Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How bad is Tevis Bartlett...

13»

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought the same thing, but I don't think he has confidence in DD's catching ability.

Jake blew it a lot last night. He looked like crap and made tons of mistakes.

He threw a crap pass to Dante (should've gone to DD who had no one covering him) and Pettis bailed him out.

Still, he gets credit. So, in the end he made a play that I respect.

But, if he didn't Brownsocks every time we got the ball up by 7, we would've put the game away in the 3rd.

So, there's a ways to go. Jury is still out. He's still Brownsocks until he takes the ball with us up by a score and puts us up by 2 scores and nails the coffin shut on a shit team like AZ.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016

Jake blew it a lot last night. He looked like crap and made tons of mistakes.

He threw a crap pass to Dante (should've gone to DD who had no one covering him) and Pettis bailed him out.

Still, he gets credit. So, in the end he made a play that I respect.

But, if he didn't Brownsocks every time we got the ball up by 7, we would've put the game away in the 3rd.

So, there's a ways to go. Jury is still out. He's still Brownsocks until he takes the ball with us up by a score and puts us up by 2 scores and nails the coffin shut on a shit team like AZ.

Irrelevant. At least now he maybe thinks he can make that play or any play.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Gladstone said:

Whooching is playing well. Told you buttfucks last year when ya'll said he should be suddenly seniored. Told you he's the starter get used to it. Sucks puppy is always right. Mathis stepping up too. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are watching the same game. Bunch a tardo's is how I see it.

Disagree.

They ran his side all game and he couldn't stop it.

Puppy is to football analysis as Psalm is to football.
    Disgree.

Arizona ran right up the gut on us and Victor, Bierria, and Baker didnt have great gap penetration.

Psalm rarely lost contain.

However he did miss some crucial tackles, but the rest of the defense took horrible pursuit angles afterwards.

All in all a shitty effort on defense that I think will be a wake up call for them. If anyone else was better than Psalm they would be starting. But they arent.
    First page from the doog playbook quote right there.
    In this case it's actually right.

So youre saying there is someone better that should be starting. Who? Why arent they?
    @AIRWOLF is on record as predicting Brandon Wellington to pass Psalm by midseason.

He does look damn studly coming off the bus. And on kickoff returns.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Hate? Dude, you're reaching.

My position on Jake is shared by a lot of others here. I love his work ethic.

But he collapsed against asu and didn't pull through against oregon and cal. As Nigel Burton said on the pac-12 post game wrap up: "We need to start a new show, 'keeping it real with Jake Browning.' His team would've never been in that situation if he'd made plays."

He had numerous chances. Until he proves an ability to deliver in tough games in clutch situations, then he is not a winner.

Quit being a lovesick fan. You obviously have certain man-crushes (not there's anything wrong with that).

(By the way, I love how the token ucla fan agrees with you. Talk about an underperforming program.)

He threw a go ahead TD on 3rd down after Arizona had all the momentum on late game miracles on the road... But still.

I have been on the record many times saying that it's LIPO with Browning. He might end up being a loser and suck but there's also a chance he could be pretty good

He had an OK game last night. He missed some critical throws but he made the one that mattered the most. That throw still doesn't prove shit though.
    Browning will never be "a loser and suck." But that doesn't mean he's a winner either. Still needs to prove that. Last year's games against asu, oregon and cal prove he is not yet a winner. Yes, Pettis caught his pass, but was it intended for him?

Right now he is a hard worker with a steady outwardly demeanor and good elusiveness that usually throws an accurate ball. All good traits.
    Generally when a QB hits a WR that is standing still right in the hands from 10 yards away with a rifled pass it is safe to assume he hit his intended target. Generally.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    I'd accept 25 to life to see Wellington take Lilo and Stitch's spot next week.

Death by Ukulele.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2016
    "Enough of this shit! I'm a fire twirler you assholes!"

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Heat from the edge?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Almost as bad as most of your poasts.

A suggestion for you - go back to where you belong: www.dawgman.com

This bored is for honest discussion.
    Tevis is in his 2nd year. Almost every player has gotten better under this coaching staff. Maybe if you actually LIPO then he will beat out Psalm as the year progresses.
    As the year progresses? This team just went through spring practice and summer camp. We've played 4 games. We play stanford next week and the the quacks.

I think it's been "playing out" for a little while.
    Camp and practice is not the same as real game experience. If you don't know that you are retarded.
    I mentioned that we played 4 games.

Camp and practice is critically important. It's how coaches determine depth charts. It's how they determine who starts and who doesn't.

If you don't know that you're retarded.
    They have played 1 game. Do you think the staff really learned anything playing that shitshow OOC schedule?

Browning for example, every time he makes a bad pass you start some stupid thread about how he sucks and is a loser. Yet you defended Keith Price while he continually shit his pants.

#whynotboth
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #MyTevis had several series Friday.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

To clean up the sawdust from the starters devouring the Tree.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Gladstone said:

Whooching is playing well. Told you buttfucks last year when ya'll said he should be suddenly seniored. Told you he's the starter get used to it. Sucks puppy is always right. Mathis stepping up too. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are watching the same game. Bunch a tardo's is how I see it.

Disagree.

They ran his side all game and he couldn't stop it.

Puppy is to football analysis as Psalm is to football.
    Disgree.

Arizona ran right up the gut on us and Victor, Bierria, and Baker didnt have great gap penetration.

Psalm rarely lost contain.

However he did miss some crucial tackles, but the rest of the defense took horrible pursuit angles afterwards.

All in all a shitty effort on defense that I think will be a wake up call for them. If anyone else was better than Psalm they would be starting. But they arent.
    First page from the doog playbook quote right there.
    In this case it's actually right.

So youre saying there is someone better that should be starting. Who? Why arent they?
    @AIRWOLF is on record as predicting Brandon Wellington to pass Psalm by midseason.

He does look damn studly coming off the bus. And on kickoff returns.
    Not my best work.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He was in on Stanford's second drive. So yeah, he'll be fine.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2016

We match up like shit against AZ and way better against Stanford. This week is a totally new week, totally different set of circumstances and a totally different challenge.

However, we have beat good teams at home as an undefeated in the past 10 years. So, I doubt we will have the same loser ball fuckbrain bullshit we did @ Zona.

-----

Holy fuck you're a doog.

----

Great job by your boys in crunch time last night! That's that UCLA toughness shining through.

I wish they could give wins for leading most of the game. You guys would surely have a Natty more recently than '54 if they did!

---

Thanks! We gave you a preview for your DAWGS next week.

Agree that Brandon Dawkins is such a TUFF matchup. You'll matchup better with a top10 team.

Really great insight here by @BallSacked!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Does Sterk get any playing time? I thought he would be better than Tevis
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

... it's hard to complain about anything.

Not for us.