Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tedford likes to pound the rock...

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    BearsWiin said:

People forget that you used to have to beat Cal to win the Gold Medal

That ancient stadium was big for a reason.

Funny you should say that. I'm reading Boys in the Boat right now, and in the chapter I just finished, the UW crew beat Cal at the 1936 Olympic trials.

The California Memorial Stadium was built during Andy Smith's 48-0-4 run with the threepeat of NCs (1920-22), so, yeah.

But nobody's ever won at Cal
    Do you fondly remember watching Andy Smith's teams with your two dads?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    edited April 2016
    TheGlove said:

BearsWiin said:

But nobody's ever won at Cal since football began in 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MV3c7VEQxU

BearsWiin said:

People forget that you used to have to beat Cal to win the Gold Medal

That ancient stadium was big for a reason.

Funny you should say that. I'm reading Boys in the Boat right now, and in the chapter I just finished, the UW crew beat Cal at the 1936 Olympic trials.

The California Memorial Stadium was built during Andy Smith's 48-0-4 run with the threepeat of NCs (1920-22), so, yeah.

But nobody's ever won at Cal
    Do you fondly remember watching Andy Smith's teams with your two dads?
    Do you miss Washington, dammit?

Hear's to living in the passed
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    BearsWiin said:

TheGlove said:

BearsWiin said:

But nobody's ever won at Cal since football began in 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MV3c7VEQxU
    beat whOregon (lol), nothing else matters.
    I'd like to see Cal beat anybody of consequence.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

What do you think J? Tommy?

I think you like when the rock pounds you. ;)))))))))))))))
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Rodgers wasn't Rodgers until Tedfurd. And the white Michal Vick wasn't the white Michael Vick until Tedfurd

*Note: Ayoob now owns the world record for farthest paper airplane throw. I hear he credits Tedfurd for his success. (everything's true except the last part)
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Me likey. Oh, and he's great with qb's and the 3-5 step drop under center. All his qb's hold the ball up nice and high and next to the earhole, plus very adept at stepping up INTO the pocket and delivering with authority. Tedford's qb's always have great footwork too. Please say it's so. Aaron Rodgers wasnt Aaron R odgers till Herfurd got a hold of him.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers until Joe Philbin got ahold of him. But thanks for playing anyway.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The problem with Tedford is he's an over analytical piece of shit like the UW head coach has shown to be. Their playbooks have gotten more and more complex over the years.

I guess I would be somewhat happy at the thought of Smith being gone.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    BearsWiin said:

I'd like to see Cal beat anybody of consequence.

Sad to see how far Texas has fallen.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

The problem with Tedford is he's an over analytical piece of shit like the UW head coach has shown to be. Their playbooks have gotten more and more complex over the years.

So you prefer Sark or Ty.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

No. We prefer an actual winner. What the fuck did Tedford ever win?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Doogles said:

Longshore was pretty good until his ankle injuries turned him into a 6'5 statue. His backup JC all-American Ayoob was a Barton like bust and then he had a string of 4 star busts a la Sarkisian.

Tedford's decline was perplexing.

It was especially perplexing because Sark of all people ruined him. First Sark beat that ass 3 straight times (twice as a 7+ point dog). Then Sark took his good assistants. Then Sark beat that ass again and got him fired.

Cal was really the only team that was on par or better than UW that Sark beat outside those strange USC upsets.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BearsWiin said:

Tedford's first year he got the legend Kyle Boller to approach the hype, beat UW for the first time since the 70's and made Boller a top draft pick. Then he had Rodgers as well.

After that the QB position is what held Cal and Tedford back from building on those early years. They sucked

What do you think J? Tommy?

Uhhhh, he was the head coach at Cal race. Anybody ever won at CAL? Well my boy Bruce Snyder managed to build something on the 5 year plan,; but like Mike Price, every 5 years wont get you into the head coaches hall of fame.

Now this is higher discussion, lets see who wants to play. My guess is not many. Much funner playing world of warcraft and staying up late into the night, then wee hours in the morning on the WoW Chat rooms. (With an occasional visit to HH for a useless post or 2) Some might even start a thread about something chincredible. No wonder this place is hind-teat dependent. Scratching and clawing for a little of mommy's milk (mommy being puppy, milk being puppy's upvote)
    I know your being sarktastic, but many coaches have won at Cal. Cal had 20 HCs before 1956, and of those 20 HCs, only five had coaching records at Cal under .600. Of those five, four lasted only one year on the job. The fifth, Stub Allison, coached ten years and had a .578 record at Cal. Since 1956, the Bears have had only three of twelve HCs with a winning record at Cal: Mike White (.538), Bruce Snyder (.544 - which was both his record at Cal and overall), and Tedford (.590).

During the years of the PCC, Cal won or shared the conference title twelve times, the same number as USC. During the same time period, UW won or shared the title four times.
    SLITPPOTD!
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Thomas your 1st thread garnered 42 replies. you and Shane must have celebrated over shirley temple's and roy rogers till wee hours in the morn there sissy-britches

No. We prefer an actual winner. What the fuck did Tedford ever win?
    Hey dipshit, I was referring to Petersen. Try to keep up.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Good point ... the coaches should be less analytical and more of a just let the athletes play kind of coach ...

How's that working out for Romar?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Good point ... the coaches should be less analytical and more of a just let the athletes play kind of coach ...

How's that working out for Romar?
    That isn't what he is getting at. He's saying that you need to keep it simple sometimes and not out think yourself. How did it work out for Peterman and Sark?

You prefer little boys.
    And you cant come up with anything better than that. Makes it easy to see how you cant recognize what UW has in Petersen. Oh the less than intelligent (you) will quote his record at UW as proof. Unfortunately you are not smart enough to dig deeper into what he was left and the difference in cultures between he and 7. He didn't come in and do a remodel. He came in and tore that bitch down past the foundation and started rebuilding brick by brick. However you are one of the non conformist goth nerds that permeates this place. You spout your non conformity anti Petersen vile like it is truth just because you and others repeat it. Sorry Chubbs but you are wrong. Don't bother hopping aboard the Petersen/Browning bandwagon next year. Your ticket was lost in processing.

Puppy, where the F is that higher discussion board? Serious dialog is sorely missing around here. Most of you fucks might as well be Oregon or Wazzu fans.