Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alijah Vera-Tucker

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    oops, i meant Denise.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

oops, i meant Denise.

Buuuuuurrrrrrrrnnnn!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

oops, i meant Denise.

Get a fucking avatar or LEAVE!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Avatars solve the world's problems! And recruiting too ...
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Avatars Sigs solve the world's problems! And recruiting too ...

twerked.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC is a loser front-running school for glory boys.

I understand the pull of USC, but Petersen or Helton should be an easy choice. USC won't be a top 5 preseason team next year either. UW will.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098

I understand the pull of USC, but Petersen or Helton should be an easy choice. USC won't be a top 5 preseason team next year either. UW will.
    The more we plunger USC the easier that decision becomes for future generations of recruits. We haven't beaten USC by a touchdown since 1997. The high schooler perspective on history is not long. We haven't won by more than 5 in their entire lives. Petersen is clearly head and shoulders above Helton but we're working against a lot of mediocrity.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    I actually think Ross is the most important, he's hands down our best player IMO. After that we need at least 2/3 DTs to stay, then Victor
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

(Self flagging the poast to follow for #NextYear talk)

Hadn't really thought about preseason rankings, but you're probably right. Whether or not we deserve that or not will probably have everything to do with who declares early on the defense.

DL should still be dominant. The only player of note I'm worried about is Qualls (he's a junior). I'm not at all worried about replacing Mathis and Wooching (yes I realize they consider them LB's, whatever) despite their great production. We'll have great edge rushers next year.

LB is the scariest. Victor and Bierria are both juniors and arguably the two most irreplaceable players on the team, non Browning division. My guess is Victor goes and Bierria stays, which is probably manageable. If both stay we might win the natty, if both go we could be in trouble.

DB we could lose everybody that matters. King is gone, Baker and Jones are both juniors and both seem likely to go to the draft. Lake is a miracle worker and DB is probably our deepest position, but that's a ton of talent to replace.

I'm assuming/hoping none of the draft eligible sophomores go, but this junior class is probably what will make or break UW next year. That's six juniors with real draft prospects (plus the three seniors who are gone). We could have 8 starters back or 8 starters gone, with the truth obviously somewhere in the middle. Where in the middle will be the key.

IMO Bierria is probably the most important piece. If he comes back the DL is good enough to keep the defense at the top of the conference long enough for the new DB's to catchup. But if the LBs and the DB's are decimated, we could lose some shootouts early in the year.

EWIWBI.
    The defense will regress, how much don't know. But the offense should be even better as the only guy worth a shit we lose is Ross (likely).
    We shall see, but I'm not gonna worry about 2017 until 2016 is done
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If we do lose all those guys on defense next year might not be a playoff contender like this one is, but certainly a new years six bowl and pac-12 title contender
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2016
    KobeStan said:

I actually think Ross is the most important, he's hands down our best player IMO. After that we need at least 2/3 DTs to stay, then Victor

Disagree. I love me some Two Wins, but Pettis's resurgence this year coupled with McClatcher's emergence and the fact we can no recruit receivers leaves me pretty optimistic for the position next year. Obviously we'll miss Ross, but I think Browning will have even more weapons than he does now (if none quite as elite as Ross). The offense should be awesome next year.

As far as the DT's Vea and Gaines are sophomores so I'd be shocked if they leave. Qualls is probably 50-50. I think we'll be fine there.

Victor is probably gone.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    dnc said:

Hadn't really thought about preseason rankings, but you're probably right. Whether or not we deserve that or not will probably have everything to do with who declares early on the defense.

DL should still be dominant. The only player of note I'm worried about is Qualls (he's a junior). I'm not at all worried about replacing Mathis and Wooching (yes I realize they consider them LB's, whatever) despite their great production. We'll have great edge rushers next year.

LB is the scariest. Victor and Bierria are both juniors and arguably the two most irreplaceable players on the team, non Browning division. My guess is Victor goes and Bierria stays, which is probably manageable. If both stay we might win the natty, if both go we could be in trouble.

DB we could lose everybody that matters. King is gone, Baker and Jones are both juniors and both seem likely to go to the draft. Lake is a miracle worker and DB is probably our deepest position, but that's a ton of talent to replace.

I'm assuming/hoping none of the draft eligible sophomores go, but this junior class is probably what will make or break UW next year. That's six juniors with real draft prospects (plus the three seniors who are gone). We could have 8 starters back or 8 starters gone, with the truth obviously somewhere in the middle. Where in the middle will be the key.

IMO Bierria is probably the most important piece. If he comes back the DL is good enough to keep the defense at the top of the conference long enough for the new DB's to catchup. But if the LBs and the DB's are decimated, we could lose some shootouts early in the year.

EWIWBI.
    Yeah, once Shaq, Shelton, Kikaha, and Peters leave we'll be fucked.

Obviously at some point you do have a drop off on a given year because your classes can't monotonically improve every year, but I'll wait to assume any given player is irreplaceable, even if he is special (like Azeem) just because this staff actually seems to improve players from year to year.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

dnc said:

EWIWBI.
    Yeah, once Shaq, Shelton, Kikaha, and Peters leave we'll be fucked.

Obviously at some point you do have a drop off on a given year because your classes can't monotonically improve every year, but I'll wait to assume any given player is irreplaceable, even if he is special (like Azeem) just because this staff actually seems to improve players from year to year.
    Eh, Peters missed most of that year, so it was basically just replacing three (admittedly great) players after the season. We could potentially be replacing as many as 8 this year, and likely 6. I am a huge believer in this defensive staff, but at some point there's going to be a transition period.

The only way I think we're fucked is if we lose Victor and Bierria, and that's unlikely.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I really don't think we will lose more than 1 or 2 early to the draft. Jones/Budda are the only 2 on D I can see leaving early.
  • Options

I really don't think we will lose more than 1 or 2 early to the draft. Jones/Budda are the only 2 on D I can see leaving early.

If Victor comes back a) I'll be surprised b) we?ll be nasty