Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In Bama's Prison Rape of USC, the only thing missing was Sark

124»

Comments

• DongJamesDongJames Member Posts: 69

PurpleJ said:

If it's true, it's probably Saban doing this as a favor to Kiffen, nothing more. Sark will probably have no direct impact on the offense, but Kiffen and he will be able to talk late every night about bubble screens and/or bubble butts.

Or Saban knows that Sark actually has something to offer as an assistant and he has nothing to lose, because he holds all the cards. He doesn't need to do favors for Lane. What would his motivation even be? Keeping him? He just let his DC go get a head coach job, so I doubt he intends on holding on to Lane. He wants him to graduate and maybe he thinks he can turn Sark into his replacement. Maybe not.

Sark isn't as big a dumbass as he gets made out to be. Not head coach material, sure, but he can actually be a decent assistant. Super Bowl champion Pete Carroll seems to agree, and people forget that Charlie Weiss was an abject failure as a HC but a bona fide success under Belichick.

Would you hire him as your OC?

That's what I thought.
    I do not feel that he was given an adequate opportunity to respond.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

PurpleJ said:

If it's true, it's probably Saban doing this as a favor to Kiffen, nothing more. Sark will probably have no direct impact on the offense, but Kiffen and he will be able to talk late every night about bubble screens and/or bubble butts.

Or Saban knows that Sark actually has something to offer as an assistant and he has nothing to lose, because he holds all the cards. He doesn't need to do favors for Lane. What would his motivation even be? Keeping him? He just let his DC go get a head coach job, so I doubt he intends on holding on to Lane. He wants him to graduate and maybe he thinks he can turn Sark into his replacement. Maybe not.

Sark isn't as big a dumbass as he gets made out to be. Not head coach material, sure, but he can actually be a decent assistant. Super Bowl champion Pete Carroll seems to agree, and people forget that Charlie Weiss was an abject failure as a HC but a bona fide success under Belichick.

Would you hire him as your OC?

That's what I thought.
    No, but he's not that bad if he simply coaches QB's and calls plays.

He's terrible at running a program. He's not a horrible football coach.

How many times did we throw deep on 3rd and one? How many doomed fade patterns did we run at the goal line? How many times did he mismanage the clock while running the two minute drill? How much did you cringe watching him play copycat to Chip Kelley's hurry up offense?

Sark was a shitty playcaller, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team were I the head coach.

The play calling was rarely the problem. I bitched at times, but no coach gets it right all the time. Sark was a shitty recruiter despite the sizzle and never had a good OL or a tough team. That was the real problem.

Anytime he's been near a decent head coach he's done fine. He's been the play caller of a national title contender. I don't remember if Chow was the play caller when they actually won a natty or not. If the playoff was around back then, USC would have won at least one more title.

He's a good assistant. Kiffin was toxic too, but right now he's in charge of the best offenses Alabama has had under Saban.

Guys like Kiffin and Sark are fine coaches under the right guy. I'd give my left pinkie for either to be UW's OC instead of Smith. I wouldn't shocked at all if Sark was Saban's contingency plan for when Kiffin gets another head coaching job.

Assistants hardly matter, but Saban is a smart guy. So is Carroll.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Both of SC's titles under Pete came with Norm Chow as the OC.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

PurpleJ said:

Lol. This is the hubris right fucking here. Always the same. When a little turns out alright we go full krisvashon and assume more must be better. Human fucking nature. We confuse being lucky with being brilliant.

There is no way adding that retard to the Tuscaloosas will be a good thing.

But this is why all things, good and bad, end. They have to. Rome fell, the US will fall in time ... and so will Bama, though not this season.

The beginning of the end is when SabanSaban makes a full nuclear retard decision to poison his staff with one too many frat bros.

I can't wait.

1. Sarkisian was never in a fraternity.

2. If we're going to BASH frat bros, then I am fucking OUT.
    You're choosing to LEAVE despite your inexorable march toward 20,000 posts?
    Great Leap Forward (Past 20k posts)?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Gladstone said:

I wonder what J will do for his 20,000th post!

Camping World.