Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brown getting canned after 8-5, 9-4 seasons

And a runner up to MNC in '10, and the crystal in '05 (Dumbshits think Saban is coming ) Oh Sark how could we even talk of firing you. 9-4 is a massive disappointment anywhere but Seattle. Better go 10-2 at the worst this year though, I got you nailed down to win the North (then you can return to 7-6 with a sophomore QB that hasn't taken a snap.)

You better not let me down homey! Then you and your sun soaked wife can move back to Cali.. and coach the Spartans. They have the same standards we do .

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    You still here?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,875 Founders Club
    wow, just wow.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

And a runner up to MNC in '10, and the crystal in '05 (Dumbshits think Saban is coming ) Oh Sark how could we even talk of firing you. 9-4 is a massive disappointment anywhere but Seattle. Better go 10-2 at the worst this year though, I got you nailed down to win the North (then you can return to 7-6 with a sophomore QB that hasn't taken a snap.)

You better not let me down homey! Then you and your sun soaked wife can move back to Cali.. and coach the Spartans. They have the same standards we do .

So you think Lindquist wins the jerb, or did you miss Cyley twerking in the 4th quarter against Boise?

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    CDJ averaged 8.5 wins a year, though he got better as his career progressed and Mack seems to be regressing.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't quit you.
  • CDJ averaged 8.5 wins a year, though he got better as his career progressed and Mack seems to be regressing.

8.5 wins in the Don James era = 10 wins in the extra game and fucktarded schedule era.
    THIS! I hate when Doogs bring up "You'd fire James then cause he didn't win more than 7 regular season games until year 5" blah blah blah.

Big difference between going 7-4 against a schedule with no cream puffs like Idaho State than going 7-6 with an Idaho State/Portland State.
  • TitusPulloTitusPullo Member Posts: 146
    True, there were no cream puffs on the schedule. But Oregon State, Oregon, Cal, and Stanford in those days were usually pretty bad and damn near cupcake level. Even the Arizona schools always sucked except a few good years in the 90's.
  • The Arizona schools have never been cup cake bad though.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

CDJ averaged 8.5 wins a year, though he got better as his career progressed and Mack seems to be regressing.

8.5 wins in the Don James era = 10 wins in the extra game and fucktarded schedule era.
    I just love playing devil's advocate.

Are we sure? That extra game is now in conference. Do I need to post that stat about the NW schools during that era?

Also, this goes for all coaches. One of the most significant changes has been the reduction of scholarships to 85. That is why you have seen the rise of the mid major + the top level of sub division be able to compete with BCS schools.

Spin machine on in 3, 2, 1....
    Do you mean magical 7-4-1 seasons like this?

W = Stanford, Purdue, Pacific, Tulane, ASU, Beavs, WSU

T = Arizona

Pacific & Tulane may have been considered Div 1, but with the 100 scholarship rule, they were getting the players that now go to the subdivision.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Are we sure? That extra game is now in conference. Do I need to post that stat about the NW schools during that era?

Also, this goes for all coaches. One of the most significant changes has been the reduction of scholarships to 85. That is why you have seen the rise of the mid major + the top level of sub division be able to compete with BCS schools.

The extra conference game is against Colorado or Utah. This just in: they fucking suck. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm glad the 85 scholarship limit has brought the field back to Alabama and USC though. That's always a strong take.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

T = Arizona

Pacific & Tulane may have been considered Div 1, but with the 100 scholarship rule, they were getting the players that now go to the subdivision.

That compares quite well to Sark's magical 2010 season of 6-6 (bowl game excluded for comparison purposes):

Syracuse, USC (only 8-5 in 2010), OSU, Cal, UCLA, WSU. Note the last four teams were all fucking dreck in 2010.

I appreciate all the research you are doing to prove my point for me.

The extra conference game is against Colorado or Utah. This just in: they fucking suck. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm glad the 85 scholarship limit has brought the field back to Alabama and USC though. That's always a strong take.
    Hold the phone, you can say Utah & Colorado suck, but if someone mentions the Pac 10 was a joke outside of UW, USC and UCLA for most years they are a Doog. Classic.

And if you can't see the 85 scholly rule change the landscape of college football, I can't help you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Irish dogs gotta doog. #hesnotdefendingsark #really

T = Arizona

That compares quite well to Sark's magical 2010 season of 6-6 (bowl game excluded for comparison purposes):

Syracuse, USC (only 8-5 in 2010), OSU, Cal, UCLA, WSU. Note the last four teams were all fucking dreck in 2010.

I appreciate all the research you are doing to prove my point for me.

Pacific & Tulane compare to beating Pac 12 teams or Syracuse?? WTF??

Just a reminder, the majority of the Pac 10 was "fucking dreck" until the Oregon schools discovered football in the mid to late 90's.

And to the other dip shit who chimed in, this is a discussion about the college football landscape, not individual coaches.

Now SSBIAFF.