Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariota is a 57% passer & DAT is probably out

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club
    How many fucking times has Oregon had to play a backup against UW and that backup had a career, Heisman candidate-type game?

For that matter, how many back ups in general had those type of games against UW?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

DAT will be fine running straight ahead untouched 97 yards with the opening kick off

You made the assumption we kick it to the goal line.
    Strong wind at our backs

• How many fucking times has Oregon had to play a backup against UW and that backup had a career, Heisman candidate-type game?

For that matter, how many back ups in general had those type of games against UW?

I'll say that was a huge problem in the Ty years for sure. While Sark seems to feast on backups especially backup QB's.

I think at least 1/3 of his wins have come against backup QB's and or guys who were benched later in the season.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited October 2013

They've gashed teams for big plays through the air but this guy is not a pure passer. Our pass D is #3 in the nation against the #14 SOS (Sagarin). Peters is on guys like stink on shit and Parker is excellent. Ducre and Shamburger are two huge surprises. Last year Mariota was only 21-37 against Stanford. Thats why they lost. Mariota was only 62% against UW last year. Certainly, these will be the best WRs we've faced but its a matchup we shouldnt lose.

I don't think DAT plays. Sprained ankle, not going to be ready in only two weeks. More like 4-6. And Byron Marshall is no James or Barner. The key will be keeping Mariota from killing us on the ground. We have the secondary to neutralize their passing game and our LB's have to be disciplined and tackle well in the open-field. I'd hit Mariota early and often...even if we get a few PF penalties.

Oregon gave up 300 yards last week in the first half to Colorado (and 200 to Virginia) and doesn't have Dion Jordan, Kiko Alonso and Michael Clay anymore...three experienced and big-time players on defense. Sankey will go for over 100. Kasen and ASJ need to step up and play like All-Americans.

Not downgrading how good Oregon is, just think the opportunity for UW is ripe due to some slight overlooked things. Do we get a Seahawk-esque crowd? Are we mentally tough enough to come back and play a solid four quarters? These things are key. If Sark doesn't coach us out of a win I like our chances. Each year Sark has had 1 upset victory and its come in the first half of the season. UW is 15-2 in last 17 at home. Over the last 6 games at home, UW is +14ppg avg against the spread. Over the last three games is +20ppg. (Ex-Idaho St).

Fuck Ted fucking stupid Miller for saying its a win if we keep it close.

This is the definition of abundance gentlemen. Win this game AND it increases chances of Sark to USC.

I think you gave more than 5 reasons.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    some_text

but sark is sark and i know he'll fuck this one up. there are a few bullshit intangibles in our favor but sarktard sort of cancels them out.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    jecornel said:

I want UW to beat Oregon with DAT.....so there are no what if's bullshit

You needn't worry about beating the Ducks this year. As always, the biggest mismatch in the game is on the headsets of the respective teams.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Canard said:

jecornel said:

You needn't worry about beating the Ducks this year. As always, the biggest mismatch in the game is on the headsets of the respective teams.

Would be the case last year but now the best coach on either staff is with UW, and ironically he's a fucking duck.

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Would be the case last year but now the best coach on either staff is with UW, and ironically he's a fucking duck.
    Wasn't Wilcox surrendering 50+ last year?

Wilcox's special insights into stopping Ducks offenses quarterbacked by stoners will never be enough to offset how thoroughly Aliotti owns Stevie's masterful playcalling.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Canard said:

jecornel said:

[citation needed]
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,667 Founders Club

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Helfrich is still in LIPO territory since Oregon has been playing the Colorados and Nickel & Dime States of the world for half a season (like usual).
  • Canard said:

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Wilcox's special insights into stopping Ducks offenses quarterbacked by stoners will never be enough to offset how thoroughly Aliotti owns Stevie's masterful playcalling.

Just like I'd jump over the Doogs I'll get on you for quooking it up.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=282780030
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Canard said:

jecornel said:

[citation needed]
    Has Helfrich does anything remotely impressive as an assistant? His bio looks like Sark's except he has a few more years of experience.

Allioti was mediocre at best. Oregon fans hated him and wanted to get rid of him until Chip came along started winning and bringing in better players.

Of the 4 or 6 major coaches Wilcox is by far the best. Tried to mention how good he was in the summer but you and others had dogshit in your head.

Yeah he gave up 50 points twice in his first season. Nevermind how bad the offense and special teams were in both of those games. Offense had numerous turnovers both games. Nevermind the huge jump in overall play which has continued in year two.

By your rationale you would have questioned Saban after his first year when they went 7-6 and lost to that small school.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Canard said:

jecornel said:

[citation needed]
    Has Helfrich does anything remotely impressive as an assistant? His bio looks like Sark's except he has a few more years of experience.

Allioti was mediocre at best. Oregon fans hated him and wanted to get rid of him until Chip came along started winning and bringing in better players.

