Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

At Least We Won

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Utah would hang withget barebacked by Ohio State or Michigan in the Rose Bowl

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I hate this "at least we won" shit. It's soft and something that a Quook or Coog would say.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I hate this "at least we won" shit. It's soft and something that a Quook or Coog would say.

And I don't mean it with some bullshit. We should have rather easily to plungered Troy Williams and the mormons, but we were actually losing in the 3rd quarter and tied with 4 min to go. You bet your ass I'm glad that "at least we won."
    Look, I'm as happy as anyone else here, I just hate the Pollyannas here that can't see any wrong.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Who is bitching about 8-0?

Husky fans.

Is anyone surprised?

No.

Just queefing out our cunts and talking football. Are we not a TD better than Utah. Game should have been a rather easy victory, 34-17.
    I thought the line probably had it right. It was 9.5 or 10. So we were a field gull worse than expected. For a team that was 4-6 almost a year ago, I'm not going to bitch too much. Quitter running back getting too many yards and maybe a lack of adjustments were my main complaints.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Their O-Line is pretty damn good. If they had a better QB they probably beat us today. Also that retired RB runs really hard. Seemed like he was always falling forward for a yard or two every damn time.

Their defense is not really good though. Similar to Arizona we rushed almost at will against them but for some reason when we are around the fifty yard line we start getting cute with the play calling.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Their O-Line is pretty damn good. If they had a better QB they probably beat us today. Also that retired RB runs really hard. Seemed like he was always falling forward for a yard or two every damn time.

Their defense is not really good though. Similar to Arizona we rushed almost at will against them but for some reason when we are around the fifty yard line we start getting cute with the play calling.

Pretty good? Both RB's averaged over 7 a pop. The OL very well may be the strength of the offense.

The best formation is the one with Sample and Dissly. Some shotgun Stanford shit with John Ross and Pettis.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who is bitching about 8-0?

Husky fans.

Is anyone surprised?

No.

If you don't have high standards, LEAVE.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we don't abandon our offense and get cute, leading to call that ridiculous downfield throw (INT), we roll.

But we won against a top 20 team playing a B game. Fuck it. I'll take it.

Your first sentence is the 2nd most important sentence of the day behind the one saying we won.

You've just called two great series back to back for a 14-0 lead. Then you go for the home run which Jake throws away to be 2nd and 10. Nothing on 2nd, 3rd down was the pick and it's a game again.

I completely lost my shit seeing that, and THAT is preciously why Smith scares me as o.c. He has a dna gene in him to get fuckin cute/tricky one or two times per game. Most lead to blown series, a few will lead to fg's instead of td's. Today's led to the int.

Continue the groove from the previous td's, get another td or a field goal, make Utah and BP down three scores and tgio (that game is over)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I wish I had an All 22 to watch for each play ... but Utah did a much better job this week of really shoring up some of the weaknesses that they had against UCLA.

There were definitely some things we did well, ok, and poor ... but we averaged just under 7 yards per play ... so it's hard to get overly critical there.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I wish I had an All 22 to watch for each play ... but Utah did a much better job this week of really shoring up some of the weaknesses that they had against UCLA.

There were definitely some things we did well, ok, and poor ... but we averaged just under 7 yards per play ... so it's hard to get overly critical there.

The leading rusher in the PAC should get more than 19 carries when he's getting 8 a pop. 8-0 is 8-0, but i don't see how anyone could argue Gaskin should have gotten more touches.