Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brexit game thread

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I can't tell if this is a step towards or away from the eventual United Federation of Planets.

I am all for uniting our people with an alien culture.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Obama's comment about Britain going to the back of the trade line is bullshit. Worry about the fucking Chinese instead of our strongest ally.
    That comment was stunning. Obama once again disrespects our greatest ally, and worse, actually threatens them. That vote was all about sovereignty and self determination. Major tip of the cap to the British people for taking their country back. May others, including our own country, have the courage to follow.
    Indeed, the British people should celebrate this incredible display of nationalism!

Should be a great time for the next 12-24 months before Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to secede and re-join the EU. All of this should be a cautionary tale for white trash Americans and Euro-trash nationalists alike: while the economic repercussions will be harsh across the board, it will be far worse for the working class (Race's fabled "vast middle.) Go ahead and put the noose around your own neck. You deserve it.
    You seem scared
    Northern Ireland is pretty scary all on its own.

That was one of the worst seasons of a great show.
    Yes but I assumed most people here wouldn't recognize a picture of Gerry Adams or Bobby Sands.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2016
    Tequilla said:

BIG win for Trump tonight.

Can't wait to hear what they tell hondo to tell us about this.

Precursor to the US Election IMO ... you are spot on.

During my travels, I can't even begin to tell you how much some of the smaller communities in this country are hurting ... the global economy idea is nice in theory but it leaves a lot of people on the sidelines.

Think to your jobs and your friends and how many of you actually produce goods or services? Most of us that live in the larger cities are able to have jobs where we use our minds to earn our living. But outside of the larger, if you aren't producing some kind of good, you don't have a job. It's a significant issue and there are a number of people falling in that category.

When you think in those terms, you get what we're seeing in the global US economy where the rich are getting super rich and the poor getting poorer. It's an explainer of why the middle class is shrinking.

I'm not advocating that inefficient markets and isolationism is the way to go. But at the same time, there is a clear need to figure out how to create opportunities for all in a way that doesn't leave so many behind. It's not healthy for a country and/or a global economy.
    It's cute that you think that Trump gives one flying fuck about the poor rural non thinking man without a manufacturing job.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,561
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I care about what another sovereign nation does. It even sounds like it.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    TheGlove said:

Britain is about the be great again.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Gladstone said:

ok done with political threads for the next 3 years

gl hf

Did the Baltic and Nordic countries leave too?
  • Options
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another...

The UK knew - it was that time. And now is that time in the USA.

The Brexit referendum is akin to our own Declaration of Independence. May that refreshed spirit of sovereignty spread over the pond to America’s shores!

Congratulations, smart Brits. Good on you for ignoring all the fear mongering from special interest globalists who tend to aim for that apocalyptic One World Government that dissolves a nation’s self-determination and sovereignty... the EU being a One World Government mini-me.

America can learn an encouraging lesson from this.

It is time to dissolve political bands that connect us to agendas not in our best interest. May UN shackles be next on the chopping block.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,561
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LONDON (AP) — The United Kingdom’s historic vote to exit the European Union is dominating the conversation online as well as global headlines.

Google Trends is reporting spiking searches in the United Kingdom for “getting an Irish passport” and “move to Gibraltar,” the British territory on the south coast of Spain.

Google also reports one of the top questions asked by UK users since the Brexit referendum results were released is “what is the EU?” Search interest in the British pound is at its highest level ever.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

During my travels, I can't even begin to tell you how much some of the smaller communities in this country are hurting ... the global economy idea is nice in theory but it leaves a lot of people on the sidelines.

Think to your jobs and your friends and how many of you actually produce goods or services? Most of us that live in the larger cities are able to have jobs where we use our minds to earn our living. But outside of the larger, if you aren't producing some kind of good, you don't have a job. It's a significant issue and there are a number of people falling in that category.

When you think in those terms, you get what we're seeing in the global US economy where the rich are getting super rich and the poor getting poorer. It's an explainer of why the middle class is shrinking.

I'm not advocating that inefficient markets and isolationism is the way to go. But at the same time, there is a clear need to figure out how to create opportunities for all in a way that doesn't leave so many behind. It's not healthy for a country and/or a global economy.
    It's cute that you think that Trump gives one flying fuck about the poor rural non thinking man without a manufacturing job.

We know for a fact that none of the Clinton voters care
    As a "self-described" elitist, let me clue you in: your gripe isn't with Hillary Clinton voters. It is with Charles Darwin. You deserve your fate regardless of who you want to blame.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Obama's comment about Britain going to the back of the trade line is bullshit. Worry about the fucking Chinese instead of our strongest ally.
    That comment was stunning. Obama once again disrespects our greatest ally, and worse, actually threatens them. That vote was all about sovereignty and self determination. Major tip of the cap to the British people for taking their country back. May others, including our own country, have the courage to follow.
    Indeed, the British people should celebrate this incredible display of nationalism!

Should be a great time for the next 12-24 months before Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to secede and re-join the EU. All of this should be a cautionary tale for white trash Americans and Euro-trash nationalists alike: while the economic repercussions will be harsh across the board, it will be far worse for the working class (Race's fabled "vast middle.) Go ahead and put the noose around your own neck. You deserve it.
    You seem scared
    He should be
    Angry mobs of white trash have inflicted tremendous harm on the country throughout our history. This latest round is nothing new, historically speaking, but still disturbing that we appear never to learn. Proceed making America great again!

Nobody has done more harm than the moronic self described elites like yourself who are nothing more than drones for the machine. This country has a great history thanks to people who put America first, not some misguided idea of globalization.

At least you're more honest than Hillary. You spit on the people you claim you want to help. The guillotine was invented for your type.
    So making America great again includes unleashing violent, murderous mobs of angry white trash on law-abiding and innocent citizens. You are a sick mother fucker.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

As a "self-described" elitist, let me clue you in: your gripe isn't with Hillary Clinton voters. It is with Charles Darwin. You deserve your fate regardless of who you want to blame.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Agree. Losers lose...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    Rumor is... Muslims voted Bremain. Most everybody else, Brexit.

Fact is... Both Obama and Hilliary are on the wrong side of history.

While chillary was busy tweeting about why her Benghazi experience needed in the White House, Donald Trump was busy LEADING.

Trump was the only world leader who stood with the Brits on Brexit day.

Trump is such a fucking winner.