Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Foster Sarell, we got a shot with him?

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AIRWOLF said:

This is such a retarded argument by Roadie.

Why does literally every college coach spend all their spare time recruiting if it didn't matter. Why doesn't Bama just take whomever?

Why are we renting a helicopter for the first time ever to go to fucking Spanaway?! I mean—we can have Brandon Pili. Why bother? Right Roadie?

Just take whomever. Straußer's and Pete's pecking order doesn't mean hardly anything, probably, right?

Just fuck it. All the evidence points to the fact that recruiting is unimportant to high quality coaches. It's a real mystery why Straußer is wasting his time and sweat when he will get players who will be great no matter what!

I can't figure that shit out.

It matters a shitload.

But you can't get so invested in getting one guy that you freak the fuck out if he goes elsewhere.
    It's not just one guy is the thing though.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AIRWOLF said:

This is such a retarded argument by Roadie.

Why does literally every college coach spend all their spare time recruiting if it didn't matter. Why doesn't Bama just take whomever?

Why are we renting a helicopter for the first time ever to go to fucking Spanaway?! I mean—we can have Brandon Pili. Why bother? Right Roadie?

Just take whomever. Straußer's and Pete's pecking order doesn't mean hardly anything, probably, right?

Just fuck it. All the evidence points to the fact that recruiting is unimportant to high quality coaches. It's a real mystery why Straußer is wasting his time and sweat when he will get players who will be great no matter what!

I can't figure that shit out.

It matters a shitload.

But you can't get so invested in getting one guy that you freak the fuck out if he goes elsewhere.
    /thread
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    lmfao @ "Straußer"
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@Dennis_DeYoung And @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, the fact that you guys actually make the argument that players matter is what is retarded. No fucking shit players matter. Is water wet too?

You want a coach that can recruit and coach? What a fucking novel concept. I want a QB like DeShaun Watson and a RB like Fournette, but I'm not going to complain about Browning and Gaskin.

Everyone here wants Sarrell. The retarded part of this is getting mad that we "might" not have a great OL three years from now when we have all the pieces needed to get to the playoffs THIS fucking year. We have the OL to win the conference THIS fucking year. But continue to spaz out over the OL coach because some teenager might not come to UW.

I hated Petersen until this year, but I can't bitch about an undefeated coach. I can't bitch about the OL coach of the best OL of the conference because he might not get Sarrell.

If we win big the next two years, recruiting will take care of itself. Winning helps. He's not committing for a long time anyways and we have an undefeated team. The future has always been for doogs.

In the past, I haven't always agreed with you, @RoadDawg55 but this deserves post of the year
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

@Dennis_DeYoung And @CokeGreaterThanPepsi, the fact that you guys actually make the argument that players matter is what is retarded. No fucking shit players matter. Is water wet too?

You want a coach that can recruit and coach? What a fucking novel concept. I want a QB like DeShaun Watson and a RB like Fournette, but I'm not going to complain about Browning and Gaskin.

Everyone here wants Sarrell. The retarded part of this is getting mad that we "might" not have a great OL three years from now when we have all the pieces needed to get to the playoffs THIS fucking year. We have the OL to win the conference THIS fucking year. But continue to spaz out over the OL coach because some teenager might not come to UW.

I hated Petersen until this year, but I can't bitch about an undefeated coach. I can't bitch about the OL coach of the best OL of the conference because he might not get Sarrell.

If we win big the next two years, recruiting will take care of itself. Winning helps. He's not committing for a long time anyways and we have an undefeated team. The future has always been for doogs.

You kinda get it, and kinda don't. Wanting to be good in two years AS WELL as this year is like two sides of the same fucking coin. Just because they patched bullshit and chicken wire together into a usable line this year has no bearing on whether they'd be able to do the same next year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are just at different parts of the universe here. I am enjoying the fuck out of this season, a big reason is because I could see it coming because of how Pete was recruiting.

I want to be great this year, and great in two years and in five years. If we don't recruit better on the OL it will hurt us going forward. So yeah, i'd like us to recruit better at OL.
    I know you are enjoying this year. And I still love you. There are a lot of variables other than Fozzy though. We don't know if Roberts, the big kid from Oregon, Burleson, etc suck. Maybe they just aren't ready right now.

