Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Transporting snow to Anchorage ?

EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
BTW, global warming ISN'T happening.

"Over the past 50 years, wintertime temperatures across Alaska increased by an average of more than 6.3 degrees, primarily due to man-made climate change, the Environmental Protection Agency reports."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2016/03/03/iditarod-sled-dog-race-anchorage-alaska/81284514/

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Discussing "human caused" or not aside. My favorite part is when idiots say we are in a 17 year cooling cycle.

But that is crazy they have to bring in snow to Alaska in early March.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Awfully warm for early March?

Yes.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Global warming is in effect. Like Hondo said the debate is whether we contribute to it or not. If we find evidence that we are, it still wouldn't matter, because China emits more pollutants than most developed countries combined. I know...no excuse, but if we are screwed anyways what's really the point?
  • Options

Global warming is in effect. Like Hondo said the debate is whether we contribute to it or not. If we find evidence that we are, it still wouldn't matter, because China emits more pollutants than most developed countries combined. I know...no excuse, but if we are screwed anyways what's really the point?

Yeah America has done a good job of trying to reduce emissions since the early 90s. Our air is much cleaner and the gas mileage requirements will help. The real issue is India and China. I went all over northern India for 2 weeks and everywhere, even 100 miles from a big city, there was smog so think you could barely see the sun. That's what really needs to be cleaned up.
  • Options

Fuck China. (Yes, some of my best friends are Chins) They are willing to kill their own citizens (slowly) to make a couple of dollars.

Regardless of how fucked up the fucked up countries are - we should do what we can to reduce the global impact. Giving up because one rogue fucktarded country doesn't give a shit is for loosers.

BTW, I thought it was interesting because they are only trucking in 7 cars full of snow to make the race three miles longer and it will still be 8 miles shorter than normal. Why the fuck don't they bring in more snow? Or why bring in any at all?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clearly a scientific approach laid out here

WE should do something!!!!

College doog and his wood chipper are rolling over in their grave
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    EwaDawg said:

Fuck China. (Yes, some of my best friends are Chins) They are willing to kill their own citizens (slowly) to make a couple of dollars.

Regardless of how fucked up the fucked up countries are - we should do what we can to reduce the global impact. Giving up because one rogue fucktarded country doesn't give a shit is for loosers.

BTW, I thought it was interesting because they are only trucking in 7 cars full of snow to make the race three miles longer and it will still be 8 miles shorter than normal. Why the fuck don't they bring in more snow? Or why bring in any at all?

Point being, this freak out show about reducing emissions only costs us more money and creates an economic disadvantage, especially if us doing it by ourselves does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

If China and India, etc., want to contribute to solving the problem, then great, let's do it. I still think we need to be environmentally responsible, we just can't go overboard about it by ourselves, when other countries are able to take advantage of the economics of not doing so at all.

It defeats the entire purpose. Even Hondo understands this to an extent.

Slowing an oncoming train by 10 miles an hour doesn't do shit when it was going 100 miles an hour to begin with. It's a waste unless the worst offenders are on board. Which they aren't so, again, what's the point?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I blame the exhaust of 15 y/o quads.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

Great. Stop driving your car then. Cook everything via the fire you start with flint and rock. Stop using your electricity etc.

Or just keep talking about how we NEED to do something!!!11! To make yourself feel good like everyone else.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

Great. Stop driving your car then. Cook everything via the fire you start with flint and rock. Stop using your electricity etc.

Or just keep talking about how we NEED to do something!!!11! To make yourself feel good like everyone else.
    Clearly you people who talk about cars don't get what greenhouse gases are.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

Slowing an oncoming train by 10 miles an hour doesn't do shit when it was going 100 miles an hour to begin with.
    It is not an absolute. Slowing the train does matter if it allows 10000 people (200 miles away) to evacuate safely.

Seriously, this bored has some of the dumbest motherfuckers in the entire universe.

You didn't refute a single thing I said. Doing the right thing is hard sometimes but you don't not do it because rogues are doing the wrong thing.

• Options
    edited March 2016

EwaDawg said:

That was a TRULY DUMB FUCKING POST. I do what I can which is more than most.

And, I am serious happy that you are so eager to just bend over and take it. It doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

SERIOUSLY. Giving up is the ABSOLUTE WORST thing you can do. I don't care HOW MANY FUCKING IDIOTS you get to agree with you.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Slowing an oncoming train by 10 miles an hour doesn't do shit when it was going 100 miles an hour to begin with.
    It is not an absolute. Slowing the train does matter if it allows 10000 people (200 miles away) to evacuate safely.

Seriously, this bored has some of the dumbest motherfuckers in the entire universe.

You didn't refute a single thing I said. Doing the right thing is hard sometimes but you don't not do it because rogues are doing the wrong thing.

You should read it again, I did refute what you said:

"Regardless of how fucked up the fucked up countries are - we should do what we can to reduce the global impact. Giving up because one rogue fucktarded country doesn't give a shit is for loosers."

Going bankrupt trying to stop something that you have no control over is for losers. Unless we get these other countries involved, it's a pointless initiative. This needs to be a global agreement...and no, raising our noses by trying to set an example isn't going to get us anywhere.

Acting only from the head is stupid, but acting only from the heart is equally stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

And you have the ballz to call other posters stupid while posting that irrelevant, worthless analogy. You haven't posted one solution yourself yet. Other than "Let's do the right thing guys!!!"

We can shut down all of our coal plants tomorrow and it won't matter one iota as the rest of the world will continue to belch 10 times the amount we did into the air everyday. It would disable our power grid. Cause economic and social chaos. But it would allow fucktards like yourself to feel good, because "We are trying guys.. we are really fucking trying" All the while it wouldn't add up to one less drop in the bucket.

Just shut the fuck-up* already.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

EwaDawg said:

Clearly you people who talk about cars don't get what greenhouse gases are.
    Clearly you yourself who talks about everything doesn't get the difference between your asshole and your pie hole
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Agree