Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obama releases 61 felons from prison

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.

I thought you liked to save tax money. How much of your tax money goes to support incarcerated criminals?

Assuming you actually pay taxes. I'd guess you just like to bitch about how other people's tax money is spent.
    Let me know when you've written a six figure check on top of what was deducted to the wonderful US tax system. I pay. Some f'ing ghetto should probably have a plaque saying "your welfare paid by Sledog" Having people that cause as many deaths as these people do in jail is important. But then they just kill those poor downtrodden souls you have so much love for and wish to lift with Bernieism, so guessing your good with it.

How many of these fine citizens being released shall we move in with you or next door to you?

I'm guessing zero but it might save you bus money when you score.

How much do you pay in taxes that you needed to save the money spent on these worthless asshats?
  • Options

Fucking christ. Anyone who thinks drugs should be illegal is a fuckwad.

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

Other than that, the war on drugs has been a huge success!

Anyone that thinks they should be legal hasn't seen the carnage wrought. Kids shouldn't be able to drop by the corner 7-11 and grab some heroin or meth etc. it's insanity. We'll never make a dent in the demand for drugs.

Maybe all the football players on meth would make the game more exciting!

I've seen a lot of lives destroyed by drugs. It's not pretty and it's REALLY expensive.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

It's hard to argue with this, the results of the drug war have been awful. I'm fine with the legalize weed movement. Do we really think legalizing heroine and meth makes us a better place to live? Legitimate question.
    Legalize and replace police with doctors to treat users. Cheaper and proven to work.

It's a health issue, not a crime issue. The crime derives from the prohibition, not the product itself.

Just ask Portugal.
    If I like my doctor who treats my heroine addiction, can I keep him?

Sarcasam aside, I'm intrigued. Definitely can't argue that the current system has worked.
    The current system is a sham. Issues like this are a perfect example of why money needs to be taken out of politics. But the private prison and pharmaceutical lobby is strong.

Illegal drugs fuel drug cartels and street gangs, 2 big sources of crime in America (and Mexico, which spills across the border). Even terrorist orgs sell drugs. And the US is the #1 customer world wide.

People talk about taking out the oil fields ISIS uses to fund their regime. We should do the same in the "war" on drugs. But instead of cutting off their revenue source, we are going after the users and low level dealers, which would be like blowing up gas stations and cars using oil already sold by ISIS.
    Heck me and Freemont agree on something? GPS guided bombs work great on cartel members as well as ISIS. Line up the B-52's wing tip to wing tip and poppy etc. fields vanish real fast. I'm in for that plan.
  • Options

Portugal's had a lot of success legalizing everything. Because it turns out that most of the negative shit that happens from drugs is collateral damage. Punishing people for selling drugs is also retarded. That's why those stupid fucks in the 70s started calling them 'pushers' because they wanted to create the impression that they are somehow forcing people to take drugs. What a crock of shit.

Drugs sell themselves. A fucking vending machine would be a more effective heroin sales device than any currently functioning heroin dealer.

Not only is the war on drugs stupid: if I want to do heroin, get fat, play video games, fuck prostitutes or study for exams, who gives a flying fuck?

It destabilizes our own country: org crime wasn't shit until alcohol prohibition.

Either we have to have draconian/Singaporean measures against drugs (everyone caught with them summarily executed) or we need to just fucking legalize it and allow anyone who has a problem to go to a doctor for help.

The 'war on drugs' is FS beyond belief. And @TurdBuffer lives up to his name... trade corporate overlords for drug cartels... uh, yeah, you dipshit. I prefer to live in societies where those who control them have an incentive to create peace and order, rather than chaos and destruction, but that's just me (and everyone else).

The only argument for the war on drugs is that 'drugs is bad' - because every other piece of fucking evidence is that it is a total fucking nightmare that has given the stupidest pieces of shit on the planet (police officers) military weapons to fight against the most desperate fuckers on the planet (drug addicts). What could go wrong?

Hell in your world who even needs laws! Anarchy! Nobody will get hurt in that scenario......
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2016
    Sledog said:

Anyone that thinks they should be legal hasn't seen the carnage wrought. Kids shouldn't be able to drop by the corner 7-11 and grab some heroin or meth etc. it's insanity. We'll never make a dent in the demand for drugs.

