Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travis Feeney just murdered the combine

2»

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    C'mon we knew he'd measure well. I'll take the under on the NFL career.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    AEB said:

Is that what you're hearing?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

AEB said:

Is that what you're hearing?
    Yup. Heard it last spring at the Husky showcase or combine or whatever it's called.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    dnc said:

Feeney has always been a combine darling, he'll sink or swim based on that shoulder

This is an excellent poont. If his shoulder can't handle the roundin in the poudnin the whole poont will be mute.
    You're better than that.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Ahhhhhh yes the combine... The ultimate measurement of how well someone can play football.

I hope the Hawks get Feeney so they can beat the Cardinals in the wind sprint and dunking contests next year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    CaptainPJ said:

dnc said:

Feeney has always been a combine darling, he'll sink or swim based on that shoulder

This is an excellent poont. If his shoulder can't handle the roundin in the poudnin the whole poont will be mute.
    You're better than that.
    huh?
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403

Everyone on the front 7 rotated. Victor and Bierria rotated with Lawyer and Constantine. It's pretty fucking stupid to use Feeney rotating with Wooching as an example why he's not that good.

@Dennis_DeYoung, I'm almost starting to feel like you're doing an Andy Kaufman act with your posts lately.

I'm just depressed. I know there are rational reasons to think we are going to be good, but I'm getting skittish and twitchy and I find exaggeration of hatred humorous.

But, still, Feeney wasn't really that good. If you read his NFL.com weakness profile it basically makes the case for me. He's great at running plays down from behind, but if you run at him, he is kind of useless. Should've become dominant with those measurables, but never did. Had a good last year because of 'splash plays', but was sort of a rich man's Josh Shirley insofar as the stats and memorable plays were great, but he was a liability when he wasn't doing the one or two things he could do.
    Josh Shirley is in the league also. Practice squad..but still
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Why do you hate NFL trainers, maturity and Orthopeadic Surgeons like Bob Anderson? If Timu can make it, Feeney will. If his shoulder is bad, he won't pass the physical and get drafted
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Buttah must suck because he split time with Beaver.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,686 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

I read that last part as "he split some beaver."
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Now, if UW could put up pts on offense to help death row, maybe we can witness a season worth talking about.

#firejohnsmiff
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Now, if UW could put up pts on offense to help death row, maybe we can witness a season worth talking about.

#firejohnsmiff

If UW can't score points with an experienced O-Line of 6'6 freaks, Gaskin at running back, an experienced Browning, and Ross back at receiver, just fire Petersen already because the issue runs deeper than Smith.

Jimmy Cornell or PGOS could score enough points as the OC with that offense to win 10 games
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Everyone on the front 7 rotated. Victor and Bierria rotated with Lawyer and Constantine. It's pretty fucking stupid to use Feeney rotating with Wooching as an example why he's not that good.

@Dennis_DeYoung, I'm almost starting to feel like you're doing an Andy Kaufman act with your posts lately.

I'm just depressed. I know there are rational reasons to think we are going to be good, but I'm getting skittish and twitchy and I find exaggeration of hatred humorous.

But, still, Feeney wasn't really that good. If you read his NFL.com weakness profile it basically makes the case for me. He's great at running plays down from behind, but if you run at him, he is kind of useless. Should've become dominant with those measurables, but never did. Had a good last year because of 'splash plays', but was sort of a rich man's Josh Shirley insofar as the stats and memorable plays were great, but he was a liability when he wasn't doing the one or two things he could do.
    Mid round picks normally fall under two categories. They are either guys who produced at a very high level, but don't have the measurables/athleticism or guys who do have the measurables, but had somewhat spotty production. Feeney is the latter.

He's an undersized LB who will be good on special teams and could develop into a serviceable starter. That sounds like a mid round pick to me.

The way you feel about Feeney is how I felt about Shelton. He had some great splash plays, but he mostly looked good only when playing shit competition. He wasn't all that good until his senior year.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    Feeney would be a pretty good nickel LB in the NFL. Maybe a pass-rusher off the edge as well in certain situations. I'm pretty sure he'll never be a full-time starter due to durability issues but I can see Ken Norton Jr. creaming his pants if Feeney is available in the 6th or 7th round (assuming he passes his physical).
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    TTJ said:

Buttah never comes off the field, he played almost the entire season his frosh year, played the most snaps of anyone on the defense that year.

This year he got a concussion and sprained his ankle. He didn't split time with Beaver.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Buttah never comes off the field, he played almost the entire season his frosh year, played the most snaps of anyone on the defense that year.

This year he got a concussion and sprained his ankle. He didn't split time with Beaver.

Sigh.