Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obama releases 61 felons from prison

13»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Fucking christ. Anyone who thinks drugs should be illegal is a fuckwad.

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

Other than that, the war on drugs has been a huge success!

Anyone that thinks they should be legal hasn't seen the carnage wrought. Kids shouldn't be able to drop by the corner 7-11 and grab some heroin or meth etc. it's insanity. We'll never make a dent in the demand for drugs.

Maybe all the football players on meth would make the game more exciting!

I've seen a lot of lives destroyed by drugs. It's not pretty and it's REALLY expensive.
    This is literally what a retard argues like. Behold!
    Yeah Dennis I'm retarded since I don't agree with you! Sound like Obama. That's stupid.
    Nobody is arguing that drugs are good for you. They might be awesome, but they're not good for you (except for weed, that shit cures cancer).

But they're already illegal, and it hasn't stopped drugs from ruining lives,as you claim to have experienced first hand. Prohibition does not work. Never has.

All the current system does is ruin more lives. And to a harsher degree when you consider the effects of incarceration on those individuals.

Why would you oppose a different approach?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.

I thought you liked to save tax money. How much of your tax money goes to support incarcerated criminals?

Assuming you actually pay taxes. I'd guess you just like to bitch about how other people's tax money is spent.
    Let me know when you've written a six figure check on top of what was deducted to the wonderful US tax system. I pay. Some f'ing ghetto should probably have a plaque saying "your welfare paid funny edog" Having people that cause as many deaths as these people do in jail is important. But then they just kill those poor downtrodden souls you have so much love for and wish to lift with Bernieism, so guessing your good with it.

How many of these fine citizens being released shall we move in with you or next door to you?

I'm guessing zero but it might save you bus money when you score.

How much do you pay in taxes that you needed to save the money spent on these worthless asshats?
    Ah the "my dick is bigger than yours" argument.

Nice work. Lol it's still funny how you are all about not spending federal money. Except to keep "criminals" in jail for exercising their personal freedoms. Oh wait.... Isn't personal freedoms another mantra of yours?

Hypocrite.
    Is my dick bigger than yours? No idea. How about my tax bill? That was the f'ing question. Guessing they don't deduct much from your section 8 checks.

Yeah criminals in jail is good. Criminals on the street is not. Like I said we can pay you to house a few how many do you want?

Oh yeah none. Guess your they hypocrite.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Prohibition has worked so well that it's completely destabilized tons of neighboring countries (in ways that affect us), sent tons of people to jail needlessly (and ruined lives), exacerbated wealth/social disparities in the US (for both white people, whom I hate, and black people) and ended up producing a fuck-tonne of government/police overreach, bloat and corruption with for profit prisons, civil forfeiture, militarized police forces with fuckwad overreaching cops/huge government contracts to give out and STILL has not managed to make a dent in demand for drugs.

Anyone that thinks they should be legal hasn't seen the carnage wrought. Kids shouldn't be able to drop by the corner 7-11 and grab some heroin or meth etc. it's insanity. We'll never make a dent in the demand for drugs.

I've seen a lot of lives destroyed by drugs. It's not pretty and it's REALLY expensive.
    They shouldn't be legal for kids.

I'm on the fence about adults, but the current system is fucking retarded, and that dates back to the 80s when my peers and I were fed "Drugs are evil" bullshit 24/7. We have the highest prison population in the world IIRC. We have more people in prison than China and India. They've built over 20 prisons in California since 1980 and one university. If that's not fucktarded and regressive, I don't know what is. So we need to stop putting people away for 15 years for selling on the corner. Any sort of possession violation of any drug should be some kind of $50 citation, if that. People are going to take drugs no matter what. The rates of addiction have remained relatively unchanged since the 1800s. Start focusing on prevention and treatment more, and lining the pockets of those who bilk the taxpayers for private prisons less.
    That's close to where I'm at. Decriminalize use and possession (other than when driving). Make selling a misdemeanor like a speeding ticket to discourage it. Make distribution over a certain amount a crime.

This is for everything except MJ, which we need to fully legalize like alcohol.
    Typical fence sitting half measure pussy response we've come to expect from you.

#IncrementalProgress
    Fuck off freeme. Live in your own dream world of unicorns.
    I like to call a successful example of a solution to a known problem a dream.

CHRIST.
    Sounds like you are confused on the drug policy in Portugal. That's actually more strict than what I stated, other than they do have more on helping people seek treatment.

In July 2001, a new law maintained the status of illegality for using or possessing any drug for personal use without authorization. The offense was changed from a criminal one, with prison a possible punishment, to an administrative one if the amount possessed was no more than ten days' supply of that substance.[1] This was in line with the de facto Portuguese drug policy before the reform. Drug addicts were then to be aggressively targeted with therapy or community service rather than fines or waivers.[10] Even if there are no criminal penalties, these changes did not legalize drug use in Portugal. Possession has remained prohibited by Portuguese law, and criminal penalties are still applied to drug growers, dealers and traffickers.[11][12]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Got's to set 'da homies free! Didn't read every instance but read many. Those were ALL traffickers. When you're popped for more than 100 ounces of heroine you are a major narcotics dealer. Dangerous people. Very dangerous. But this is all about social justice. It's all about hurting society and causing chaos. It's all fun and games until you or yours are the victims.

I thought you liked to save tax money. How much of your tax money goes to support incarcerated criminals?