I've seen a lot of lives destroyed by drugs. It's not pretty and it's REALLY expensive.
    This is literally what a retard argues like. Behold!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.

I thought you liked to save tax money. How much of your tax money goes to support incarcerated criminals?

Assuming you actually pay taxes. I'd guess you just like to bitch about how other people's tax money is spent.
    Let me know when you've written a six figure check on top of what was deducted to the wonderful US tax system. I pay. Some f'ing ghetto should probably have a plaque saying "your welfare paid funny edog" Having people that cause as many deaths as these people do in jail is important. But then they just kill those poor downtrodden souls you have so much love for and wish to lift with Bernieism, so guessing your good with it.

How many of these fine citizens being released shall we move in with you or next door to you?

I'm guessing zero but it might save you bus money when you score.

How much do you pay in taxes that you needed to save the money spent on these worthless asshats?
    Ah the "my dick is bigger than yours" argument.

Nice work. Lol it's still funny how you are all about not spending federal money. Except to keep "criminals" in jail for exercising their personal freedoms. Oh wait.... Isn't personal freedoms another mantra of yours?

Hypocrite.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    Nice screed DDY. You and Tommy can let me know when your utopian scheme starts saving either of you a dime.

What a gem this is: "I prefer to live in societies where those who control them have an incentive to create peace and order, rather than chaos and destruction, but that's just me (and everyone else)." Profound.

Guess who threw millions of dollars behind the tough on crime bills that led to these incarcerations, DDY? Corporate America's very own Private Prison Industry. Realpolitik's a bitch. And this ain't no Portugal.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It's hard to argue with this, the results of the drug war have been awful. I'm fine with the legalize weed movement. Do we really think legalizing heroine and meth makes us a better place to live? Legitimate question.
    Legalize and replace police with doctors to treat users. Cheaper and proven to work.

It's a health issue, not a crime issue. The crime derives from the prohibition, not the product itself.

Just ask Portugal.
    If I like my doctor who treats my heroine addiction, can I keep him?

Sarcasam aside, I'm intrigued. Definitely can't argue that the current system has worked.
    The current system is a sham. Issues like this are a perfect example of why money needs to be taken out of politics. But the private prison and pharmaceutical lobby is strong.

Illegal drugs fuel drug cartels and street gangs, 2 big sources of crime in America (and Mexico, which spills across the border). Even terrorist orgs sell drugs. And the US is the #1 customer world wide.

People talk about taking out the oil fields ISIS uses to fund their regime. We should do the same in the "war" on drugs. But instead of cutting off their revenue source, we are going after the users and low level dealers, which would be like blowing up gas stations and cars using oil already sold by ISIS.
    Heck me and Freemont agree on something? GPS guided bombs work great on cartel members as well as ISIS. Line up the B-52's wing tip to wing tip and poppy etc. fields vanish real fast. I'm in for that plan.
    If you think we agree here, you are dumber than I thought (which is hard to believe). Bombs might work on an oil field, but oil and drugs are completely different commodities. The point is cutting off the revenue.

Prohibition is a proven failure. We? have been fighting this war for decades, and it is NOT working, by any objective measure. But an insane person like you wants to keep trying the same old shit because "drugs destroy lives"...no shit. But drug addiction AND a criminal record is worse.

So how about we try a new plan that has been proven to work elsewhere?
  • Options

Nice screed DDY. You and Tommy can let me know when your utopian scheme starts saving either of you a dime.

What a gem this is: "I prefer to live in societies where those who control them have an incentive to create peace and order, rather than chaos and destruction, but that's just me (and everyone else)." Profound.

Guess who threw millions of dollars behind the tough on crime bills that led to these incarcerations, DDY? Corporate America's very own Private Prison Industry. Realpolitik's a bitch. And this ain't no Portugal.

The US isn't Portugal? No shit.

What does that have to do with the fact that they have successfully ended prohibition in their country, and reaped measurable benefits as a result? Police, judges, and jails cost money. Drug crimes are a massive toll on the legal system at all levels.

On top of it, they actually rehabilitate addicts with clinics so that they can be more than a mouth to feed in prison or a street junkie stealing for another fix.

