Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

All Hail President Trump

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016

Is this issue really even important enough or concerning a large enough portion of the population for federal or state governments to legislate either way on it? I don't think anyone would really notice or care if someone who had gone through gender reassignment surgery was using one bathroom or the other. I personally do not think gender reassignment surgery is praiseworthy (I think it is a fundamental deception of who an individual is, in a similar way I don't like the idea of any cosmetic surgery that is not based on repairing physical damage). But if a woman who changed her body to look like a man used the men's bathroom, it does not really seem like a big deal.

I agree.

I don't think any six year old boy who is having an imaginative day should be able to decide he's using the ladies room today (or vice versa).

And this will definitely set up the next step being kids can play on any sports team (men's or women's) that they want to and a whole litany of other things.

And yes I know the slippery slope argument is always wrong, except we're living it out right now. As soon as gay marriage was legalized all of a sudden the trans movement got turned up to 11. Clearly there are more moves coming on the LGBTQ agenda.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,244
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Is this issue really even important enough or concerning a large enough portion of the population for federal or state governments to legislate either way on it? I don't think anyone would really notice or care if someone who had gone through gender reassignment surgery was using one bathroom or the other. I personally do not think gender reassignment surgery is praiseworthy (I think it is a fundamental deception of who an individual is, in a similar way I don't like the idea of any cosmetic surgery that is not based on repairing physical damage). But if a woman who changed her body to look like a man used the men's bathroom, it does not really seem like a big deal.

It's not an important issue at all, except to the extent the supreme leader once again supplants states rights. The OP is right, this will be one more issue reinforcing Trump supporters decision to put someone in the White House who will take a chainsaw to Obama's directives and EOs. It also adds to the school choice argument. Vouchers would allow more parents who object to this kind of BS to more easily move their kids from public schools to private ones. #Trump2016MakeAmericaGreatAgain
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,174

I'm more concerned about rapes by cis males, which, whether in Autzen parking lots or Maltby bedrooms, are an actual, certifiable, problem.

Why is a parking lot rape more concerning than a bathroom rape?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't see the problem.

Until your 16 year old daughter undresses in the locker room and gets checked out by Swaye with a boner in his Orkin pants. She yells at him to get out, but he informs her that he identifies himself as a Cherokee Squaw, so it's all good. Are you going to see the problem then?
    Hi, this scenario doesn't actually exist. Nice straw man though, you must have worked yourself into a pretty righteous lather.
    I see you are not acquainted with my red ninja skills. Barred windows are a mere speedbump to me.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Let me get this straight. There aren't actually any cases of trans persons raping kids in bathrooms, but conservative cis males are going to start going into Women's bathrooms in order to "check" the "equipment" of the women entering the bathroom? Hey, how better to give your daughters a fucked up sense of sexual ownership and bodily shame.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

I don't see the problem.

Until your 16 year old daughter undresses in the locker room and gets checked out by Swaye with a boner in his Orkin pants. She yells at him to get out, but he informs her that he identifies himself as a Cherokee Squaw, so it's all good. Are you going to see the problem then?
    Note to bored: This is likely to happen. With me. In your daughters bathroom at school. Think on it.
    Yeah, that's fucked up dude.

Oh, you're kidding. Right, whooshy mcwhooshface.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Swaye said:

I don't see the problem.

Note to bored: This is likely to happen. With me. In your daughters bathroom at school. Think on it.
    Yeah, that's fucked up dude.

Oh, you're kidding. Right, whooshy mcwhooshface.
    who are YOU to judge???
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Yesterday I had to take a leak really super fucking bad and I was at a small coffee shop in Denver.

Much to my bladders dismay some old fucker walked into the men's bathroom. He was in there forever ... so I figured he died or shit himself.

Went into the ladies bathroom.

• Options
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Yesterday I had to take a leak really super fucking bad and I was at a small coffee shop in Denver.

Much to my bladders dismay some old fucker walked into the men's bathroom. He was in there forever ... so I figured he died or shit himself.

I know. I was in the ceiling watching you. Nice junk.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

hurtful
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The fuck is wrong with people?!?

Dicks are going to get shot off. Mark it down. In ink.

Weiser! True?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

hurtful
    I realize my mistake. I'm getting you flowers. Not nice ones from a store. I am stealing them out of someone's flower beds.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'm now too upset about this issue to be upset about Benghazi which was keeping me from being upset about Trumps racism which was keeping me from being upset about the emails which was keeping me from being upset about Trump's butler which was keeping from being upset about Caitlyn Jenner which was keeping me from being upset about the Muslie who fell out the window which was keeping fro thinking that Black Lives Matter which was keeping from being upset about about the armed jack boot thugs on the Portland State University police force.

I'm pretty upset

FREE PUB
  • Options

I don't see the problem.

