Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LIFPO

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited September 2013

Going 0-fer in conference scares away top coaching candidates. I'm sure people were lining up for the Colorado job just like they did for UW in 04 and 08.

Rooting against Ty in 07 made total sense. He was going nowhere and Mora was there to be had.

Rooting against Sark now is FS. There is too much talent on this team and too weak of schedules for him to be fired. Suck up your shit and hope he leaves in a year or two.

In 2008 UW wasn't a great job. Now it could be sold as a top 5 job in the country.

Top coaches will always take a bigger paycheck. Woodward was too fucking cheap to offer said paycheck.

If you think tolerating mediocrity will solve anything, you deserve 0-13 next year and rape from a rusty conical cheese grater after every single one of those 13 losses.

When Derek had the post about expectations for 2013, almost everyone agreed 10-3 was a successful season. You guys are moving the goalposts, but in the opposite way of AuburnDawg.

10-3 would be acceptable. Not praiseworthy, but acceptable.

You need to learn the difference.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I was told that 2013 would be special. Its his fifth fucking year. 10-3 is a pipe dream anyway. You guys get the program you support as always.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam

I was told that 2013 would be special. 10-3 is a pipe dream

FLIPO
    10-3 isn't good enough either. Division championship is the minimum.

I was told that 2013 would be special. 10-3 is a pipe dream

FLIPO
    TSIO. 10-3 isn't happening.

Get all the screenshots you need.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    Twas a observation, not a query
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Going 0-fer in conference scares away top coaching candidates. I'm sure people were lining up for the Colorado job just like they did for UW in 04 and 08.

Rooting against Ty in 07 made total sense. He was going nowhere and Mora was there to be had.

Rooting against Sark now is FS. There is too much talent on this team and too weak of schedules for him to be fired. Suck up your shit and hope he leaves in a year or two.

In 2008 UW wasn't a great job. Now it could be sold as a top 5 job in the country.

Top coaches will always take a bigger paycheck. Woodward was too fucking cheap to offer said paycheck.

If you think tolerating mediocrity will solve anything, you deserve 0-13 next year and rape from a rusty conical cheese grater after every single one of those 13 losses.
    2009-2012 = mediocrity. 2013 = LIFPO.

If you can't see that then you should be anally raped by a cheese-grader wielding pack of silverback gorillas.

If you can't see that then you should be anally raped by a cheese-grader wielding pack of silverback gorillas.
    Except that your standard for this year is mediocrity

I think it's great that you expect Sark to be something he's not when he still acts like a bitch after winning a scrimmage 56-0.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    topdawgnc said:

I will believe we can beat a good (or even above average) team on the road when I see it, but this team has genuine talent. I think LIFPO is good advice. The season is over if you have idiotic expectations of a conference championship. It's not over if 9 wins is the goal.

Idiotic expectations of a conference championship?

Fucking Christ.

If 9 wins is your goal, you'll be happy with 7.

Fucking loser.

Oh yeah ... the no huddle looks great because the schedule was front loaded with Mother Mary's School of the Blind, and Father O'Leary's Homeless Orphans.

I wasn't happy with 7 wins the past two years, and if it were up to me, Sark would have been fired after last season. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. A 9-3 regular season with a bowl win would be a successful season. It won't make me believe Sark is a great coach, but it will make me intrigued for 2014. If that makes me a doog, then I guess I'm a doog.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    There is a lot of missing the forest for the trees in this thread, and even more hope springs eternal.

The issue with the LIFPO group is that they have missed that this is a repeat of 2007-2008. Over half this board is now in justification mode. DNC does make a good point that we 100 percent KNEW Ty was a shit Coach, whereas with Sark we can only be about 90-95 percent certain.

However, would you bet in Vegas at 5-10 percent odds? Fuck no. Odds are Sark is a mediocre Coach...HUGE odds. So sure, LIFPO all you want, and maybe Sark is the 5-10 percent and becomes the next Saban and we win 3 NC's by 2025. But, 90-95 percent says we muddle through lots of .500 seasons with the occasional 10-3 year thrown in to keep the Doogs coming back for their yearly beating (this time will be different).

I am seeing the exact same logic I saw on Doogfarm 6 years ago to bring us 0-12. Exact same. Again, DNC's point stands, that there is a chance (whereas with Ty there was literally NO CHANCE), but it is a VERY slight chance, so if you believe in statistics instead of miracles, firing this fucking loser NOW would be better for UW long term.

Note: I made up the 90-95 percent because it seems rather logical, but before any of you MathDoog majors jump those numbers, yes, they came from my ass. Fuck off.
    So you're saying we have a chance?
    edited September 2013

Yep.

