Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This must make you sooooo proud
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good. Time to begin reversing all the damage done by these horrible drug laws.
    A lot of them which were supported and implemented by hillary's "husband."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Anyone who thinks a non-violent drug user should be spending decades in prison deserves a ten-foot pole up their ass.

Users, totally agree. But it doesn't say users, it says offenders, which I assume hypothetically includes dealers and/or smugglers. In that case it probably depends on the amount and nature of what they were dealing. If you're smuggling/dealing coke or heroine at a high level it's pretty likely you've been involved in some violence, even if all they can pin on you is the dealing.

But yes, if someone is sentenced to thirty years for using/possessing (or even petty possession with intent to distribute) then those sentences are counter productive.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,831
    Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.

I thought you liked to save tax money. How much of your tax money goes to support incarcerated criminals?

Assuming you actually pay taxes. I'd guess you just like to bitch about how other people's tax money is spent.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking christ. Anyone who thinks drugs should be illegal is a fuckwad.

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of countries, sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach and bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

Other than that, the war on drugs has been a success!

Someone has to pay the bills. Mexico and the US and other countries would be bankrupt without the drug trade.

Same as it ever was. I fought in the opium wars
  • Options

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

Other than that, the war on drugs has been a huge success!

It's hard to argue with this, the results of the drug war have been awful. I'm fine with the legalize weed movement. Do we really think legalizing heroine and meth makes us a better place to live? Legitimate question.
  • Options

dnc said:

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

It's hard to argue with this, the results of the drug war have been awful. I'm fine with the legalize weed movement. Do we really think legalizing heroine and meth makes us a better place to live? Legitimate question.
    Legalize and replace police with doctors to treat users. Cheaper and proven to work.

It's a health issue, not a crime issue. The crime derives from the prohibition, not the product itself.

Just ask Portugal.
    If I like my doctor who treats my heroine addiction, can I keep him?

Sarcasam aside, I'm intrigued. Definitely can't argue that the current system has worked.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    England has given free methadone for decades. Maybe the real stuff too. Not sure.

To my down voters I was pointing out why drugs are illegal, not agreeing. Some of you need to learn the difference.

It's always about the money
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Legalize and replace police with doctors to treat users. Cheaper and proven to work.

It's a health issue, not a crime issue. The crime derives from the prohibition, not the product itself.

Just ask Portugal.
    If I like my doctor who treats my heroine addiction, can I keep him?

Sarcasam aside, I'm intrigued. Definitely can't argue that the current system has worked.
    The current system is a sham. Issues like this are a perfect example of why money needs to be taken out of politics. But the private prison and pharmaceutical lobby is strong.

Illegal drugs fuel drug cartels and street gangs, 2 big sources of crime in America (and Mexico, which spills across the border). Even terrorist orgs sell drugs. And the US is the #1 customer world wide.

People talk about taking out the oil fields ISIS uses to fund their regime. We should do the same in the "war" on drugs. But instead of cutting off their revenue source, we are going after the users and low level dealers, which would be like blowing up gas stations and cars using oil already sold by ISIS.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

It is legal in Seattle, for all intents and purposes. And it's largely responsible for turning the city into a shit hole.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    All we're talking about is trading drug lords for corporate overlords. Choose which you prefer. I really don't care. But "saving the taxpayers money" is the oldest line of bullshit in the English language. It will find it's way out of your pockets and into the pockets of the most powerful and influential, regardless.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

All we're talking about is trading drug lords for corporate overlords. Choose which you prefer. I really don't care. But "saving the taxpayers money" is the oldest line of bullshit in the English language. It will find it's way out of your pockets and into the pockets of the most powerful and influential, regardless.

Nobody is saying drugs will be free, but if we are no longer spending a shit ton on enforcing prohibition and combating the criminal element that arises around it, then yes, that will save a shit ton of tax payer money.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Portugal's had a lot of success legalizing everything. Because it turns out that most of the negative shit that happens from drugs is collateral damage. Punishing people for selling drugs is also retarded. That's why those stupid fucks in the 70s started calling them 'pushers' because they wanted to create the impression that they are somehow forcing people to take drugs. What a crock of shit.

Drugs sell themselves. A fucking vending machine would be a more effective heroin sales device than any currently functioning heroin dealer.

Not only is the war on drugs stupid: if I want to do heroin, get fat, play video games, fuck prostitutes or study for exams, who gives a flying fuck?

It destabilizes our own country: org crime wasn't shit until alcohol prohibition.

Either we have to have draconian/Singaporean measures against drugs (everyone caught with them summarily executed) or we need to just fucking legalize it and allow anyone who has a problem to go to a doctor for help.

The 'war on drugs' is FS beyond belief. And @TurdBuffer lives up to his name... trade corporate overlords for drug cartels... uh, yeah, you dipshit. I prefer to live in societies where those who control them have an incentive to create peace and order, rather than chaos and destruction, but that's just me (and everyone else).

The only argument for the war on drugs is that 'drugs is bad' - because every other piece of fucking evidence is that it is a total fucking nightmare that has given the stupidest pieces of shit on the planet (police officers) military weapons to fight against the most desperate fuckers on the planet (drug addicts). What could go wrong?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

It certainly would be a painful transition to legalize the hard drugs. However the $$$ spent to house user convicts would certainly be better spent on rehab facilities. In order for it to work, you would have to make a push and offer scholarship $$$ for more people to get degrees that would allow the rehab facilities to be staffed at needed levels and also make that career path attractive. It certainly would be better in the long run to head in that direction whether than continue to feed what may be our one of our biggest growth industry in Corrections, public or private..