Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariota is a 57% passer & DAT is probably out

1235»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,145 Founders Club
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    dnc said:

Canard said:

jecornel said:

I want UW to beat Oregon with DAT.....so there are no what if's bullshit

You needn't worry about beating the Ducks this year. As always, the biggest mismatch in the game is on the headsets of the respective teams.

Would be the case last year but now the best coach on either staff is with UW, and ironically he's a fucking duck.
    [citation needed]
    Has Helfrich does anything remotely impressive as an assistant? His bio looks like Sark's except he has a few more years of experience.

Allioti was mediocre at best. Oregon fans hated him and wanted to get rid of him until Chip came along started winning and bringing in better players.

Of the 4 or 6 major coaches Wilcox is by far the best. Tried to mention how good he was in the summer but you and others had dogshit in your head.

Yeah he gave up 50 points twice in his first season. Nevermind how bad the offense and special teams were in both of those games. Offense had numerous turnovers both games. Nevermind the huge jump in overall play which has continued in year two.

By your rationale you would have questioned Saban after his first year when they went 7-6 and lost to that small school.
    Actually, the best coach as of right now on either staff is a position coach. #GaryCampbell

Here's his resume from 2007 to present

Stewart, Johnson, Blount, James, Barner, Thomas

I think we're done here.
    Maybe. It's a great list of college producing names, no question.

They haven't exactly killed it at the next level though, which obviously raises the question how much of it was Campbell's talent development and how much was the overall scheme. Great OL Play, great blocking from the receivers, wide gaps, read option making defenses worry about the QB, etc. It all adds up to lots of room for those backs to run.

Also, why do you hate Seastrunk?

Jave said:

They've gashed teams for big plays through the air but this guy is not a pure passer. Last year Mariota was only 21-37 against Stanford. Thats why they lost. Mariota was only 62% against UW last year. Certainly, these will be the best WRs we've faced but its a matchup we shouldnt lose.

Put the crack pipe down. Mariota is Oregons weakness? Have you ever, watched the Ducks play? You do realize he is in the running for the Heisman right? The reason you don't see him pass downfield in big numbers is because.....why should he? Our receivers can take an 8 yard pass and turn it into a touchdown nearly at will. So why chance throwing a pick when we don't have to? Your logic is flawed.

You seem like a nice kid, so I'll just tell ya that you're taking this a little more seriously than you should.

Jump on the academic smack thread with me and Tailgater. You'll find it to be a more productive use of your time.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Jave said:

Put the crack pipe down. Mariota is Oregons weakness? Have you ever, watched the Ducks play? You do realize he is in the running for the Heisman right? The reason you don't see him pass downfield in big numbers is because.....why should he? Our receivers can take an 8 yard pass and turn it into a touchdown nearly at will. So why chance throwing a pick when we don't have to? Your logic is flawed.

You just did a great job explaining why a that completion percentage of 57 is unacceptable. If all you're throwing is screens and 8 yard outs while never throwing downfield that is terrible.

Thanks for making Tim's argument for him.
    dnc said:

Jave said:

You just did a great job explaining why a that completion percentage of 57 is unacceptable. If all you're throwing is screens and 8 yard outs while never throwing downfield that is terrible.

So what's the fucking point here? Seems to me that, from what I've seen, he throws down field all the time.

If you want to think Mariota isn't a threat throwing the ball, good luck.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

Jave said:

So what's the fucking point here? Seems to me that, from what I've seen, he throws down field all the time.

The point is that Jave is a dumbass.

hth

dnc said:

dnc said:

Jave said:

The point is that Jave is a dumbass.

hth

yes, that helps. thank you!!