Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing re: Jen Cohen

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I'm always skeptical about giving the assistant credit or blame for what the HC did. Every once in awhile there's a Chip Kelly/Mike Bellotti situation, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Regardless who negotiated the deal, Pete was Woody's hire, for better or for worse.

It's possible she turns out to be a decent AD. The smart money's on dumpster fire, though.

There's a lot of FS here ...

We don't really know one way or another what was going on in the AD, who was running what, and the like.

No question that the buck in the AD stopped at Woody but how much he farmed out you'd have to be on the inside to know and few can answer that question.

The reality is that forget the rest, Cohen's ultimately going to be measured on:

1) Taking a budget deficit to a surplus --> also known as football being the cash cow

2) Marketing the shit out of the program to aide in 1) happening

3) What she ultimately decides to do with Romar when she doesn't have the cover of a budget deficit to hide behind when it comes to firing Romar ... let's be honest here, if the boosters really wanted Romar gone they'd pony up the cash to buy him out.
    The lack of football wins in this list speaks volumes.
    Football wins are implied
    CHRIST.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I'm always skeptical about giving the assistant credit or blame for what the HC did. Every once in awhile there's a Chip Kelly/Mike Bellotti situation, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Regardless who negotiated the deal, Pete was Woody's hire, for better or for worse.

It's possible she turns out to be a decent AD. The smart money's on dumpster fire, though.

We don't really know one way or another what was going on in the AD, who was running what, and the like.

No question that the buck in the AD stopped at Woody but how much he farmed out you'd have to be on the inside to know and few can answer that question.

The reality is that forget the rest, Cohen's ultimately going to be measured on:

1) Taking a budget deficit to a surplus --> also known as football being the cash cow

3) What she ultimately decides to do with Romar when she doesn't have the cover of a budget deficit to hide behind when it comes to firing Romar ... let's be honest here, if the boosters really wanted Romar gone they'd pony up the cash to buy him out.
    CHRIST.

Are you FS enough to not realize the relationship between wins ➡️ better attendance ➡️ turning budget deficit to budget surplus?
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

CHRIST.

Are you FS enough to not realize the relationship between wins ➡️ better attendance ➡️ turning budget deficit to budget surplus?
    No.

I'm smart enough to realize that the UW AD prioritizes revenue over winning.

Marinerization.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

CHRIST.

No.

Marinerization.
    That may be the case but unlike Marinerization UW has proven they need to win to keep interest ... clear case of abundance
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

CHRIST.

No.

Marinerization.
    That may be the case but unlike Marinerization UW has proven they need to win to keep interest ... clear case of abundance
    Disagree. Revenue has grown substantially during the mediocre tenure of Scott Woodward.

Seattle losers love this crap.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

CHRIST.

No.

Marinerization.
    but when they can simply applaud the revenue gains from tv tard Larry Scott that had nothing to do with their own work, can they still take credit for it?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,409 Founders Club
    Meek said:

so what you're hearing is something someone in the AD office sorta leaked to give Jen some street credit with those who don't buy the UW's chronic bullshit approach to hiring for key positions... i'm not buying this hamburger with cheese.

It's not that at all, but I understand what you're saying. Nor am I saying you should buy it though as I am against the hire.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,409 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Per a reliable source, Cohen was basically the one who hired Petersen, in spite of Woodward.

If true... for those inclined like myself to think this was a bad hire born of nepotism, does this alter your opinion?

So the university is now putting out unarmed sources to try to justify their indefensible hire?
    Not in this case. It was somebody I reached out to just to say hello that I hadn't spoken with in a few months. After I gave my opinion that this was a horrible hire, they countered by saying they thought it was a good hire and told me that tidbit. They are not an employee of the AD.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    How does it feel to sell out, Derek?
    TheGlove said:

whlinder said:

Per a reliable source, Cohen was basically the one who hired Petersen, in spite of Woodward.

If true... for those inclined like myself to think this was a bad hire born of nepotism, does this alter your opinion?

So the university is now putting out unarmed sources to try to justify their indefensible hire?
    Not in this case. It was somebody I reached out to just to say hello that I hadn't spoken with in a few months. After I gave my opinion that this was a horrible hire, they countered by saying they thought it was a good hire and told me that tidbit. They are not an employee of the AD.
    So how are you enjoying @HeretoBeatmyChest and his two inches of thunder?
    Chest actually PMd me about 2-3 weeks ago and said that the UW didn't give him access after all. So in my view it's a shame how all that went down and nothing was gained and we ended up losing a good poster.

Chest actually PMd me about 2-3 weeks ago and said that the UW didn't give him access after all. So in my view it's awesome how all that went down and Boobs returned and we ended up losing a shit poster.

Chest sold his own couch ... he could always admit his mistake and buy a new couch
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    now more than ever lol

@HeretoBeatmyChest = Theon Greyjoy
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

CHRIST.

No.

Marinerization.
    Disagree. Revenue has grown substantially during the mediocre tenure of Scott Woodward.

Seattle losers love this crap.
    Hollywood accounting at it's finest. All the schools got big bucks off the PAC 12 network initially, but it wasn't really sustainable, judging by how shitty the network is compared to every other conferences networks.

So yes, revenue did grow under Woody, but the long term evidence does not support that.