You're one of my two favorite classy liberals, but wjw. There's a number of them:

- Kids are confused enough these days. If this was simply a "if you are out as a transgender you can use the other bathroom" that would be one thing, but there is so much "gender fluidity" in all this stuff and it will be impossible to regulate. If a 6 year old boy feels like a princess today does he go to the women's room but back to the men's room tomorrow when he feels like Peter Pan? If a pre pubescent teenage girl hates her body because she hasn't grown boobs yet and feels like a boy does she go to the men's room? Does she go back to the women's room when she sprouts boobs and feels like a girl again?

The back and forth stuff is going to be a natural result of this, and we'd all agree the majority of those kids going through that confusion aren't trans, they're just kids. But the more this is encouraged and embraced the more common it's going to become. We aren't doing those kids any favors by encouraging this.

- Set aside the morality of it, I have a big issue with the legality of it. This is not even something that is in the President's jurisdiction. The Constitution makes him Commander in Chief of the military so if he wanted to make this decree for all military institutions I'd still disagree with the decision but recognize his right to make it.

It does not give him any such control over American schools, nor does it give him authority to enact laws on his own. The Executive Branch's role is to enforce the law, not to create it. I do not believe the President (nor the DOJ nor DOE, which are part of the executive branch) have the authority to tell schools to do this.

If the US is going to go this route it should be done by legislative action through Congress, not Executive action.

- It also worries me greatly that this came totally out of nowhere. It hasn't been suggested, rumored, campaigned for, nothing. For someone who promised to run the most transparent administration in history it seems very clandestine and out of the blue. This either means a) President Obama has planned this for some time and kept it hidden from everyone or b) President Obama has made a quick, rash decision that will impact tens of millions of kids. I'm not comfortable with either of those scenarios.

I'm the conservative who has argued that President Obama should be the one to appoint the SCOTUS replacement for Justice Scalia and that he has the right to appoint who he wants for that position. That's something a President is elected to do. A president is not elected to be commander of public schools.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wake me when attack helicopters get their rights.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I don't see the problem.

You're one of my two favorite classy liberals, but wjw. There's a number of them:

- Kids are confused enough these days. If this was simply a "if you are out as a transgender you can use the other bathroom" that would be one thing, but there is so much "gender fluidity" in all this stuff and it will be impossible to regulate. If a 6 year old boy feels like a princess today does he go to the women's room but back to the men's room tomorrow when he feels like Peter Pan? If a pre pubescent teenage girl hates her body because she hasn't grown boobs yet and feels like a boy does she go to the men's room? Does she go back to the women's room when she sprouts boobs and feels like a girl again?

The back and forth stuff is going to be a natural result of this, and we'd all agree the majority of those kids going through that confusion aren't trans, they're just kids. But the more this is encouraged and embraced the more common it's going to become. We aren't doing those kids any favors by encouraging this.

- Set aside the morality of it, I have a big issue with the legality of it. This is not even something that is in the President's jurisdiction. The Constitution makes him Commander in Chief of the military so if he wanted to make this decree for all military institutions I'd still disagree with the decision but recognize his right to make it.

It does not give him any such control over American schools, nor does it give him authority to enact laws on his own. The Executive Branch's role is to enforce the law, not to create it. I do not believe the President (nor the DOJ nor DOE, which are part of the executive branch) have the authority to tell schools to do this.

If the US is going to go this route it should be done by legislative action through Congress, not Executive action.

- It also worries me greatly that this came totally out of nowhere. It hasn't been suggested, rumored, campaigned for, nothing. For someone who promised to run the most transparent administration in history it seems very clandestine and out of the blue. This either means a) President Obama has planned this for some time and kept it hidden from everyone or b) President Obama has made a quick, rash decision that will impact tens of millions of kids. I'm not comfortable with either of those scenarios.

I'm the conservative who has argued that President Obama should be the one to appoint the SCOTUS replacement for Justice Scalia and that he has the right to appoint who he wants for that position. That's something a President is elected to do. A president is not elected to be commander of public schools.
    I read it. I agree with all of it. I knew I loved you for a reason.

Next thought. I am a simpleton, so there is probably something I am not seeing here, but to me there is another simple argument being missed. What about the rights of the middle school girls who don't want a gender confused boy listening to them pee? I mean, don't the millions of "normal" girls who don't want adolescent Caitlyn in their toilet matter? Or does the one in a thousand trans middle schooler get rights over the hundreds of girls this might impact?

All these special interest groups want rights, and that's fine, but what about when it impacts on others rights? Giving a marriage license to a gay couple has fuckall to do with me. So IDGAF. But some truck driver dyke who has decided she is a man listening to me shit in the bathroom does.

That's all I have to say about this.