Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Murray and Chriss Sell the Couch

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Terrance Jones >>> Chriss, especially in college

Similar players. Chriss is probably a better athlete though.

I like Chriss a lot, but setting the record for most fouls by a PAC 12 player makes me doubt his prospects of being a legitimately good NBA player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgmxg8OF90

I'm not convinced about that in all honesty. Jones was an athletic 3 playing as a 4 in college. I would have rather had Terrance Jones as a true frosh over Chriss on this years team. I just don't see it working out for Chriss right away in the NBA for some reason.
    Jones had a 34.5 inch max vert at the combine. Chriss probably hits that on the standing vert. He's way more athletic than Jones. Jones was obviously more skilled as a frosh, the question is can NBA coaching get significantly more out of Chriss' raw talent? I think they will, but it might take two or three years. His ceiling is much higher than Jones'. His floor is a lot lower though.
    Jumping ability is not the only measure of "athletic" ability. I'll pick jones with the rock in his hands facing up against another 6'10" forward any day. Terrance Ross had a 37.5 same combine
    Chriss is both quicker and faster than Jones as well. He's far more athletic.

Jones is more skilled, no argument there.
    How can you say that? I've seen nothing that would remote suggest that given Jones was able to get to the rim at will on small forwards. He dominated MBA head to head as a freshman up and down the court. How can jones play the 3 and basically out quick everyone, but Chriss is some how quicker? Can Chriss even dribble? Jones took people off the dribble all the time. Jones created his own shots, Chriss not so much

First you say how much higher Chriss can jump, when Ross only out jumped Jones by 3 inches at the combines. We all know Ross was an athletic freak, who won an NBA dunk contest. I just don't get your measurement of "athletic ability
    You really don't think Chriss will have better than a 34.5 vert? Seriously?

Secondly, yes, Chriss is quicker on his feet. That's athleticism. He can't dribble. That's skill.

If you put Chriss and Jones on a flatbed and told them to race, Chriss wins rather easily everytime. If you set cones out and told them to dribble around the cones, Jones wins everytime.

The question of who will be a better player comes down to whether NBA coaching can help Chriss develop the skill that he's lacking right now. Jones is a much safer pick, I'm not denying that. He's not an elite athlete by NBA standards though. Chriss is. Whether that matters or not time will tell.
    Do you seriously think he has a higher vertical than Terrance Ross? I don't, But testing will prove it. Ross jumped out of the gym, but yet he tested only 3 inches higher than Jones... Hmmm. I'm not sure Chris's beats him in a cone drill, what are you basing this assessment off of? Film study? Jones was faster and quicker than most of the players he faced in college as a freshman. I would post video of him out running MBA but I don't feel like looking for it
    I'm not comparing him to Terrence Ross, I'm comparing him to Terrence Jones. Ross is more athletic than Jones. Chriss doesn't have to be more athletic than Ross to be > Jones.

And I'm saying Chriss is noticably quicker than Jones, no film study required. He's also lighter, so that probably has something to do with it.
    The Ross comparison is brought up because of jumping, surely you can see the correlation.
    If Ross is known as a leader, a high flyer with a vertical leap of 37.5, I'm not sure how you can say Jones isn't as explosive with a vertical that only tested 3 inches less than Ross. While I realize these are standing vertical leaps, being only 3 inches less, is quite impressive. We will not know this until Chriss is tested at the combines. I would not be surprised to see Chriss sub 37" however.

True he is lighter. I just don't see the quickness difference.

I also don't remember seeing jones miss dunk after dunk
    Chriss didn't miss dunk after dunk either. He missed two or three. He threw down a ton of them.

Those aren't standing vert numbers, those are max vert numbers.

Three inches of vert isn't insignificant. If Chriss posts a 31.5 you'll be able to say Jones has plenty more hops than he does. That won't happen though.
    Chriss missed more dunks than I can remember anyone other player having at UW

And 3 inch difference in "Max Vertical" is not a big difference
    I'm not saying this is true, but if it is, it's because his team kept throwing ridiculous lobs that only he could get.
    I seem to recall Ross getting lobs no one else could get as well. You guys are fucking hilarious. But just like Bennet making it past the Sweet 16, I guess we will see when they test his vertical at the combine and it's not 40+
    I never said Bennett wouldn't make it past the Sweet 16, nor that Chriss would vert over 40+. OTOH, I did say Kasen wouldn't catch a red zone TD this year. And I did say Chriss is significantly more athletic than Jones, and he is. And I'm right again.
    Significantly would suggest people who get paid to evaluate will grade him out at a 9 or 10 on athleticism, and you and I know that ain't gonna happen...Bennett obviously wasn't directed at you. Wow Kasen not making a redbone TD... Great call, considering he actually was on the team and saw the field...
    I never said Bennett wouldn't make it past the Sweet 16. I said he never had before, and that he was a doog legend until he did something in the tourney.

You'd have more fun if you knew what you were arguing.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I like Chriss a lot, but setting the record for most fouls by a PAC 12 player makes me doubt his prospects of being a legitimately good NBA player.

