Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Masters Gamethread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

To say that Spieth's career is over because of the Masters and specifically the 12th hole is FS ... he has been struggling for the better part of the year while still putting up solid results. He put together 1 good round at the Masters and put enough band aids on his game to carry him through the next 2.5 rounds, including a H2H victory in Round 3 over Rory, before all hell broke loose. His career record at the Masters is a win and 2 seconds. His putting makes him a definite horse for the course. He will win at least 5 more majors in his career and I'd be really surprised if he didn't get to at least 4 Masters. And to also say that he has no appeal to the general public is also foolosh ...

Jason Day is not only a great player but a great story ... you could see his potential going back to 2011-2012. Really look forward to see what he has going forward.

Rory needs to dedicate himself to break into the Day/Spieth level. He has the ability but something is missing right now.

As for Tiger, he isn't getting to 18. But I also think it is premature to say that he will never win another major.

I'm not surprised that you are handing Spieth a moral victory. All the bull shit about his swing is bull shit. Like Tiger, he wins with his putter. His swing has never been great.

He had a fucking 5 shot lead heading into the back nine on Sunday and 3 holes and 45 minutes later had gagged 7 shots and trailed by 4. There is no spin on that - that will always leave a mark.

He'll contend and win some but not very many if any majors. His aura is dead and gone at 22. Now he looks like a jumpy little fuck who won't shut up with his caddie and pull the fucking trigger. That is only going to get worse.

Laying the sod on his penalty shot from the wrong location is a huge mental error. And he's supposed to be so smart. I mean, he's white and shit
    He's gonna win more majors.

COOK IT.
    I like the field in this one
    I'll take that bet.
    I listened to some of the 2008 Podcast today, If that is indicative Of Race's prognostication skills.... I want in double.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I clearly wrote that he may win another major or 2 but that's it. 6 is a pipe dream. I'll go full Mello on that one
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Who is crowning him with a moral victory?

He's been fighting his swing for most of the Spring. He's definitely over-extended himself over the offseason (hard to blame him for the blatant money grabs) that come with the success he's had. But it's definitely impacted his game. I'm sure as things become more normal he'll get closer to normal again.

But the reality is that he was hitting a ton of bad shots all week and getting bailed out of it with his putter. It finally caught up with him where he hit some shots where he couldn't afford to him them.

If you recall 2 years ago, in a similar situation on Sunday, Spieth shot for the flag on 12 and put it into the water. He knew the smart play was to go to the center of the green and agreed with his caddy on the play. He changed his mind standing over the ball and paid dearly for it. For as cool and reasoned as he is, he fucked up obviously with his drop and execution of his 3rd shot. Shit happens. Happens to just about everybody that has ever played golf. It happened to Phil on the 18th hole ... pretty sure Phil's been just fine after that and has won/contended in a number of majors. If anything, Spieth will learn from this and be better in the future. If anything, for the first time, Spieth showed his real age on the course realizing that he had Willet chasing him from behind, knew he was playing with a real shady game at the moment, and decided that he needed to press the issue instead of playing his game. He paid dearly for it. Lesson learned.

I'd go as far as saying that I'd be shocked if Spieth didn't win one of the remaining 3 majors, Players, or Olympics.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Flagged for implying that the Players and Olympics matter
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Arguments over golf are sort of like fucking your sister.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

Arguments over golf are sort of like fucking your sister.

Need pics of your sister to confirm.