Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wtf? I thought voter ID was about voter fraud

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
Hondo was wrong again.

Asked about how Ted Cruz or Donald Trump could win Wisconsin in the general election, Grothman said, "I think Hillary Clinton is about the weakest candidate the Democrats have ever put up. And now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well."

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/6/11377078/voter-id-republicans-grothman

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    #whyhondocameback
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Maybe he's right and the Ds benefit from voter fraud more than the Rs? Ever think of that? You have a weird habit of making someone else's argument for them with your retard logic.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    PurpleJ said:

Maybe he's right and the Ds benefit from voter fraud more than the Rs? Ever think of that? You have a weird habit of making someone else's argument for them with your retard logic.

You need to dig deeper.

PurpleJ said:

You need to dig deeper.
    They can't afford ID?
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    How many Americans vote as it is? 25%?

Registration should just be part of your tax return: automatic and compulsory. It's just that the GOP recognizes that their vote share in inversely related to turnout, and so they support anything that suppresses the vote. It's soft discrimination, not hard, but it's still a factor in disenfranchising people.

If you're confident in your political argument then it shouldn't matter how many people vote.

Registration should just be part of your tax return: automatic and compulsory. It's just that the GOP recognizes that their vote share in inversely related to turnout, and so they support anything that suppresses the vote. It's soft discrimination, not hard, but it's still a factor in disenfranchising people.

If you're confident in your political argument then it shouldn't matter how many people vote.

Tammany and I shared a good laugh over this one. Maybe registration should be mandatory, but some people don't like being put on lists. You act as if there isn't a history of shady voting practices on both sides. Aren't the Dems suppressing Sanders voters right now? The fact of the matter is that the election system is fucked on both sides.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    PurpleJ said:

Tammany and I shared a good laugh over this one. Maybe registration should be mandatory, but some people don't like being put on lists. You act as if there isn't a history of shady voting practices on both sides. Aren't the Dems suppressing Sanders voters right now? The fact of the matter is that the election system is fucked on both sides.
    Stop living in the past.

PurpleJ said:

Stop living in the past.
    So how about the DNC rigging it now?
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Stop living in the past.
    Agree it's happening on both sides, and is not a partisan issue (at least it shouldn't be).

Although GOP Governors gerrymander like nobodies business. But I digress...

It all boils down to those in power doing what it takes to hold power. And since good ideas are too much work for these whores, they quietly change the rules to prevent being challenged. At this point they don't even try to hide it, because they know people can't or won't do a damn thing about it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,736 Founders Club
    It should be harder to vote. Not financially but if you are too stupid or lazy to make an effort to vote then fuck you.

Why not just have everyone who isn't registered to vote marked down as a D vote and be done with it?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

It should be harder to vote. Not financially but if you are too stupid or lazy to make an effort to vote then fuck you.

Why not just have everyone who isn't registered to vote marked down as a D vote and be done with it?

Race, protecting the Constitution as always.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Stop living in the past.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

My Wikipedia research says between 50-60% have voted the past three elections. It seems high though.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My Wikipedia research says between 50-60% have voted the past three elections. It seems high though.
    That's probably of registered voters, no?
    2001400ex said:

Stupid even for you

It's not about getting more D votes. It's not about being lazy voters.

The lazy ones are the people that close over half of the polling locations in their county, creating 5+ hour lines to vote. And provisional ballots not being counted, despite Independents correctly filling out their paperwork, just because they're not registered democrats (aka Bernie voters).

I don't know about you Race, but my time is too valuable to spend 1 hour, much less 5 in line to vote.

The lazy ones are the people that close over half of the polling locations in their county, creating 5+ hour lines to vote. And provisional ballots not being counted, despite Independents correctly filling out their paperwork, just because they're not registered democrats (aka Bernie voters).

I don't know about you Race, but my time is too valuable to spend 1 hour, much less 5 in line to vote.

My ballot is mailed to me.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Stupid even for you
    Read the Constitution fuckstick.
    edited April 2016

My ballot is mailed to me.
    So is mine.

But we can't all be winners.

Someone has to live in Arizona.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,285 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Heck Ted Kennedy is now eligible to vote in Chicago. I think there is more voter fraud than we realize. ID to vote should be mandatory it's not discriminatory in any way. You need ID for everything else.