Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New Fish / Why the mediocre rush defense through 7 games?

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I think there was a dawgman poster by the name of YellowSnow. I can't remember but I think he was a fag.

You the same person?

I'm not brave enough to use my dawgman handle because I'm a fag.

Nope, not me. I think I probably had a total of 4 or 5 five posts on dawgman years ago under a different handle. Wouldn't surprise me though if someone had the same inspiration and used it on dawgman.
    It would surprise me.
    General lack of creativity over there or something? I only know the cliff notes version of how this place got started as an alternative to that site.
    thoseguysarefags.gif
    This was shot at their last signing day event.

Guess which one is me and I'll give you $20!
    Backhair
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,074
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I think there was a dawgman poster by the name of YellowSnow. I can't remember but I think he was a fag.

You the same person?

Nope, not me. I think I probably had a total of 4 or 5 five posts on dawgman years ago under a different handle. Wouldn't surprise me though if someone had the same inspiration and used it on dawgman.
    It would surprise me.
    General lack of creativity over there or something? I only know the cliff notes version of how this place got started as an alternative to that site.
    thoseguysarefags.gif

Considering those are all white guys, I'm guessing you're not in the photo
    Look again on the left edge
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Our backups suck which means we're not back yet.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pretty simple. We dominate the 1st half, then have backups in the 2nd half while our opponents typically keep in their 1st string.

Just going by 1st half stats, we hold opponents to 2.77 ypc, which is 10th in the county http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/situational02/category01/sort02.html

In the 2nd half, we surrender 4.68 ypc, good for 89th in the country http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/situational03/category01/sort02.html

/thread
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Stopping the run will be Kawasaki's #1 priority. We'll see more 3-4 and less 2-4-5...glad that Potoa'e is also in the mix for Mathis' snaps since he's a more physical option than O'Brien.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701

Pretty simple. We dominate the 1st half, then have backups in the 2nd half while our opponents typically keep in their 1st string.

Just going by 1st half stats, we hold opponents to 2.77 ypc, which is 10th in the county http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/situational02/category01/sort02.html

In the 2nd half, we surrender 4.68 ypc, good for 89th in the country http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/situational03/category01/sort02.html

This is certainly a large part of it but Alabama is still first in the nation by a big margin allowing just 2.2 ypc despite blowing many opponents out early (and against much better offenses than UW has faced.)

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This is certainly a large part of it but Alabama is still first in the nation by a big margin allowing just 2.2 ypc despite blowing many opponents out early (and against much better offenses than UW has faced.)

Is there someone here who needs to be convinced?

By the looks of it, there's a pretty good gap between Bama and anybody else. I'd be surprised to see anyone really challenge them this year. In fact, I think anyone they play is going to get their shit pushed in.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dflea said:

By the looks of it, there's a pretty good gap between Bama and anybody else. I'd be surprised to see anyone really challenge them this year. In fact, I think anyone they play is going to get their shit pushed in.
    SEC is just as bad as the pac 12... All the conferences are dreck this year... So top heavy.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

SEC is just as bad as the pac 12... All the conferences are dreck this year... So top heavy.
    I was talking about Bama, not the SEC.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

You the same person?

It would surprise me.
    thoseguysarefags.gif

The dude with his clothes still on in the daisy chain???
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

You the same person?

It would surprise me.
    thoseguysarefags.gif

None of them. They can all stand.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

Not worried. Print, print, print is the decision. Has been since 2000. Pretending to care about the deficit now, is folly.

Deficits don't matter until they do. We've never reached that point in our modern but to act like it can't happen is beyond FS. We only get to borrow on the cheap because the rest of the world still believes in the full faith and credit of the US Government. If that changes we fuct biggy.

We have a fundamental problem in this country in that we want way more in benefits than we are willing to pay for them. And it's not just the fault of 'po people sucking off the guvmint tittays.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

Not worried. Print, print, print is the decision. Has been since 2000. Pretending to care about the deficit now, is folly.

Deficits don't matter until they do. We've never reached that point in our modern but to act like it can't happen is beyond FS. We only get to borrow on the cheap because the rest of the world still believes in the full faith and credit of the US Government. If that changes we fuct biggy.

We have a fundamental problem in this country in that we want way more in benefits than we are willing to pay for them. And it's not just the fault of 'po people sucking off the guvmint tittays.
    Nice bored selection Splitskin. Keep your politicking to the Tug.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

doogie said:

Hit the bricks newfishe
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

Hit the bricks newfishe
    #21stmostpopularpoaster
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I mean kudos for at least showing up with an avatar, which means you might be salvageable, but name dropping Race in the hopes that I wouldn't crawl into your ass for the next week was pathetic. Kill yourself.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I mean kudos for at least showing up with an avatar, which means you might be salvageable, but name dropping Race in the hopes that I wouldn't crawl into your ass for the next week was pathetic. Kill yourself.

Wow, your first post. This is sort of special. Also a blue print for how new fuckers can assimilate here if they have heart and balls. I just Nebraska classied you back Big Cat.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Wow, your first post. This is sort of special. Also a blue print for how new fuckers can assimilate here if they have heart and balls. I just Nebraska classied you back Big Cat.
    I got @FirePete breaking my balls over getting scalped. He and need to take a walk along the banks of the Little Bighorn River for perspective and a swift kick in the nuts.