Of the 4 or 6 major coaches Wilcox is by far the best. Tried to mention how good he was in the summer but you and others had dogshit in your head.

Yeah he gave up 50 points twice in his first season. Nevermind how bad the offense and special teams were in both of those games. Offense had numerous turnovers both games. Nevermind the huge jump in overall play which has continued in year two.

By your rationale you would have questioned Saban after his first year when they went 7-6 and lost to that small school.
    Hello there. Since you learned nothing from last Saturday, let me attempt to remind you that the HEAD COACH matters a whole lot more than the coordinators do.

Oregon has a massive advantage there because they don't have a fucking idiot in charge of the team.

Canard said:

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Whoops, shouldn't have used "thoroughly." Sark got him one time with Pete's best defense at his back. In 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Aliotti wielded the pimp hand. Will again this weekend too.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Canard said:

Canard said:

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Whoops, shouldn't have used "thoroughly." Sark got him one time with Pete's best defense at his back. In 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Aliotti wielded the pimp hand. Will again this weekend too.
    I like being CanardFS and claim a DC owns a head coach nevermind Kelly was the head coach.

I guess in CanardFS mind the Ducks didn't own Lambo(2-4) but Lambo actually owned them since they defeated them for years as a coordinator and Bellotti was the OC during that run too.

Sark was on the USC staff in 2002 and 2005, 2006 that defeated Oregon.

Stop acting like Aliotti "owns" Sark. It was Kelly who owned Sark and when they win this year it will be Helfrich.

Quooks gotta Quook.
    Spot on poast, just required one small edit.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Canard said:

jecornel said:

Stanford cheated, Ertz was out of bounds! Did you enjoy getting our sloppy seconds in the Rose Bowl?

You are a worthless cunt Canard and just as bad as almost any doog.

edited October 2013

Canard said:

jecornel said:

[citation needed]
    "Has Helfrich does anything remotely impressive as an assistant? His bio looks like Sark's except he has a few more years of experience."
    Lol. Helfrich was endorsed for Oregon HC twice by Chip Kelly. Sark was picked by a Pool Boy.
    "Allioti was mediocre at best. Oregon fans hated him and wanted to get rid of him until Chip came along started winning and bringing in better players."
    Bellotti's conservatism, expressed through sitting on leads, often made Aliotti look bad. Chip's style necessitated a philosophical change on defense. Basically, and even using Bellotti's players at first, Aliotti was simply unleashed to be as aggressive as possible. Sark doesn't deal with extreme aggression very well because he's a fat pussy.
    "Of the 4 or 6 major coaches Wilcox is by far the best. Tried to mention how good he was in the summer but you and others had dogshit in your head."
    You're just confirming yourself as a fucktard with that one.
    "Yeah he gave up 50 points twice in his first season. Nevermind how bad the offense and special teams were in both of those games. Offense had numerous turnovers both games. Nevermind the huge jump in overall play which has continued in year two."
    The huge jump was mostly against shitbag teams and one plodder that Wilcox couldn't stop from a sub one minute TD drive at the end of the first half.

In 2012, here's how it really went down:

1st Oregon drive—INT @ UW 35
    1st UW drive 6 plays, Punt to Oregon 10
    2nd UO drive, 5 plays, Punt muffed by UW @ own 20. Two plays, 20 yards UO scores a TD, 7-0.
    2nd UW drive, 6 plays, Punt for touch back.
    3rd UO drive, 4 plays TD, 80 yards 1:03 14-0.
    3rd UW drive, 4 plays pick 6 for Oregon. 21-0.
    4th UW drive, 7 plays, 73 yards, 3:09 TD 21-7.
    4th UO drive, 10 plays 76 yards, 3:12 TD 28-7.
    5th UW drive, 5 plays, KP fumble at UO 36.
    5th UO drive, 4 plays, 64 yards 00:50 TD 35-7.

We'll stop right there because the game is over at this point at 8:54 remaining in the second quarter.

Wilcox's D gains INT. Good
    Wilcox's D surrenders a sudden change TD from own 20. Forgivable.
    Wilcox's D surrenders a four play 80 yard drive. Shit D.
    Wilcox's D, with no fatigue excuses yet, surrenders a 7 play TD drive. Shit D.
    Sark finally gets something going, Wilcox answers by surrendering a 10 play drive for a TD. 21-7 with a stop here is still a game, Wilcox fails and it's 28-7.
    UW fumbles in Oregon territory. Wilcox has to hold the Ducks off here for UW to have any chance. Instead surrenders a whopping 4 play 64 yard TD drive. Shit D.

Sure, Sark's shitastic offense wasn't helping matters, but he was burning some clock for the defense to rest between the miscues. Your coaching god couldn't keep UW within contact by giving up two sub-one-minute TDs.
    "By your rationale you would have questioned Saban after his first year when they went 7-6 and lost to that small school."
    Are you seriously suggesting Wilcox is on a Saban-like trajectory?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    hey Canard... TL, DR.. Nobody else will either