Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LIFPO

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The fifth year is going to be different than the first four years because?

Look, im not a sark supporter by any means...but sometimes, people do indeed get better at their fucking jobs. Maybe Sark has improved, maybe he hasn't. Until we play Az, uo, stan, and asu we dont know for sure.

So stop repeating "the season is over" ad nauseum and just let it fucking play out.
    This same mindset brought us the 2008 season.

Why don't people ever learn?
    Newsflash Sherlock, unless your a $5m+ donor, your/my fucking opinion does not matter.

Now with the TV money and the new stadium, "normal" season ticket sales are becoming less important.

But keep fighting the good fight.

In other words, LIFPO or Leave.
    That smack was more relevant in November 2007.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Look, im not a sark supporter by any means...but sometimes, people do indeed get better at their fucking jobs. Maybe Sark has improved, maybe he hasn't. Until we play Az, uo, stan, and asu we dont know for sure.

So stop repeating "the season is over" ad nauseum and just let it fucking play out.

Newsflash Sherlock, unless your a $5m+ donor, your/my fucking opinion does not matter.

Now with the TV money and the new stadium, "normal" season ticket sales are becoming less important.

But keep fighting the good fight.

In other words, LIFPO or Leave.
    That smack was more relevant in November 2007.
    No smack intended.

Just a reality check.

Apples to oranges.

Sark still has a pulse, Ty had gone from life support to flatline in 2007.

Nice try though
    Ty had proven he was subpar in three years, but everyone hoped he could rebound so we gave him one more season even though we knew better.

Sark has proven he is average after four years, but everyone hopes he can rebound now.

The mindset problem is about hope instead of logic.

Sark has proven he's not good enough if you want Washington to be WASHINGTON again, dammit. Going 8-5 or 9-4 this year doesn't change anything. He'll still be Chan Gailey Junior.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Apples to oranges.

Nice try though
    Ty had proven he was subpar in three years, but everyone hoped he could rebound so we gave him one more season even though we knew better.

Sark has proven he is average after four years, but everyone hopes he can rebound now.

Sark has proven he's not good enough if you want Washington to be WASHINGTON again, dammit. Going 8-5 or 9-4 this year doesn't change anything. He'll still be Chan Gailey Junior.
    Everyone? Only the doogiest of fucktarded doogs hoped or thought it would be any different.

Apples to oranges.

Nice try though

Everyone? Only the doogiest of fucktarded doogs hoped or thought it would be any different.

That's what "everyone" means on this message bored.

Sorry I didn't make that more obvious.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    If hoping for a conference championship is idiotic in year 5 then the season is over and Sark needs to be fired today. If 9-4 is your goal you need the 0-9 conference season that is still alive
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    edited September 2013

I will believe we can beat a good (or even above average) team on the road when I see it, but this team has genuine talent. I think LIFPO is good advice. The season is over if you have idiotic expectations of a conference championship. It's not over if 9 wins is the goal.

Idiotic expectations of a conference championship?

Fucking Christ.

If 9 wins is your goal, you'll be happy with 7.

Fucking loser.

Oh yeah ... the no huddle looks great because the schedule was front loaded with Mother Mary's School of the Blind, and Father O'Leary's Homeless Orphans.

I feel similarly. Sark is far from a great coach, but the no huddle looks great so far, he finally has a good run/pass ratio, and we have more playmakers than any other Sark team. As average as our OL is, it is better than any other OL we have had under Sark, and the scheme does help mask their weaknesses. I'm a Wilcox fan, and even if we aren't great on defense, we will be above average. This isn't 2011 with Nick Holt as our DC.

I will believe we can beat a good (or even above average) team on the road when I see it, but this team has genuine talent. I think LIFPO is good advice. The season is over if you have idiotic expectations of a conference championship. It's not over if 9 wins is the goal.

9 wins = the season is over.

Chan Gailey won 9 games in his fifth season.

Oregon State, Vandy, and Texas won 9 games last year.

9-4 is mediocre now.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If hoping for a conference championship is idiotic in year 5 then the season is over and Sark needs to be fired today. If 9-4 is your goal you need the 0-9 conference season that is still alive

Did you expect a conference championship before the season? If you did, then yes you are an idiot. I know you didn't predict a championship and aren't an idiot, so why is that so hard to understand? I agree with you, Sark has not gotten the job done so far. I don't know how many times everyone has to repeat that. Except for maybe one or two people on this board, everyone feels that way.

9-3 should be the goal with the bowl game there for the 10th win. 10-3 would be a successful season. If he does that, he should keep his job and get a shot at winning a conference championship in 2014.

Did you expect a conference championship before the season? If you did, then yes you are an idiot. I know you didn't predict a championship and aren't an idiot, so why is that so hard to understand? I agree with you, Sark has not gotten the job done so far. I don't know how many times everyone has to repeat that. Except for maybe one or two people on this board, everyone feels that way.

9-3 should be the goal with the bowl game there for the 10th win. 10-3 would be a successful season. If he does that, he should keep his job and get a shot at winning a conference championship in 2014.

New QB + Oregon and four other Pac-12 opponents on the road in 2014 = No fucking way Sark wins the conference championship in 2014.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    10-3 is worthless bc its not a conference championship or bcs bowl. Although it would raise the entire expectations of the program and put pressure on the head coach in 2014, its better to lose 9 in a row, dismantle the entire staff and have a bunch of top notch coaches laugh in your face when offered.
    As always, fire him now and avoid the rush later. It doesn't matter when we didn't expect a conference championship in year 5 it just matters that we didn't. If its idiotic then it is even more idiotic to give the shit head another year

You'd think after 10 or 11 years this would be obvious
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

New QB + Oregon and four other Pac-12 opponents on the road in 2014 = No fucking way Sark wins the conference championship in 2014.

Wilcox could be gone too ...

Not saying he will be, but what if OSU job opens up? Or he gets picked up at a bigger school like Nussmeier did.
    The old nobody would coach here doogism

lather etc
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    You are a doog. Enough said. Sark sucks, and you're too fucking stupid to understand it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

You are a doog. Enough said. Sark sucks, and you're too fucking stupid to understand it.

Whiff
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Going 0-fer in conference scares away top coaching candidates. I'm sure people were lining up for the Colorado job just like they did for UW in 04 and 08.

Rooting against Ty in 07 made total sense. He was going nowhere and Mora was there to be had.

Rooting against Sark now is FS. There is too much talent on this team and too weak of schedules for him to be fired. Suck up your shit and hope he leaves in a year or two.

In 2008 UW wasn't a great job. Now it could be sold as a top 5 job in the country.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Apples to oranges.

Nice try though

Major difference here is that Ty had proven he was average in ten years before he ever set foot next to the goose shit infested lake. By the end of year 3 at UW he was 13 years into mediocritizing. He could have gone 12-0 in 2008 and there would have been no need to LIFPO.

Sark is starting his 5th year as a head coach. After 3 UW years I knew Ty was mediocre. After 4 UW years I think Sark is mediocre. It's possible for Sark to change that calculus, though certainly unlikely.

I would have been all for firing him after last season. I'll probably be all for firing him after this season. But there's no good reason to fire him before the season ends, so I'll happily LIFPO and see if he might be better than I expect.
    this.

Fucking el oh el @goose shit infested lake