ironic, is that one of the reasons you guys were so shitty for the last 15 years, is because you hired a guy that is now on that selection committee. ROFL.

That's the joke.

Besides the one in @backthepack's jeans that is.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

salemcoog said:

Lol they needed OT at home to beat Tenn and UCLA nuff said

And we needed OT to beat a 2-6 Arizona team. Not sure that's the argument you want to make.

A&M getting buttfucked by 19 points against Bama is what should disqualify them, regardless of where they finish the season. Unless the Aggies can win out and Bama somehow loses two games, they don't deserve to even sniff the playoffs.
    And you needed a late punt return to beat what will be a 7-5 Utah team as well.
    CPOTD!

You'll see,

But Doogs hate facts so I understand the outrage.
    You're on the wrong site, fucktard.
    It's always special when a Dawgman Diehard wanders off the reservation.

Word to the wise IF Kim sees you posting on here... He's sure to boot you out of the citrus chatroom.

No warning.

Just gone.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

The really funny part, and some might say ironic, is that one of the reasons you guys were so shitty for the last 15 years, is because you hired a guy that is now on that selection committee. ROFL.

That's the joke.

Besides the one in @backthepack's jeans that is.
    Bahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha awww that's cute...
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

gonna be super interested to see how dark sark does with being ranked 4th now, ton of pressure.

im guessing he'll have it dialed in.

shameless self-quote

lmao

#darksark
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread is a black eye for HH.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SEC faggots. Fuck the committee. Fuck ESPN. Fuck CBS. Why is this possibly funny?

It's funny because Doogs panic over shit that doesn't matter for four more weeks.
    True, but ESPN's headline online was, "Washington can thank Mississippi State for the help."

The next headline is Petrino whining about being #7.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

SEC faggots. Fuck the committee. Fuck ESPN. Fuck CBS. Why is this possibly funny?

It's funny because Doogs panic over shit that doesn't matter for four more weeks.
    True, but ESPN's headline online was, "Washington can thank Mississippi State for the help."

The next headline is Petrino whining about being #7.
    CHRIST