Assuming you actually pay taxes. I'd guess you just like to bitch about how other people's tax money is spent.
    Let me know when you've written a six figure check on top of what was deducted to the wonderful US tax system. I pay. Some f'ing ghetto should probably have a plaque saying "your welfare paid funny edog" Having people that cause as many deaths as these people do in jail is important. But then they just kill those poor downtrodden souls you have so much love for and wish to lift with Bernieism, so guessing your good with it.

How many of these fine citizens being released shall we move in with you or next door to you?

How much do you pay in taxes that you needed to save the money spent on these worthless asshats?

Nice work. Lol it's still funny how you are all about not spending federal money. Except to keep "criminals" in jail for exercising their personal freedoms. Oh wait.... Isn't personal freedoms another mantra of yours?

Hypocrite.
    Is my dick bigger than yours? No idea. How about my tax bill? That was the f'ing question. Guessing they don't deduct much from your section 8 checks.

Yeah criminals in jail is good. Criminals on the street is not. Like I said we can pay you to house a few how many do you want?

*you're
    *the

Metaphors are lost on you. And so is the definition of hypocrite. Or even common sense.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I'm on the fence about adults, but the current system is fucking retarded, and that dates back to the 80s when my peers and I were fed "Drugs are evil" bullshit 24/7. We have the highest prison population in the world IIRC. We have more people in prison than China and India. They've built over 20 prisons in California since 1980 and one university. If that's not fucktarded and regressive, I don't know what is. So we need to stop putting people away for 15 years for selling on the corner. Any sort of possession violation of any drug should be some kind of $50 citation, if that. People are going to take drugs no matter what. The rates of addiction have remained relatively unchanged since the 1800s. Start focusing on prevention and treatment more, and lining the pockets of those who bilk the taxpayers for private prisons less.
    That's close to where I'm at. Decriminalize use and possession (other than when driving). Make selling a misdemeanor like a speeding ticket to discourage it. Make distribution over a certain amount a crime.

Typical fence sitting half measure pussy response we've come to expect from you.

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.
    Sounds like you are confused on the drug policy in Portugal. That's actually more strict than what I stated, other than they do have more on helping people seek treatment.

In July 2001, a new law maintained the status of illegality for using or possessing any drug for personal use without authorization. The offense was changed from a criminal one, with prison a possible punishment, to an administrative one if the amount possessed was no more than ten days' supply of that substance.[1] This was in line with the de facto Portuguese drug policy before the reform. Drug addicts were then to be aggressively targeted with therapy or community service rather than fines or waivers.[10] Even if there are no criminal penalties, these changes did not legalize drug use in Portugal. Possession has remained prohibited by Portuguese law, and criminal penalties are still applied to drug growers, dealers and traffickers.[11][12]

No, I'm not confused.

I'm saying their experiment worked, so take it to the next logical step.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

I think what I discussed was the next logical step. Decriminalization.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

Compared to what we have now, yes. I'm saying skip that chapter (we already know how it plays out) and go straight to the end.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

Compared to what we have now, yes. I'm saying skip that chapter (we already know how it plays out) and go straight to the end.
    You also said the end has proven to be successful, and I don't see that's true.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2016
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

What you linked about Portugal was an exact policy of decriminalization for drug users.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

What you linked about Portugal was an exact policy of decriminalization for drug users.
    Dude, I already tried...it's helpless.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

#IncrementalProgress

CHRIST.

No, I'm not confused.

Dude, I already tried...it's helpless.
    These are penalty's solely for possession of small amounts. Do you call that decriminalized? For fucks sakes.

The committees have a broad range of sanctions available to them when ruling on the drug use offence. These include:

Fines, ranging from €25 to €150. These figures are based on the Portuguese minimum wage of about €485 (Banco de Portugal, 2001) and translate into hours of work lost.
    Suspension of the right to practice if the user has a licensed profession (e.g. medical doctor, taxi driver) and may endanger another person or someone's possessions.
    Ban on visiting certain places (e.g. specific clubbing venues).
    Ban on associating with specific other persons.
    Foreign travel ban.
    Requirement to report periodically to the committee.
    Withdrawal of the right to carry a gun.
    Confiscation of personal possessions.
    Cessation of subsidies or allowances that a person receives from a public agency.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter
    lol Obama too big of a pussy to release more than 61
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

If people want drugs they can get drugs whether they are legal or not. It's not like the drug war has cut into usership or addiction problems.
    Non users are not suddenly going to become users because it is legal. Non users are non users because they know it's bad for their health.
    And no one is saying to just let addicts continue to consume and deal. Treatment has proven to be a better option.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Hypocrite.

*you're
    *the

Metaphors are lost on you. And so is the definition of hypocrite. Or even common sense

No not lost and obviously millions of people driving around whacked on cheap legal drugs sounds like common sense if your brain happens to be in a jar next to you on the table.

How many meth heads, PCP users and hypes are you taking in? Got kids? They'd be great examples to have around for your kids to learn from.

My pad isn't the greatest typing instrument. Grammar Nazi's don't concern me.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You can at the very least start with pot. It's no more dangerous or addictive than alcohol. The fact that it remains illegal shows just how much power the prison industrial complex has over the legislature
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Hypocrite.

*you're
    *the

Metaphors are lost on you. And so is the definition of hypocrite. Or even common sense

No not lost and obviously millions of people driving around whacked on cheap legal drugs sounds like common sense if your brain happens to be in a jar next to you on the table.

How many meth heads, PCP users and hypes are you taking in? Got kids? They'd be great examples to have around for your kids to learn from.

My pad isn't the greatest typing instrument. Grammar Nazi's National SOCIALISTS don't concern me.