Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Wk 1 Playoff Rankings Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Two wannabe trolls: one whose real college is so low they play high school football and the other whose team lost to an fcs school for a 2nd straight year and is literally killing their NFL quarterback to stay in the same conversation as Washington.

lol you fucking losers.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Willingham in theory could have the Huskies ranked 12th or 14th, and no one on the committee would have the courage to challenge him. And he knows it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Willingham in theory could have the Huskies ranked 12th or 14th, and no one on the committee would have the courage to challenge him. And he knows it.

Barry Alvarez would.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    haie said:

Two wannabe trolls: one whose real college is so low they play high school football and the other whose team lost to an fcs school for a 2nd straight year and is literally killing their NFL quarterback to stay in the same conversation as Washington.

LOL from the guy who probably didn't even graduate from Bellevue CC, where the majority of Husky fans matriculated.

BTW, I also have a degree from the UW, but my college football fan association was set in Oregon before I moved to Seattle.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

haie said:

LOL from the guy who probably didn't even graduate from Bellevue CC, where the majority of Husky fans matriculated.

BTW, I also have a degree from the UW, but my college football fan association was set in Oregon before I moved to Seattle.
    70-21 nuff said fuck off Ducky.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @OZONE has reached He_Needs_More_Cock territory in this thread.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016

ATM isn't good and will lose again. I'm a little worried about what happens if Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game. Alabama, Clemson go undefeated. Ohio State and Michigan with one loss. That's the nightmare scenario.

I can't see a michigan team that loses their division without a great SOS getting in over an undefeated UW
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

ATM isn't good and will lose again. I'm a little worried about what happens if Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game. Alabama, Clemson go undefeated. Ohio State and Michigan with one loss. That's the nightmare scenario.

I didn't think it would matter before tonight, but yeah that concerns me now. Really though, there are four teams ahead of us and each plays at least four more games, three likely will play five. That's around 20 games and all we need is one of them to be a loss and we won't sweat a drop.

This thread is going to look so retarded if we lose a game.
  • Options

I didn't think it would matter before tonight, but yeah that concerns me now. Really though, there are four teams ahead of us and each plays at least four more games, three likely will play five. That's around 20 games and all we need is one of them to be a loss and we won't sweat a drop.

not really. we know this all dependent on if UW wins out and accept that there is at the very least a 30% chance of that not happening
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dhdawg said:

not really. we know this all dependent on if UW wins out and accept that there is at the very least a 30% chance of that not happening
    Right, don't win out and it doesn't matter at all.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Right, don't win out and it doesn't matter at all.
    not unless Louisville, Ohio State, and A&M all take another loss
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This changes nothing.. We all knew that a 1 loss Washington wasn't getting into the playoffs. WIN out and we are in. This just helps us. The players Will NOT be overlooking Cal this week after getting bitch slapped in the rankings. I for one will tip my hat and say "Thank you" to the committee. They about to butt fuck Cal then shove a Marshawn Lynch bobble head up the crack for good measure.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

There's still a lot of football to be played ... we honestly don't know about a 1 loss Washington because there's a lot of moving parts to that ...

The biggest reason though to question a 1 loss Washington though is that one of its most likely opportunities for a loss is at the Cougs ... if we lose that game the reason we're disqualified is because we won't win the Conference ... not because we have a loss.

the most likely spot for a loss is USC or the Pac-12 title game. The cougs are garbage, and falk will dead by that game. Stadium default if UW loses
  • Options
    Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

salemcoog said:

Lol they needed OT at home to beat Tenn and UCLA nuff said

And we needed OT to beat a 2-6 Arizona team. Not sure that's the argument you want to make.

A&M getting buttfucked by 19 points against Bama is what should disqualify them, regardless of where they finish the season. Unless the Aggies can win out and Bama somehow loses two games, they don't deserve to even sniff the playoffs.
    And you needed a late punt return to beat what will be a 7-5 Utah team as well.
    CPOTD!

You'll see,

But Doogs hate facts so I understand the outrage.
    You're on the wrong site, fucktard.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    OZONE said:

salemcoog said:

OZONE said:

I just have one thing to say. If Oregon or Stanford had played the same schedule as you guys, and were undefeated, Oregon or Stanford would be in the top 4.

You guys have a ways to go still in terms of earning respect. This isn't the Pac 12's fault, this is your fault for being so shitty for the last 15 years.

0-12 squared.
    I haven't had so solve a partial differential equation in a while, but would that be like...

0 - 144?
    It'd be 144 ... (0-12)^2 = -12^2 = 144

#MathSuperiorityGuy
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

There's still a lot of football to be played ... we honestly don't know about a 1 loss Washington because there's a lot of moving parts to that ...

The biggest reason though to question a 1 loss Washington though is that one of its most likely opportunities for a loss is at the Cougs ... if we lose that game the reason we're disqualified is because we won't win the Conference ... not because we have a loss.

the most likely spot for a loss is USC or the Pac-12 title game. The cougs are garbage, and falk will dead by that game. Stadium default if UW loses
    I'm not 100% sure I agree ...

There was a part of me that was really worried about how much Cal could score leading into this game before the announcement tonight ... it was possible that we could have come in flat ... doubt that will be the case now ... too many guys on our team love to play with chips on their shoulder ... they've now got their chip.

The SC game is one of the few games left I feel relatively confident about. The stadium is going to be jacked if we're 9-0. We haven't had a noteworthy game there in 6 weeks or thereabouts. Still starting a young QB on the road. He handled the pressure ok at Utah ... but what's the environment at Utah (spoiler alert ... not great). Outside of that, who has USC played on the road since then? Arizona. Everybody else (ASU, Colorado, Cal, and Oregon) will have been at home ... there's nothing to prepare young QBs for being in the fire of road games like being in them. Browning had his fair share of "moments" last year in those situations (beat Oregon St and USC ... lost to Arizona St and Boise). Physically USC is the closest competition in the conference ... and there's also no question that they are talented. Our ability to stop their run game will be paramount as their recent success has been predicated on running all over overmatched teams and then exploiting them in the passing game. They've shown a recent propensity to not respond well when punched in the mouth ... we'll be the first team able to do that against them since September when Stanford and Utah did so ... and both beat them.

I was definitely worried about ASU before the season ... but they are a disaster.

And honestly, the way the Cougs play matches up literally perfectly for what we do ... bring that game on.