Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

White Privilege

13»

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I fucking love being white. I love that even though my debt to income ratio sucks, I can walk into any bank and ask about a loan and some dipshit will waste 20 minutes of his time trying to figure out how he can give me money.
    I love that I'm able to own a business that is not a barbershop or a mini mart in a shitty area.

I love that my two sons were raised so that if they are ever shot by the cops, I can be fairly secure in the knowledge that they must have really fucked up, but the odds of it happening are miniscule.
    I love that I can play golf on pretty much any course I want.

*I hate that I can't dunk tho.

WHITE AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

I've been very fortunate in my interactions with cops, but I see the same reports that everyone else sees and I don't see how you could conclude there isn't a police abuse problem in this country. And that doesn't even get to my political beliefs concerning how the police are the armed enforcement apparatus of the government, and the problems inherent in that.

A) Nobody is perfect.

B) There are over 100,000 police to citizen interactions everyday. Sometimes mistakes are mad.

C) Media.

D) Profit.
    The "sometimes mistakes are mad" end up with innocents dying at the hands of the state. And you apparently can just shrug it off. Fuck you.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I fucking love being white. I love that even though my debt to income ratio sucks, I can walk into any bank and ask about a loan and some dipshit will waste 20 minutes of his time trying to figure out how he can give me money.
    I love that I'm able to own a business that is not a barbershop or a mini mart in a shitty area.

I love that my two sons were raised so that if they are ever shot by the cops, I can be fairly secure in the knowledge that they must have really fucked up, but the odds of it happening are miniscule.
    I love that I can play golf on pretty much any course I want.

*I hate that I can't dunk tho.

WHITE AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Chincredibled cuz your poaster name always makes me think of Alexie, definitely not white.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

I've been very fortunate in my interactions with cops, but I see the same reports that everyone else sees and I don't see how you could conclude there isn't a police abuse problem in this country. And that doesn't even get to my political beliefs concerning how the police are the armed enforcement apparatus of the government, and the problems inherent in that.

A) Nobody is perfect.

B) There are over 100,000 police to citizen interactions everyday. Sometimes mistakes are mad.

C) Media.

D) Profit.
    The "sometimes mistakes are mad" end up with innocents dying at the hands of the state. And you apparently can just shrug it off. Fuck you.
    Such a bleeder B.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The police suck. And the minority (specifically black) culture sucks.
    Abundance
  • Options
    I have no issues with unisex bathrooms.
    Locker rooms? Sorry. Can't please everyone
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

I have no issues with unisex bathrooms.
    Locker rooms? Sorry. Can't please everyone

Yay fuck me for posting in the wrong thread.
    Carry on