Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brown getting canned after 8-5, 9-4 seasons

13»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited September 2013
    imageI'm all for boobs. Kind of meh on Harv.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Global said:

CDJ averaged 8.5 wins a year, though he got better as his career progressed and Mack seems to be regressing.

8.5 wins in the Don James era = 10 wins in the extra game and fucktarded schedule era.
    13 games times the DJ career win percentage .726 equals an average of 9.44 wins per season. He was basically an 8-3 coach over his career. It means most seasons today with 13 games would be 9-4 or 10-3. Some 11-2, 12-1 and 13-0, balanced with some 8-5 and some 7-6.

Look at DJ's record in detail and you see a lot of 10-2 (five times actually), which meant mathematically that there were a lot more 7 and 8 win seasons than most fans like to recall.

But the DJ standard in today's 13 game schedule is 9 or 10 wins per season on average. That is a high bar, but achievable.
    9.44 rounds up to 10 when you schedule a FCS game every year.
    Kinda sorta. In the DJ years we always had the ABC scheduling, so there was always a game against a team that was a easy win, but I won't argue that an FCS team win is easier than the C game win in earlier years. But I don't think it actually changes the math of the win percentage. The UW should never lose to a C team whether it is Pacific (in the old days) or Eastern Washington.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Global said:

Global said:

CDJ averaged 8.5 wins a year, though he got better as his career progressed and Mack seems to be regressing.

8.5 wins in the Don James era = 10 wins in the extra game and fucktarded schedule era.
    13 games times the DJ career win percentage .726 equals an average of 9.44 wins per season. He was basically an 8-3 coach over his career. It means most seasons today with 13 games would be 9-4 or 10-3. Some 11-2, 12-1 and 13-0, balanced with some 8-5 and some 7-6.

Look at DJ's record in detail and you see a lot of 10-2 (five times actually), which meant mathematically that there were a lot more 7 and 8 win seasons than most fans like to recall.

But the DJ standard in today's 13 game schedule is 9 or 10 wins per season on average. That is a high bar, but achievable.
    Kinda sorta. In the DJ years we always had the ABC scheduling, so there was always a game against a team that was a easy win, but I won't argue that an FCS team win is easier than the C game win in earlier years. But I don't think it actually changes the math of the win percentage. The UW should never lose to a C team whether it is Pacific (in the old days) or Eastern Washington.
    Pacific was a D. Big Sky teams are an F.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Global said:

Global said:

I fully agree. My point is simply that both are guaranteed wins. So while I deplore scheduling F teams (but I still went to the game today), scheduling either one is the same result. So the same 9.44 win average is expected. I don't think we round up from 9.44 to 10 because our C games now are easier than our earlier guaranteed wins.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Global said:

Global said:

Global said:

I fully agree. My point is simply that both are guaranteed wins. So while I deplore scheduling F teams (but I still went to the game today), scheduling either one is the same result. So the same 9.44 win average is expected. I don't think we round up from 9.44 to 10 because our C games now are easier than our earlier guaranteed wins.
    D's were guaranteed wins with a good coach. F's are guaranteed wins even with an average coach.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

open wide..
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

AZDuck said:

open wide..
    Be careful, she might try to steal your soul through your dong.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    She gets cuter as the night progresses - I remember her time in Seattle. 7-11, back in the day, serving up a classy Cheesy British w/ a smile and an affordable hj.