I'm not convinced about that in all honesty. Jones was an athletic 3 playing as a 4 in college. I would have rather had Terrance Jones as a true frosh over Chriss on this years team. I just don't see it working out for Chriss right away in the NBA for some reason.
    Jones had a 34.5 inch max vert at the combine. Chriss probably hits that on the standing vert. He's way more athletic than Jones. Jones was obviously more skilled as a frosh, the question is can NBA coaching get significantly more out of Chriss' raw talent? I think they will, but it might take two or three years. His ceiling is much higher than Jones'. His floor is a lot lower though.
    Jumping ability is not the only measure of "athletic" ability. I'll pick jones with the rock in his hands facing up against another 6'10" forward any day. Terrance Ross had a 37.5 same combine

How can you say that? I've seen nothing that would remote suggest that given Jones was able to get to the rim at will on small forwards. He dominated MBA head to head as a freshman up and down the court. How can jones play the 3 and basically out quick everyone, but Chriss is some how quicker? Can Chriss even dribble? Jones took people off the dribble all the time. Jones created his own shots, Chriss not so much

First you say how much higher Chriss can jump, when Ross only out jumped Jones by 3 inches at the combines. We all know Ross was an athletic freak, who won an NBA dunk contest. I just don't get your measurement of "athletic ability

Secondly, yes, Chriss is quicker on his feet. That's athleticism. He can't dribble. That's skill.

If you put Chriss and Jones on a flatbed and told them to race, Chriss wins rather easily everytime. If you set cones out and told them to dribble around the cones, Jones wins everytime.

The question of who will be a better player comes down to whether NBA coaching can help Chriss develop the skill that he's lacking right now. Jones is a much safer pick, I'm not denying that. He's not an elite athlete by NBA standards though. Chriss is. Whether that matters or not time will tell.
    Do you seriously think he has a higher vertical than Terrance Ross? I don't, But testing will prove it. Ross jumped out of the gym, but yet he tested only 3 inches higher than Jones... Hmmm. I'm not sure Chris's beats him in a cone drill, what are you basing this assessment off of? Film study? Jones was faster and quicker than most of the players he faced in college as a freshman. I would post video of him out running MBA but I don't feel like looking for it
    I'm not comparing him to Terrence Ross, I'm comparing him to Terrence Jones. Ross is more athletic than Jones. Chriss doesn't have to be more athletic than Ross to be > Jones.

And I'm saying Chriss is noticably quicker than Jones, no film study required. He's also lighter, so that probably has something to do with it.
    The Ross comparison is brought up because of jumping, surely you can see the correlation.
    If Ross is known as a leader, a high flyer with a vertical leap of 37.5, I'm not sure how you can say Jones isn't as explosive with a vertical that only tested 3 inches less than Ross. While I realize these are standing vertical leaps, being only 3 inches less, is quite impressive. We will not know this until Chriss is tested at the combines. I would not be surprised to see Chriss sub 37" however.

Chriss didn't miss dunk after dunk either. He missed two or three. He threw down a ton of them.

Three inches of vert isn't insignificant. If Chriss posts a 31.5 you'll be able to say Jones has plenty more hops than he does. That won't happen though.

I'm not saying this is true, but if it is, it's because his team kept throwing ridiculous lobs that only he could get.
    I seem to recall Ross getting lobs no one else could get as well. You guys are fucking hilarious. But just like Bennet making it past the Sweet 16, I guess we will see when they test his vertical at the combine and it's not 40+
    I never said Bennett wouldn't make it past the Sweet 16, nor that Chriss would vert over 40+. OTOH, I did say Kasen wouldn't catch a red zone TD this year. And I did say Chriss is significantly more athletic than Jones, and he is. And I'm right again.
    Significantly would suggest people who get paid to evaluate will grade him out at a 9 or 10 on athleticism, and you and I know that ain't gonna happen...Bennett obviously wasn't directed at you. Wow Kasen not making a redbone TD... Great call, considering he actually was on the team and saw the field...
    Once again, who is they? And why do you assume he won't? I would be surprised if he doesn't get a 9. It's a bad eval if he doesn't. He's stupid athletic.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Once again, who is they? And why do you assume he won't? I would be surprised if he doesn't get a 9. It's a bad eval if he doesn't. He's stupid athletic.
    Draft express. But the point is, he's not "that" much more athletic than Jones. He's is crazy athletic I agree. He's also a stupid player with limited skill and a motor that sucks. Is he more athletic than a Shawn Kemp, Dominique Wilkins, Kenny Walker? No. Jones, slightly but less skilled as you said. I don't see him making a splash in the NBA. Jones was able to use his athletic ability to play the 3. He is average at best in the NBA to date. To think Chris is going to wow anyone in the NBA with super human athleticism is FS. Maybe he gets a 9 ranking, but I will wait and see
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Chriss hit 38.5 on the vert.

He's significantly more athletic than Terrence Jones, as anyone with @GrandpaSankey's eyeballs could see.

You're a fucktard, as expected.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

But Chriss is going to get paid in the NBA therefore he's making the right decision ... or so I hear

You are either ready or not ... the money will be there if you are good enough
    Until you blow your knee and it's not.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

He's significantly more athletic than Terrence Jones, as anyone with @GrandpaSankey's eyeballs could see.

@NeGgaPlEaSe 's silence in this thread speaks volumes
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

@NeGgaPlEaSe 's silence in this thread speaks volumes
    He's busy deepthroating Tony Bennett's 2" of thunder.