My early opinion is that the next two years are our best chance at a title. Not on some orange slices shit, but the coaching staff has made a big effort to get Sarrell and if he doesn't come, it will be hard for me to do anything but shrug.

If the OL sucks in a few years I will certainly bitch, but until they do, why would I complain about anything. This is completely different than Sark whiffing on Garnett.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    if we win enough, recruiting will work itself out eventually
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

1) Everyone here wants Sarrell.

2) The retarded part of this is getting mad that we "might" not have a great OL three years from now when we have all the pieces needed to get to the playoffs THIS fucking year. We have the OL to win the conference THIS fucking year. But continue to spaz out over the OL coach because some teenager might not come to UW.

1) Okay then. STFU.

2) I'm sorry we are upsetting your happy timez with our negativity.

----
    Not since the days of dawgman have I seen anyone more on their period about how THE SKY IS NOT FALLING, OL RECRUITING WILL BE FINE and ENJOY THE RIDE GUYS than @RoadDawg55 is. His bleeding vag needs a fucking 12 day trigger warning every time someone brings up OL recruiting. You can always count on him to come in and slop cunt blood all over whatever thread it is where people are talking about how our OL recruiting sucks.

It's just fundamentally retarded to argue we can't think about the future and this year at the same time. But I guess if you're the leader of the OL Board Period Police it's important that this be a safe space for you and your friends where you can just only think about this year.
    You're being a pussy and have a serious TBS addiction. When the OL sucks we can bitch. Until then, stfu. It really is fucking retarded to complain about the coach of the best OL we have had in well over a decade. I don't know why you have such a hard time with that line of thinking. It's seems obviously logical to me.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

1) Everyone here wants Sarrell.

2) The retarded part of this is getting mad that we "might" not have a great OL three years from now when we have all the pieces needed to get to the playoffs THIS fucking year. We have the OL to win the conference THIS fucking year. But continue to spaz out over the OL coach because some teenager might not come to UW.

1) Okay then. STFU.

2) I'm sorry we are upsetting your happy timez with our negativity.

----
    Not since the days of dawgman have I seen anyone more on their period about how THE SKY IS NOT FALLING, OL RECRUITING WILL BE FINE and ENJOY THE RIDE GUYS than @RoadDawg55 is. His bleeding vag needs a fucking 12 day trigger warning every time someone brings up OL recruiting. You can always count on him to come in and slop cunt blood all over whatever thread it is where people are talking about how our OL recruiting sucks.

It's just fundamentally retarded to argue we can't think about the future and this year at the same time. But I guess if you're the leader of the OL Board Period Police it's important that this be a safe space for you and your friends where you can just only think about this year.
    You're being a pussy and have a serious TBS addiction. When the OL sucks we can bitch. Until then, stfu. It really is fucking retarded to complain about the coach of the best OL we have had in well over a decade. I don't know why you have such a hard time with that line of thinking. It's seems obviously logical to me.
    hurtful.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016
    The last post I'll make about this for awhile because we obviously aren't going to agree.

The difference between the dogman "sky is not falling bullshit" is that we aren't .500 like we always were back then. We are undefeated and favored to win the rest of our games.

Our OL has gotten markedly better from last year, which normally means the coach is developing players. That didn't happen under Sark/Cozzetto. It has happened under Strausser and Pete. Coaches that develop their unit into the best in the conference deserve the benefit of the doubt. Simple fact.

So the sky isn't really falling, whether we get Sarrell or not. Any 5 star from the state is needed, but we might still have a good OL without Sarrell. That was never going to happen by not getting Garnett and the other guys Sark missed. If you can't see those differences, I can't help you. Things fucking change, and it's okay to admit it when they have.

@Gladstone, I followed TBS for years as a teenager and in my early 20's, but it's creepy to follow as a 30, 40 year old man. All is well for Husky Football right now.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I hated Petersen until this year, but I can't bitch about an undefeated coach.

I swear to God, mental retardation must be contagious and all you motherfuckers in this cesspool have cross-contaminated yourselves.

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So... are getting fozzy bear or not? Why am I paying my $10.95?