Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Murray and Chriss Sell the Couch

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you can't surround the one and dones with the right players ... it's not worth recruiting said players.

Yes, it ultimately comes back to Romar.

A lot of the guys that have left early aren't really good enough to leave early. But if they get paid then they get paid.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tommy...Ah forget it. I don't have enough dynamite.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tommy...Ah forget it. I don't have enough dynamite.

BURN
  • Options
    Too much rock to blast through, Tommy. And not worth the effort.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Tequilla said:

You clearly missed the post that I made earlier in the week that showed over 70% of the starters for the Sweet 16 teams being juniors and seniors.

You can say it is FS all you want ... but the stats are the stats.

Oregon had the same percentage of upperclassmen starters in their last game as did UW
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

You clearly missed the post that I made earlier in the week that showed over 70% of the starters for the Sweet 16 teams being juniors and seniors.

Oregon had the same percentage of upperclassmen starters in their last game as did UW
    Backcourt is key in the tournament. Oklahoma had SR, SR, JR, scoring 61 points today. Oregon had SO, SO, FR, scoring 23. Maybe, just maybe, @Tequilla's point has some validity.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Backcourt is key in the tournament. Oklahoma had SR, SR, JR, scoring 61 points today. Oregon had SO, SO, FR, scoring 23. Maybe, just maybe, @Tequilla's point has some validity.
    That upperclassmen are generally better than freshman? Crazy point he's making.

Let's employ the strategy of telling the best recruits to go elsewhere because they will only make the program worse. If you have a vertical over 30 inches, fuck you. McDonald's AA, fuck you. Fringe five/four star, fuck you.

We'll keep importing guys from Chino Hills Indiana JC and Belgium instead.
  • Options
    It's a poor draft year which in large part is why Murray and Chriss are likely assured of being first round picks ...

I could go do another study of what percentage of 1st rounders actually make it to have successful NBA careers ... just because you are a 1st rounder doesn't mean you are guaranteed to have a lengthy career.

My point is really simple ... just because you can leave early and get drafted to the NBA doesn't mean that you are ready to play in the NBA. It's great that you can get your first contract ... but if you really want to get paid in the NBA (particularly with the current CBA) it's all about getting paid as much as possible for your second contract. If you are spending the balance of your first contract riding the bus between the end of the bench at the NBA level and the D League, you're not maxing out your potential for your second contract.

But then again, most people are shortsighted like that.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Terrance Jones >>> Chriss, especially in college
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Similar players. Chriss is probably a better athlete though.

I like Chriss a lot, but setting the record for most fouls by a PAC 12 player makes me doubt his prospects of being a legitimately good NBA player.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I like Chriss a lot, but setting the record for most fouls by a PAC 12 player makes me doubt his prospects of being a legitimately good NBA player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgmxg8OF90

I'm not convinced about that in all honesty. Jones was an athletic 3 playing as a 4 in college. I would have rather had Terrance Jones as a true frosh over Chriss on this years team. I just don't see it working out for Chriss right away in the NBA for some reason.
  • Options

But Chriss is going to get paid in the NBA therefore he's making the right decision ... or so I hear

You are either ready or not ... the money will be there if you are good enough
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

MelloDawg said:

Another year after next for Romar, regardless of outcome, unless they hire someone other than Jen Cohen

I can already hear it now. "He lost his 3 best players, you can't expect him to make the tourney after that!"

Kill me.
    I actually think people are starting to at least question Romar now. There are still plenty of sheep though.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This all boils down to the fact that romar is a terrible coach and will never again make the real tournament.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm not convinced about that in all honesty. Jones was an athletic 3 playing as a 4 in college. I would have rather had Terrance Jones as a true frosh over Chriss on this years team. I just don't see it working out for Chriss right away in the NBA for some reason.
    Jones had a 34.5 inch max vert at the combine. Chriss probably hits that on the standing vert. He's way more athletic than Jones. Jones was obviously more skilled as a frosh, the question is can NBA coaching get significantly more out of Chriss' raw talent? I think they will, but it might take two or three years. His ceiling is much higher than Jones'. His floor is a lot lower though.
  • Options
    Nobody is questioning Chriss's ability

The problem is that he can't stay on the court without fouling. That won't keep you on the court. That gets you down to the D League.

What most people miss about the NBA is that what separates you is your mastering of the fundamentals. Chriss's fundamentals right now absolutely suck.

The NBA is full of talented players ... many of them end up playing in Europe. They don't have time to babysit there ... both Murray and Chriss will need babysitting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Nobody is questioning Chriss's ability

The problem is that he can't stay on the court without fouling. That won't keep you on the court. That gets you down to the D League.

What most people miss about the NBA is that what separates you is your mastering of the fundamentals. Chriss's fundamentals right now absolutely suck.

The NBA is full of talented players ... many of them end up playing in Europe. They don't have time to babysit there ... both Murray and Chriss will need babysitting.

Could you sound anymore old, bitter and white?
  • Options
  • Options
    dnc said:

Jones had a 34.5 inch max vert at the combine. Chriss probably hits that on the standing vert. He's way more athletic than Jones. Jones was obviously more skilled as a frosh, the question is can NBA coaching get significantly more out of Chriss' raw talent? I think they will, but it might take two or three years. His ceiling is much higher than Jones'. His floor is a lot lower though.
    Jumping ability is not the only measure of "athletic" ability. I'll pick jones with the rock in his hands facing up against another 6'10" forward any day. Terrance Ross had a 37.5 same combine