Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alijah Vera-Tucker

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    On Defense I fully expect the following to leave: Budda, Jones, Victor, and Qualls.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

I really don't think we will lose more than 1 or 2 early to the draft. Jones/Budda are the only 2 on D I can see leaving early.

If Victor comes back a) I'll be surprised b) we?ll be nasty
    Me too.

Guys with feces in their throats ain't about playin' school.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

On Defense I fully expect the following to leave: Budda, Jones, Victor, and Qualls.

Hope not, but this is probably realistic.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    To play the optimism card on Victor/Bierria... ILBs aren't a hot commodity in the NFL draft at all. Most all of them stay through their senior years, including the elite 1st round talent guys. Ryan Shazier and Benardrick McKinney were the only 2 in the last 3 years to declare a year early and actually get drafted in the top 2 rounds. I lean towards thinking they both stay.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Everybody needs to pump the brakes a bit on guys leaving and let it play out ... there's a lot of guys throughout the country that will be facing similar decisions and trying to figure out where everybody slots is a key consideration ... there is a fine line between leaving early and getting drafted at the right spot.

I think Jones is likely to leave ... Budda probably likely ... but it wouldn't shock me if he stayed if there was some unfinished business here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Everybody needs to pump the brakes a bit on guys leaving and let it play out ... there's a lot of guys throughout the country that will be facing similar decisions and trying to figure out where everybody slots is a key consideration ... there is a fine line between leaving early and getting drafted at the right spot.

I think Jones is likely to leave ... Budda probably likely ... but it wouldn't shock me if he stayed if there was some unfinished business here.

@GrandpaSankey's dead grandmother can see Budda's gone.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

KobeStan said:

I actually think Ross is the most important, he's hands down our best player IMO. After that we need at least 2/3 DTs to stay, then Victor

Disagree. I love me some Two Wins, but Pettis's resurgence this year coupled with McClatcher's emergence and the fact we can no recruit receivers leaves me pretty optimistic for the position next year. Obviously we'll miss Ross, but I think Browning will have even more weapons than he does now (if none quite as elite as Ross). The offense should be awesome next year.

As far as the DT's Vea and Gaines are sophomores so I'd be shocked if they leave. Qualls is probably 50-50. I think we'll be fine there.

Victor is probably gone.
    O should be good next year with at least one of the freshman receivers playing, but Ross is such a special player that I do think they'll miss him over the first six games.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Show some respect asshole

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2016
    More unrelated than bashing the kid but I've never understood this pull that usc and to a lesser extent ucla have always had that gets them this amazing recruiting talent from not just LA but nationwide. Outside of Pete Carroll no one has won consistently at either school for 30 years. Maybe it's because I don't really like la, but if i were a recruit I'd much rather go play real football at an sec school or Clemson or fsu or Ohio state or something.
    I get the weather and holywood is a factor but I've just never understood it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

We don't know who will or won't go until they say so ... some have educational goals ... some have team goals ... some have personal goals ... some have developmental goals

That's all I'm saying ...

But as I said, if I'm betting I'd say Budda leaving is more likely than not