Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

At Least We Won

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I can't hate on any 8-0 coach for UW, but that was kind of a shitty coaches game. Too fucking cute.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Utah is way better in the trenches than I thought. Solid team and Im happy with getting the W. I legitimately thought it was going to be a blowout, especially up 14.

Utah would hang with Ohio State or Michigan in the Rose Bowl
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If we don't abandon our offense and get cute, leading to call that ridiculous downfield throw (INT), we roll.

But we won against a top 20 team playing a B game. Fuck it. I'll take it.

But we wouldn't have beat Bama or Michigan today !!!1!!1!1!!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I can't hate on any 8-0 coach for UW, but that was kind of a shitty coaches game. Too fucking cute.

Defensive coaches refused to deviate from their game plan even when the quitter had 170+ rushing yards.
    He had over 100 in the first half and he only got 60 off 17 carries in the second
    Yeah but still.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Scoreboard baby
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

gmo said:

agreed that wasn't one of our better coached games. I understand "we" never blitz, but they were getting absolutely zero pressure on that cocky fuck all game... believe they blitzed a grand total of once. Result: sack.

I don't get why we rarely blitzed. Joel Klatt or somebody (Baird?...I have unleashed the beer after 17 daze dry) said we only blitz 9% of the time. Williams is sort of mobile but we sacked him when we did.
    We should have blitzed more. Against Arizona too. We keep giving lanes for QBs to run through
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This, fucking hell Kawasaki is pissing me off

Don't know if the scheme is to blame
    but the backers didn't show up today.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

gmo said:

agreed that wasn't one of our better coached games. I understand "we" never blitz, but they were getting absolutely zero pressure on that cocky fuck all game... believe they blitzed a grand total of once. Result: sack.

I don't get why we rarely blitzed. Joel Klatt or somebody (Baird?...I have unleashed the beer after 17 daze dry) said we only blitz 9% of the time. Williams is sort of mobile but we sacked him when we did.
    This is my biggest complaint of the game. Not that Gaskin didn't get 50 carries like everyone wanted...

But holy shit send somebody on 3rd and long when you know they are going to throw! Even if you don't get to home Williams has a high chance of fucking up the throw anyways. He has the most abysmal accuracy I've ever seen. He makes 2 or 3 through the tire throws every game to make him seem not as bad but good Christ I had a hard time watching him even when it was in our favor.

They should have stacked the box and stopped Joe and dared him to throw. If he makes a couple good passes... fine but make Troy beat you with his arm not Joe Williams who is probably the 2nd or 3rd best back in the conference.
    For the first time this year, 4 guys rushing wasn't enough. With a questionable QB under pressure, why not bring it? If only to put the worry in his mind?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    LBs were lacking fundamentals today. Maybe the Twatter war distracted them.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Utah is way better in the trenches than I thought. Solid team and Im happy with getting the W. I legitimately thought it was going to be a blowout, especially up 14.

Coleman and Gaskin both averaged 7.5 a carry. Utah was good in the trenches?