You say this isn't Portugal, I say no shit. Imagine how much more impact US legalization would have at combating cartels, street gang/organized crime, and terrorist organization revenue streams? Doing this here would have WAY more impact than what Portugal has done.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    DDY says: Not only is the war on drugs stupid: if I want to do heroin, get fat, play video games, fuck prostitutes or study for exams, who gives a flying fuck?

Easy Answer (Unless you're independently wealthy): The other people who will have to pick up the tab for your ass when your money runs out, many of whom have voted to spend the extra money to send your ass to jail, instead of rehab, because they are pissed off at you doing that shit on your couch while they get up at 6 a.m and go to work every day. A prison sentence is their ultimate "fuck you" revenge for the jealousy and envy they've had watching you doing as you please while they bust ass. So, in fact, everyone doesn't agree with you DDY. Many would say, "you got what you deserved, so get fucked."

That's the cold, hard sentiment of about 1/2 the Republican party, aka the Law and Order faction, as opposed to the PJ O'Rourke - libertarian wing, and where do you think the Religious Right stands on the issue? Point is, we already have a Drug Court in King County that softens the penalties and offers a path to sobriety, so we're already doing some of what you want. But dreams of legalization aren't going anywhere until you sell your results, versus ideas and notions, to the conservative minded folk who, in their minds, turn the earth everyday while drug addicts fuck around. Like it or not, agree or not, but yours is a hard sell in any market, sans Stranger readership and the like.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

They shouldn't be legal for kids.

I'm on the fence about adults, but the current system is fucking retarded, and that dates back to the 80s when my peers and I were fed "Drugs are evil" bullshit 24/7. We have the highest prison population in the world IIRC. We have more people in prison than China and India. They've built over 20 prisons in California since 1980 and one university. If that's not fucktarded and regressive, I don't know what is. So we need to stop putting people away for 15 years for selling on the corner. Any sort of possession violation of any drug should be some kind of $50 citation, if that. People are going to take drugs no matter what. The rates of addiction have remained relatively unchanged since the 1800s. Start focusing on prevention and treatment more, and lining the pockets of those who bilk the taxpayers for private prisons less.
  • Options
    FMBill says: Start focusing on prevention and treatment more, and lining the pockets of those who bilk the taxpayers for private prisons less.

Follow the money, Bill, and you'll find that many of those are the same people, working in concert with each other or scratching each others' backs. That's one of my key points. I see this shit everyday.
  • Options

Sledog said:

I'm on the fence about adults, but the current system is fucking retarded, and that dates back to the 80s when my peers and I were fed "Drugs are evil" bullshit 24/7. We have the highest prison population in the world IIRC. We have more people in prison than China and India. They've built over 20 prisons in California since 1980 and one university. If that's not fucktarded and regressive, I don't know what is. So we need to stop putting people away for 15 years for selling on the corner. Any sort of possession violation of any drug should be some kind of $50 citation, if that. People are going to take drugs no matter what. The rates of addiction have remained relatively unchanged since the 1800s. Start focusing on prevention and treatment more, and lining the pockets of those who bilk the taxpayers for private prisons less.
    That's close to where I'm at. Decriminalize use and possession (other than when driving). Make selling a misdemeanor like a speeding ticket to discourage it. Make distribution over a certain amount a crime.

This is for everything except MJ, which we need to fully legalize like alcohol.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

That's close to where I'm at. Decriminalize use and possession (other than when driving). Make selling a misdemeanor like a speeding ticket to discourage it. Make distribution over a certain amount a crime.

Typical fence sitting half measure pussy response we've come to expect from you.

#IncrementalProgress
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,426
    Swaye's Wigwam
    *chincremental
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Ah the "my dick is bigger than yours" argument.

Hypocrite.
    This is HH, Hondo. If there's a better argument in this universe, I haven't seen it.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Typical fence sitting half measure pussy response we've come to expect from you.

#IncrementalProgress
    Fuck off freeme. Live in your own dream world of unicorns.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress
    Fuck off freeme. Live in your own dream world of unicorns.
    I like to call a successful example of a solution to a known problem a dream.

CHRIST.
  • Options

Sledog said:

This is literally what a retard argues like. Behold!
    Yeah Dennis I'm retarded since I don't agree with you! Sound like Obama. That's stupid.
  • Options

Sledog said:

They execute people in China and send the family the bill for the bullet. Keeps prison population down. Oh and drug crimes are capitol punishment in China. AK47 to the back of the head.