Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alijah Vera-Tucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhsJfyrwuI

Anybody got an update with him? Everyone seems to think UW is in the lead... but he's getting some major offers.

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hopefully the Kaufman connection continues to pay dividends. Just following Camilo, he seems like a guy who actively recruits for the program. His experience year 1 with Petersen can go a long way with the Washington's rep in the bay.

I'm not sure what Camilo's expectations are for a successful season year 1. Would a redshirt year be a failure in his eyes? Victor and Bierra are locked in as starters, BBK showed promise, Poto'oe looks like a for sure starter at Buck, and guys like Wooshing improved and got solid experience.

If player development continues like it has on the defensive side of the ball, it's not hard to think one of the many LBs to redshirt last year will be good.

This seems like a good problem to have, but would hate to see him get mop up duty and special teams work and lose snaps to a guy like Manu and consider transferring.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BBKs production is going to be hard to keep him off the field. My hope is that the younger Pot'oe will live up to the hype and strangle hold the Buck position. He looks like an absolute monster to me. Agree that Victor could move over into that roll if they see fit, but I'm from the thought that he's the best ILB in the P12 and why fuck with that?

I think you move Bierra to Sam and let BBK do his thing on the weak side. But if Camilo comes in and is ready day 1, it can't hurt having that athleticism in the rotation.

Luckily, UW has a true preseason to play with the lineups. I'd hate to see them go full Sark and play with their new toys without a game plan. Or even fuck around and get sniped by Portland State or Rutgers. We're not out of the woods enough as far as having a winning culture to be above an early season fuck up like that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Doogles said:

Hopefully the Kaufman connection continues to pay dividends. Just following Camilo, he seems like a guy who actively recruits for the program. His experience year 1 with Petersen can go a long way with the Washington's rep in the bay.

I'm not sure what Camilo's expectations are for a successful season year 1. Would a redshirt year be a failure in his eyes? Victor and Bierra are locked in as starters, BBK showed promise, Poto'oe looks like a for sure starter at Buck, and guys like Wooshing improved and got solid experience.

If player development continues like it has on the defensive side of the ball, it's not hard to think one of the many LBs to redshirt last year will be good.

This seems like a good problem to have, but would hate to see him get mop up duty and special teams work and lose snaps to a guy like Manu and consider transferring.

I don't think Eifler is going to redshirt. He was a big time recruit. He, Bartlett, and I assume Beavers will likely be battling it out at Sam. He's in the two deeps and on special teams. Bob Gregory told him the spot is open.

BBK will back up Victor and Bierria unless one moves to Sam or Buck. I could see Bierria possibly going to Sam and I also think Victor could play Buck, especially if the others guys aren't ready. I know many don't agree because he's such a good ILB, but he's a big LB and his weakness is in coverage. The past two years, the coaches have taken the best athlete from the front 7 and put them there. If the trend continues, that is probably Victor. I like the thought of him attacking and fucking up QB's.

An interesting thing to watch will be Warren, Manu, and Beavers. Like you said, the development on defense has been good, so one will probably be a lot better than we expect.
    TL, DR Summary:

Regardless, it will be interesting
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I've got some bad news for you...

SE says he's all but committed to UW.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I've got some bad news for you...

SE says he's all but committed to UW.

Christ.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I don't think Eifler is going to redshirt. He was a big time recruit. He, Bartlett, and I assume Beavers will likely be battling it out at Sam. He's in the two deeps and on special teams. Bob Gregory told him the spot is open.

BBK will back up Victor and Bierria unless one moves to Sam or Buck. I could see Bierria possibly going to Sam and I also think Victor could play Buck, especially if the others guys aren't ready. I know many don't agree because he's such a good ILB, but he's a big LB and his weakness is in coverage. The past two years, the coaches have taken the best athlete from the front 7 and put them there. If the trend continues, that is probably Victor. I like the thought of him attacking and fucking up QB's.

An interesting thing to watch will be Warren, Manu, and Beavers. Like you said, the development on defense has been good, so one will probably be a lot better than we expect.
    Not sold on BBK just because of his size and can he hold up all year.

I hate the idea of moving one of the best ILB's in college football in Victor to buck, but they have done that the last two years so we will see.

My hope is Potoae can play buck, but I'm concerned he's to big for the position (maybe he can give some of his excess weight to BBK).

Eifler won't redshirt. He will play on special teams and by the end of the year will be spelling the starters throughout the game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

TL, DR Summary:

You read it you bitch.
    When did I say that I didn't ... bitch???
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

TL, DR Summary:

You read it you bitch.
    When did I say that I didn't ... bitch???
    @Tequilla is basically just a fat Jesse Pinkman.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    This guys offer list has blown up...... UW on the outside looking in OR do I trust Ektard????
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    edited February 2016
    http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/02/alijah_vera-tucker_4-star_ol_n.html

UW is the favorite my ass....... Clearly states that he has the closest relationship with Oregon. Strausser better get his calls up to this kid. Cause we ain't getting Sarrell or Wyatt Davis!
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    Founders Club
    I think Camilo is a good enough athlete to play as a frosh, but I feel like in the recruiting video, Gregory said Camilo was really raw. I interpreted that as he's got a lot to learn from a fundamentals perspective. Play or not, there's no bad outcome for Camilo in my mind.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

I think Camilo is a good enough athlete to play as a frosh, but I feel like in the recruiting video, Gregory said Camilo was really raw. I interpreted that as he's got a lot to learn from a fundamentals perspective. Play or not, there's no bad outcome for Camilo in my mind.

He started playing football as a soph or junior in high school. He could use a RS year and UW has the depth to allow him one.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I hard a hard time pressing the 'WTF' button, Doogles, because I agree with the sentiment of your poast.

But in my defense, you did mention Psalm Wooching as a possible impediment to Eifler seeing the field.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513

Doogles said:

I hard a hard time pressing the 'WTF' button, Doogles, because I agree with the sentiment of your poast.

But in my defense, you did mention Psalm Wooching as a possible impediment to Eifler seeing the field.
    2016 is a throwaway season