Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just Passing Along What I'm Hearing (NERD EDITION)

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

FPI is shit and you're all fags

If you notice the tag, I specifically said, "Bitch don't kill my vibe".... ASSHOLE
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

FPI is shit and you're all fags

If you notice the tag, I specifically said, "Bitch don't kill my vibe".... ASSHOLE
    Tags are for fags " ;) "
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    PurpleJ said:

I always found it interesting how metrics said we had a GREAT defense last year. Well, we still went 7-6 so that right there is an argument that the coach sucks and isn't who we thought.

If you are holding teams to 18-19 points a game in today's world of college football, you are going to win a lot of football games.

We lost a number of close games last year due to youth on offense, lack of outside playmakers on offense, and Smith sucking for large portions of the season.

The defense wasn't the problem.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Damn. Can't lie, I'm surprised.

I'm not surprised that you're surprised since you are the ultimate nega doog.

You have to be carrying a lot of scar tissue and pessimism to not see where this team has a chance to be really good next year.
    If you're not carrying a lot of scar tissue at this point you either a) haven't been a UW fan for the past 15 years or b) you're too stupid to realize how this program has been raped year after year by it's own malicious administrative incompetence.

I agree there are some reasons to be optimistic. But we suck until we don't. Right now we suck.
    Or c) I'm looking at this objectively and see the pieces in place.

I said going back to last year that I saw a lot of similarities between 2012-2013 TCU and 2014-2015 UW.

I expect a very sizable breakout in the 2016 season.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I'm calling 8-5 (4-5). PROVE me wrong.

LIPO ... you'll be proven wrong barring a major injury to Browning.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

I always found it interesting how metrics said we had a GREAT defense last year. Well, we still went 7-6 so that right there is an argument that the coach sucks and isn't who we thought.

If you are holding teams to 18-19 points a game in today's world of college football, you are going to win a lot of football games.

We lost a number of close games last year due to youth on offense, lack of outside playmakers on offense, and Smith sucking for large portions of the season.

We had a good defense last year. I've admitted it. Not great. Good. I started trolling Chest and a few others last year when they told me that advanced metrics said our defense was GREAT after we lost at home to Cal.

The point is that if you can't do better than 4-5 in conference with that defense, you might have the wrong coach.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

You have to be carrying a lot of scar tissue and pessimism to not see where this team has a chance to be really good next year.
    If you're not carrying a lot of scar tissue at this point you either a) haven't been a UW fan for the past 15 years or b) you're too stupid to realize how this program has been raped year after year by it's own malicious administrative incompetence.

I agree there are some reasons to be optimistic. But we suck until we don't. Right now we suck.
    Or c) I'm looking at this objectively and see the pieces in place.

I said going back to last year that I saw a lot of similarities between 2012-2013 TCU and 2014-2015 UW.

I expect a very sizable breakout in the 2016 season.
    I hope you're right. You may well be. But if you're not carrying a lot of scar tissue I just don't understand how.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm calling 8-5 (4-5). PROVE me wrong.

LIPO ... you'll be proven wrong barring a major injury to Browning.
    Okay. I hope they prove me wrong. It will be interesting either way. That's why we play the games.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

We had a good defense last year. I've admitted it. Not great. Good. I started trolling Chest and a few others last year when they told me that advanced metrics said our defense was GREAT after we lost at home to Cal.

The point is that if you can't do better than 4-5 in conference with that defense, you might have the wrong coach.
    Mostly. You actually started trolling at halftime in the Cal game thread response to everyone who said how lucky we were that our defense showed up in the first half since our offense tried to put us down by 50.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Mostly. You actually started trolling at halftime in the Cal game thread response to everyone who said how lucky we were that our defense showed up in the first half since our offense tried to put us down by 50.
    Yeah, but still. Down at half to Cal, I didn't want to hear that shit. Everyone was blaming Smith that day, but it was cool because Pete did a great job with the defense. It was the coordinator where we failed and the coach where we succeeded. Metrics pointing up.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2016
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

I think you're forgetting how young these Huskies are.

And how they inevitably shit the bed when any expectations of contention are raised.
    When has that happened in the last 15 years?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wait...so we're playing 12.4 games this season?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

With all due respect, you're way off base here in your conclusions
  • Options

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Cal scored 30
    Oregon scored 26
    Stanford scored 31
    Utah scored 34
    Fucking USM scored 31

Shutting down shitty teams to lower the average isn't that impressive.

And yes, I know some of those points are on the offense.
    Offense fucked the defense against Cal

Oregon hit a number of chuck and duck plays against us ... otherwise we controlled a large portion of the game

Stanford got that total on us with a backup QB starting for us that couldn't move the football

Utah may have been the one game where I think you can look back and say that the defense wasn't very good

There were a number of injury issues in the secondary of the Fried Oreo bowl ... I take that game with a bit of a grain of salt
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    the O performance against cal was more of a disgrace than anything i've seen in 5+ years. very proud of our* D holding as best they could despite being given a short field against a good college qb about 700 times. fuck that game. come to think of it, fuck this staff except kawasaki
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

With all due respect, you're way off base here in your conclusions
    Things people say if they didn't have a logical counterargument.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

the O performance against cal was more of a disgrace than anything i've seen in 5+ years. very proud of our* D holding as best they could despite being given a short field against a good college qb about 700 times. fuck that game. come to think of it, fuck this staff except kawasaki

and Lake
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Your forgetting that Cal's defense was dominate last year