Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travis Feeney just murdered the combine

Amongst LBs:

#2 in 40 yard dash (4.50)
#1 in vertical jump (40")
#2 in broad jump (10'10")

And did it all while dealing with a hernia injury. Was definitely not expecting a performance like that.

Comments

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Bam MotherFuckers!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    So. Fucking. What.

Is there suddenly a position in the NFL where they don't block you and you get to just run plays down from behind?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

So. Fucking. What.

Is there suddenly a position in the NFL where they don't block you and you get to just run plays down from behind?

We both know he gets drafted. #GMslove40timesmorethanfootballplayers
    Swaye said:

So. Fucking. What.

We both know he gets drafted. #GMslove40timesmorethanfootballplayers
    He'll get drafted and they'll try to put him on special teams. And he'll do okay there, until it comes time to actually take the correct angles and not get blocked by people (everyone) who have a lower center of gravity than him.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

So. Fucking. What.

The combine is fascinating. How is it that men who have a decades of experience throw away a players 3-4 years in college for one weekend without pads or opposing players/schemes.

It will never make sense to me

So. Fucking. What.

The combine is fascinating. How is it that men who have a decades of experience throw away a players 3-4 years in college for one weekend without pads or opposing players/schemes.

Well, it started with good intentions. It used to be the case that there would be wildly varying information on kids coming out and it was a way to have everyone get the same info.

But these days it's just turned into complete stupidity.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

So. Fucking. What.

Dumbest fucking poast in a month. Congrats.

Oh, and BBK sucks as well, right.
    HuskyInAZ said:

So. Fucking. What.

Dumbest fucking poast in a month. Congrats.

Oh, and BBK sucks as well, right.
    THAKKS FOR RAEDIG!!!!!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club
    Feeney was good with great potential. Not surprised at all by his numbers.

He's not even invited to the combine under Sark.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    NFL GM's probably figure you can take a guy with physical skills like Feeney and get them coached up into a decent player.

I think it's because some of them know what the fuck they're doing.

Feeney needs some coaching up. If he gets it, and unfucks himself, he could be productive.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    dnc said:

So. Fucking. What.

The Seahawks believe that if somebody fits the profile athletically (and other measurables) they can coach up his skill level to where they want it. They've whiffed hard on some players with this philosophy, but obviously had plenty of success as well. They put a ton of emphasis on Sparq scores. Will be very interesting to see how Feeney sparqs since he's obviously lighter than most LB's.

I think Feeney will have a better pro career than Shaq.
    I would imagine this is true, but i still believe that seattle has been good at scouting as well. I'm just consistently amazed at the guys who go rocketing up the board purely based on doing things without a football.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    The LBers in this class are bad...so Feeney should be tops athletically.
    He's better than timu so he should get on a team.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited February 2016
    He's athletic enough to play strong safety to be honest
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'd be surprised if Feeney has a better career than Shaq - Feeney would have a lot of ground to make up in Year 1
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Feeney has always been a combine darling, he'll sink or swim based on that shoulder

This is an excellent poont. If his shoulder can't handle the roundin in the poudnin the whole poont will be moot.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited February 2016

Feeney has always been a combine darling, he'll sink or swim based on that shoulder

There's a lot of fucking Othopods in here....
    dnc said:

This is an excellent poont. If his shoulder can't handle the roundin in the poudnin the whole poont will be moot.
    Polk's held up nicely and he was updraftable