Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just Passing Along What I'm Hearing (NERD EDITION)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At least nobody can say the metrics or Vegas only predicted 5 wins. Dumbest argument of all time. Sark hit most of the Vegas expectations as well when he was at UW.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Oh shit. Rose bowl and nattys.....
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

I always found it interesting how metrics said we had a GREAT defense last year. Well, we still went 7-6 so that right there is an argument that the coach sucks and isn't who we thought.

If you are holding teams to 18-19 points a game in today's world of college football, you are going to win a lot of football games.

We lost a number of close games last year due to youth on offense, lack of outside playmakers on offense, and Smith sucking for large portions of the season.

The defense wasn't the problem.
    We had a good defense last year. I've admitted it. Not great. Good. I started trolling Chest and a few others last year when they told me that advanced metrics said our defense was GREAT after we lost at home to Cal.

The point is that if you can't do better than 4-5 in conference with that defense, you might have the wrong coach.
    With all due respect, you're way off base here in your conclusions
    Things people say if they didn't have a logical counterargument.
    You are confusing me being nice with not having a sound counterargument ...

I don't feel like going into a TL, DR taking the gloves off type of response to how idiotic your position is ...

And I didn't really feel like going down the road of saying that based on your "experience" that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about ...

Happy now?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016
    I don't know why you would take the gloves off either, considering that the record so far supports my pessimism. By all means, let it play out. But I'm right. The point is Pete hasn't done dick here and he needs to.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Damn. Can't lie, I'm surprised.

I'm not surprised that you're surprised since you are the ultimate nega doog.

You have to be carrying a lot of scar tissue and pessimism to not see where this team has a chance to be really good next year.
    You over inflate the team every single year. I'll stand by my 8-4 prediction.

I see why the team could be good. I like a lot of the players. I also see how we could be a metrics darling.
    We have to win big games before we're anything more than one of the best 3-4 loss teams in the country.

That being said, because I've seen the parallels with TCU, before the 2014 season I stated (before anybody was even thinking of this) that if TCU got competent QB play that they had a really good chance to win the Big 12. Before last year, before the season even started, I said that the one game that scared the shit out of me on the schedule was the game at Oklahoma State.

I've said that I'd be really surprised if this team finished 9-3 or worse this year barring a major injury. I'm not going to say that everybody should be fired if that happens because there's a lot of different ways that you can end up at that record. Before the season last year if you told me that TCU would be 10-2 and playing in the Alamo Bowl I would have said that would have been a pretty bad year. Then you start factoring in all the injuries, etc. and at the end of the year I was probably more encouraged about the direction of the program going forward than at any other time.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    8-4. Unless something really weird happens.
  • Options

8-4. Unless something really weird happens.

Shit prediction. Shit poster
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Well Pete cant coach, he's a WAC coach ,and UW is medoicre so dont get too excited... right nerds?.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I always found it interesting how metrics said we had a GREAT defense last year. Well, we still went 7-6 so that right there is an argument that the coach sucks and isn't who we thought.

I'm staying pessimistic because Pete hasn't accomplished anything yet and it's the way he lost some of those games. Not encouraging, but I'm not saying he should be gone yet. I'll give him this year, but he better win the division.

The division or at least 7-2 are fair expectations. Like Puppy, I do believe there's a good likelihood of these things happening. Like a lot of you noids, I have the dread of the last 12 yrs in the back of my head.
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

If you are holding teams to 18-19 points a game in today's world of college football, you are going to win a lot of football games.

We lost a number of close games last year due to youth on offense, lack of outside playmakers on offense, and Smith sucking for large portions of the season.

Cal scored 30
    Oregon scored 26
    Stanford scored 31
    Utah scored 34
    Fucking USM scored 31

Shutting down shitty teams to lower the average isn't that impressive.

And yes, I know some of those points are on the offense.
    Offense fucked the defense against Cal so we lost

Oregon hit a number of chuck and duck plays against us ... otherwise we controlled a large portion of the game but we still lost anyways

Stanford got that total on us with a backup QB starting for us that couldn't move the football and we lost

Utah may have been the one game where I think you can look back and say that the defense wasn't very good and we lost that game too

There were a number of injury issues in the secondary of the Fried Oreo bowl ... I take that game with a Salt lick
    Ftfy

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

We had a good defense last year. I've admitted it. Not great. Good. I started trolling Chest and a few others last year when they told me that advanced metrics said our defense was GREAT after we lost at home to Cal.

The point is that if you can't do better than 4-5 in conference with that defense, you might have the wrong coach.

I don't feel like going into a TL, DR taking the gloves off type of response to how idiotic your position is ...

And I didn't really feel like going down the road of saying that based on your "experience" that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about ...

Happy now?
    A.K.A. When you're a real forecaster like myself or Sam Hinkie, you just tend to see things that the rest of the rabble doesn't. You can look beneath the surface of getting fucking embarrassed by faggot Pac 12 teams and see the improvement and process playing out.

Happy now?
    Has anyone seen Tequilla and Hinkie in the same room?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Happy now?
    A.K.A. When you're a real forecaster like myself or Sam Hinkie, you just tend to see things that the rest of the rabble doesn't. You can look beneath the surface of getting fucking embarrassed by faggot Pac 12 teams and see the improvement and process playing out.

Happy now?
    Has anyone seen Tequilla and Hinkie in the same room?
    Tequilla's pretty anti hoops metrics
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016

Well Pete cant coach, he's a WAC coach ,and UW is medoicre so dont get too excited... right nerds?.

You are the leading proponent of UW sucking for at least 2 more years so I guess you agree with the above assessment.

Yeah but not next year. We never suck next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here is the deal. WE have the talent to win this year, no question. But because I am a Husky fan I will not believe it until I actually see tangible evidence that WE are there.

And I am saying that as one of the leading offseason natty doogs on this site.

And if WE can't win with our talent, there should be some heads rolling.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla needs to take a walk with the wife to Fort Worth to get some perspective.

Then stay there.