Let me illustrate with causation and other shit I don't understand:

Also wondering why LIFPO got co-opted by the our new found Doogs on the board.

This board had 3 or 4 Doogs before 3-0. Now everyone has lost their fucking mind because we rolled a High School intramural squad.

So, what we *REALLY* had was about 5-6 HHBs, and 10-15 closet Doogs who are now spinning this shit like a record player. The 3 or 4 total Doogs remain. The non closeted Doogs should go guzzle a litre of kerosene and swallow a torch shaped like Woodward's dong. The closet Doogs who are now emerging from under their rocks should only have to whittle the wood to make the dick torches, and then watch the others roast. Serves as a good warning for what type of behaviour yields 0-12 and eternal mockery from the Football Gods (and Coogs).

I thought this board was a safe haven from Doogfarm, and yet here we are, with 1 decent and 2 shitty wins and it starts. It's like everyone forgot 26-25. Fuck. Wake me when we win the North, otherwise Sark and his newfound Army of Retards need to GTFO.
    Swaye said:

Yep.

This board had 3 or 4 Doogs before 3-0. Now everyone has lost their fucking mind because we rolled a High School intramural squad.

So, what we *REALLY* had was about 5-6 HHBs, and 10-15 closet Doogs who are now spinning this shit like a record player. The 3 or 4 total Doogs remain. The non closeted Doogs should go guzzle a litre of kerosene and swallow a torch shaped like Woodward's dong. The closet Doogs who are now emerging from under their rocks should only have to whittle the wood to make the dick torches, and then watch the others roast. Serves as a good warning for what type of behaviour yields 0-12 and eternal mockery from the Football Gods (and Coogs).

I thought this board was a safe haven from Doogfarm, and yet here we are, with 1 decent and 2 shitty wins and it starts. It's like everyone forgot 26-25. Fuck. Wake me when we win the North, otherwise Sark and his newfound Army of Retards need to GTFO.
    Jesus Christ. Save yourself some time, Tequilla, and let things fucking play out.

Swaye said:

Yep.

Jesus Christ. Save yourself some time, Tequilla, and let things fucking play out.

That would hurt, if it wasn't coming from the Doog in Chief.
    edited September 2013
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Yep.

Doog in chief? Check the facts you drippy cunt

Ive been saying for months I expect 10 wins, minimum. I have said this is a conference championship caliber team, barring shit-tier coaching, play calling in particular.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/2076/on-paper-this-team-should-win-the-pac-12/p1

As of now, we are 3-0 with the meat of our schedule coming in the next month. Sark needs to go 2-2 minimum over the next 4 games to have any chance of salvaging the season. I'm going to LIFPO and hope they win every fucking game.

Plunger rapes are unacceptable. If Oregon or Stanford win by double digits I want his ass fired at midfield.

11-2 is entirely possible, 10-3 minimum. Anything less and diaf.

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Yep.

Doog in chief? Check the facts you drippy cunt

Ive been saying for months I expect 10 wins, minimum. I have said this is a conference championship caliber team, barring shit-tier coaching, play calling in particular.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/2076/on-paper-this-team-should-win-the-pac-12/p1

As of now, we are 3-0 with the meat of our schedule coming in the next month. Sark needs to go 2-2 minimum over the next 4 games to have any chance of salvaging the season. I'm going to LIFPO and hope they win every fucking game.
    Plunger rapes are unacceptable. If Oregon or Stanford win by double digits I want his ass fired at midfield.

11-2 is entirely possible, 10-3 minimum. Anything less and diaf.
    Jesus Christ Tequilla, less novel more funny. Fuck.

While I hope you get run over by a bus and die after months in traction, I do agree with the bolded parts. So good work there. Clean the rest up.

I hope they win every game too. Been a fan too long to not want to see us win, but unless a miracle happens we are just prolonging the inevitable. If you can't see that I can't help you.

p.s. My cunt does not drip, it squirts. Get it straight. Warned. Etc.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2013
    We very well could start out 4-0, lose three straight after that and go 7-6. We aren't going to fire Sark until after the season, so LIFPO. Nobody here seems like a doogman doog who is fine with 7-6 and says shit about incremental progress, or uses 0-12 to argue why Sark is a good coach, etc.

There are fans here who say, "Fuck it, we look pretty good so far, let's see what the fuck happens." Nothing has changed regarding expectations for Sark. 9 wins and maybe, just maybe he should keep his job provided we are competitive in every game. If it's 9 wins with some plungers, door.ass.out. 10 wins is good job you chubby bastard, you have most of your team returning, I expect a BCS bowl in 2014.

Whether Woodward and UW will fire him if he doesn't meet expectations is a totally different story.