Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing re: Jen Cohen

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

I'm always skeptical about giving the assistant credit or blame for what the HC did. Every once in awhile there's a Chip Kelly/Mike Bellotti situation, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Regardless who negotiated the deal, Pete was Woody's hire, for better or for worse.

It's possible she turns out to be a decent AD. The smart money's on dumpster fire, though.

There's a lot of FS here ...

We don't really know one way or another what was going on in the AD, who was running what, and the like.

No question that the buck in the AD stopped at Woody but how much he farmed out you'd have to be on the inside to know and few can answer that question.

The reality is that forget the rest, Cohen's ultimately going to be measured on:

1) Taking a budget deficit to a surplus --> also known as football being the cash cow

2) Marketing the shit out of the program to aide in 1) happening

3) What she ultimately decides to do with Romar when she doesn't have the cover of a budget deficit to hide behind when it comes to firing Romar ... let's be honest here, if the boosters really wanted Romar gone they'd pony up the cash to buy him out.
    AEB said:

My issue is not about her. Rather, if she really was the heir apparent, why not leave UW, work in the AD department of Alabama or FSU,and gain a broader experience before coming back?

The new chancellor's first move was giving institutional raises right after the legislature cut tuition basically setting UW up for a financial crash landing. Why? Because she's a former professor, a product of the bureaucracy. She has no broad, national appeal, and no experience outside of UW. I hate hiring from within unless that person has experience outside of the organization at some point. FYFMFE

P.S. UW has had shitty leadership for years. The late '60s saw the state legislature force professors to actually teach in the classroom.

This is pretty much the problem with UW ...

Regarding the incestuous hiring, they are overreacting right now to their last rounds of outside hiring that for the most part didn't turn out great and now keeping everything in house ...

In a lot of ways, it's similar to how Microsoft got big, fat, lazy, and happy by turning into a giant culture club before finally pushing the idiots out the door and bringing in new blood.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club

I'm not sure why some of you have a problem with her. I see a fat, sloppy, white, bitch, that didn't actually go to UW. Pretty much the embodiment of the Husky fan base.

I guess Crazy Larry and Army of Doogs weren't available?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

No. Peterman sucks.

You can't say that a coach with a losing record sucks. Don't bash the coach out here.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,409 Founders Club
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,598 Standard Supporter

Per a reliable source, Cohen was basically the one who hired Petersen, in spite of Woodward.

If true... for those inclined like myself to think this was a bad hire born of nepotism, does this alter your opinion?

So the university is now putting out unarmed sources to try to justify their indefensible hire?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Meek said:

as per sources, here's a picture of Jen Cohen working on the Petersen hire.

The judges also would have accepted

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I'm always skeptical about giving the assistant credit or blame for what the HC did. Every once in awhile there's a Chip Kelly/Mike Bellotti situation, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Regardless who negotiated the deal, Pete was Woody's hire, for better or for worse.

It's possible she turns out to be a decent AD. The smart money's on dumpster fire, though.

We don't really know one way or another what was going on in the AD, who was running what, and the like.

No question that the buck in the AD stopped at Woody but how much he farmed out you'd have to be on the inside to know and few can answer that question.

The reality is that forget the rest, Cohen's ultimately going to be measured on:

1) Taking a budget deficit to a surplus --> also known as football being the cash cow

3) What she ultimately decides to do with Romar when she doesn't have the cover of a budget deficit to hide behind when it comes to firing Romar ... let's be honest here, if the boosters really wanted Romar gone they'd pony up the cash to buy him out.
    The lack of football wins in this list speaks volumes.
    Football wins are implied
    I like to say that Alabama stole Saban from LSU while forgetting that he had a failed NFL stint in between ... that's what I like to do
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,134
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

TFSDR

• fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

Per a reliable source, Cohen was basically the one who hired Petersen, in spite of Woodward.

If true... for those inclined like myself to think this was a bad hire born of nepotism, does this alter your opinion?

I won't know until after this season. If 9-3 or better then Kudos...

If worse then its just more of the same...