Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Fish / Why the mediocre rush defense through 7 games?

124»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I mean kudos for at least showing up with an avatar, which means you might be salvageable, but name dropping Race in the hopes that I wouldn't crawl into your ass for the next week was pathetic. Kill yourself.

Wow, your first post. This is sort of special. Also a blue print for how new fuckers can assimilate here if they have heart and balls. I just Nebraska classied you back Big Cat.
    I got @FirePete breaking my balls over getting scalped. He and need to take a walk along the banks of the Little Bighorn River for perspective and a swift kick in the nuts.
    To quote Tyson “I will fuck you till you love me faggot”
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I mean kudos for at least showing up with an avatar, which means you might be salvageable, but name dropping Race in the hopes that I wouldn't crawl into your ass for the next week was pathetic. Kill yourself.

Wow, your first post. This is sort of special. Also a blue print for how new fuckers can assimilate here if they have heart and balls. I just Nebraska classied you back Big Cat.
    I got @FirePete breaking my balls over getting scalped. He and need to take a walk along the banks of the Little Bighorn River for perspective and a swift kick in the nuts.
    To quote Tyson “I will fuck you till you love me faggot”

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

New fish here, and I’m not supposed to be here, but here I’m anyway. I’ve been lurking on the sidelines for about a year to get a feel for this place and love the HHB/Hardcore Husky shtick; and thought I would give posting on the boreds the old college try. Plus I once saw DFI’s Race Bannon smoke weed and talk shit in person (post Oregon Game at Autzen in 2002) so I feel like I should have a little street cred in this place.

At any rate, here is my question for the football experts of the bored: Why is our rush defense so mediocre through 6 games (6th in Pac, 45th nationally) compared with our overall defense being solid in terms of scoring and passing. I get major anxiety watching us get gashed by some of these Pac 12 bottom feeders- e.g., Arizona, OSU in the 2nds half, etc. With as much talent as we have at d-line (at least before Mathis went down), linebacker, and secondary, why are we better at stopping the run? Is all Psalm’ fault? Is it scheme- e.g., we give up yards between the 20’s but not the big pass play? Is the sample pool just lousy and a lot of the rushing yards have come in the 2nd half against our 2’s and 3’s (excluding Arizona?).

My attention span is above average and would love to hear some good, long winded analysis. I suspect it will get covered on the TSIO Pod vis-à-vis Utah and will be sure to tune in…you can count me as listener number 9.

Hole.e.fuck dude. 14k+ posts in that time period. How long you been employed?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,040
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022
    UW is 3rd in the conference in YPC D, and much closer to 2nd than 4th. I think it is important these days to take garbage tim into consideration.

Oregon was up 63-7(70-14 final) in the 3rd vs EWU(iggles are fucking horrible this year), 38-7(41-20) on BYU with 8 minutes left in the 3rd, 38-10(45-28) vs Stanford with 4 minutes left in the 3rd, and 42-13(49-22) on UA with 11 minutes left in the 3rd.

That's 47-24 in garbage time. Which is exactly why this year I think it's important to take garbage tim into consideration. It does speak to having shitty depth, but we?'re west coast teams, same as it ever was.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,040
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

UW is 3rd in the conference in YPC D, and much closer to 2nd than 4th. I think it is important these days to take garbage tim into consideration.

Oregon was up 63-7(70-14 final) in the 3rd vs EWU(iggles are fucking horrible this year), 38-7(41-20) on BYU with 8 minutes left in the 3rd, 38-10(45-28) vs Stanford with 4 minutes left in the 3rd, and 42-13(49-22) on UA with 11 minutes left in the 3rd.

That's 47-24 in garbage time. Which is exactly why this year I think it's important to take garbage tim into consideration. It does speak to having shitty depth, but we?'re west coast teams, same as it ever was.

Was I drunk when I wrote this, or sober?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Was I drunk when I wrote this, or sober?
    I wish we had our 2016 defense and running back and John Ross.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think there was a dawgman poster by the name of YellowSnow. I can't remember but I think he was a fag.

You the same person?

I'm not brave enough to use my dawgman handle because I'm a fag.

Nope, not me. I think I probably had a total of 4 or 5 five posts on dawgman years ago under a different handle. Wouldn't surprise me though if someone had the same inspiration and used it on dawgman.
    For all these years, I thought you were him