Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

White Privilege

Comments

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

" It's unacceptable that my kids' classmates and teammates had to be told they couldn't trust their law enforcement officers."

What's unacceptable is that parents of any race are telling their kids they can't trust LEOs. Do they also tell their kids to not trust other minority children? Statistically, those children pose exponentially more of a threat to their safety than police officers do.

I can explain why they shouldn't trust the cops. Can you explain why minority children are more of a threat?
    I'll play . Minority parents tend to let their kids run way more buck wild than their gringo counterparts. Minority kids tend to disrespect authority at a higher rate than their cracker counterparts. The evidence lies in the census race claimed of the incarcerated individual compared to the proprotion of census race claimed of non incarcerated individuals. You can call it a generalized racist stance. The rest of us will call it fact.

Now your turn. Why shouldn't you trust the cops if you didn't break the law?
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cops-shoot-and-kill-man-holding-toy-gun-walmart
    Kreist. Press much???

So a 22 y/o waving a toy gun around in a WalMart is just normal behaviour. It's tragic that the dude was shot but when you are 22 y/o waving around to guns in public Bad shit tends to happen.
    The fuck?

He picked that toy up off a shelf in the damn store. And was killed for doing so.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I'm one of those people who doesn't think that many police are racist. I do think many of them are complete assholes with little man syndrome and corrupt as hell.

The job attracts a certain type

Yeah, that's probably true.
  • Options

I'm one of those people who doesn't think that many police are racist. I do think many of them are complete assholes with little man syndrome and corrupt as hell.

The job attracts a certain type

My default reaction is to actively distrust those people who sign up to be issued weapons and be authorized to enforce the state's power at the end of a gun barrel. They're guilty until proven innocent in my mind.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'll take the right wing position on why you shouldn't trust cops. Waco. Ruby Ridge. It doesn't matter if you are some poor blick kid in Detroit walking in the hood at night, or some white separatist hanging out in Idaho. There is an element in the LEO community that loves to abuse power. Not all of them of course, but some segment DOES like enforcing their will on people, and woe be unto you if you come into their crosshairs.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

" It's unacceptable that my kids' classmates and teammates had to be told they couldn't trust their law enforcement officers."

What's unacceptable is that parents of any race are telling their kids they can't trust LEOs. Do they also tell their kids to not trust other minority children? Statistically, those children pose exponentially more of a threat to their safety than police officers do.

I can explain why they shouldn't trust the cops. Can you explain why minority children are more of a threat?
    Because they are. How many minorities under 18 are killed by other minorities under 18 every year? How many minorities under 18 are killed by the police every year? Do you actually want to dispute that the former is a lot higher than the latter, or do I need to waste my time pulling up the relevant statistics?

Nobody is disputing that minorities are disproportionately mistreated by the police. But it's a vast minority that are guilty of doing so, and teaching your children that the police as a whole cannot be trusted is counterproductive and exacerbates the problem even further.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

I'll play . Minority parents tend to let their kids run way more buck wild than their gringo counterparts. Minority kids tend to disrespect authority at a higher rate than their cracker counterparts. The evidence lies in the census race claimed of the incarcerated individual compared to the proprotion of census race claimed of non incarcerated individuals. You can call it a generalized racist stance. The rest of us will call it fact.

Because they'll try to pin it on whomever is easiest to pin it on - regardless of who the perp was, you stupid ass.

You must never tire of being stupid because it's so easy for you.

Give me an example of how your burnout ass was threatened by the cops when you didn't do anything wrong.
    How 'bout I just tell you to go fuck yourself instead?
    Your ITF award is gonna look special next to year DOTY award.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In the 60's it was lots of white hippies getting the shit beat out of them by cops for having long hair, tie-dye shirts and smoking weed. Some were shot and killed, too. It's about power. The cops have it, with society's backing, for a reason. And the street isn't the place to litigate right and wrong, probable cause, misidentification, racism etc., etc., etc. Cooperate with the MAN and he goes easy on you. Fuck with him and his blue-clad storm-troopers and it's likely to turn out bad. No, it's not fair, but it's reality. And that's what we need to be teaching our kids. Trust? No. Wrong lesson. Realpolitik? There it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.”
    Fucking MSNBC know-nothing, dip-shit, anti-gun freak liberals intentionally mislead the public by calling it a "toy gun." A pellet or BB gun isn't a fucking toy, and that particular model looks like the real thing. And why was he carrying it outside the box?

Doesn't explain, excuse or justify the shooting by itself, but Holy Fuck MSNBC! Tell the fucking truth and quit burying the facts. Telling the whole story would reduce the story's racial click-bait propaganda value by complicating the story with facts. MSNBC is the Pravda of the U.S. Left.
    "Toy gun?" Fucking lying assholes.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2016

In the 60's it was lots of white hippies getting the shit beat out of them by cops for having long hair, tie-dye shirts and smoking weed. Some were shot and killed, too. It's about power. The cops have it, with society's backing, for a reason. And the street isn't the place to litigate right and wrong, probable cause, misidentification, racism etc., etc., etc. Cooperate with the MAN and he goes easy on you. Fuck with him and his blue-clad storm-troopers and it's likely to turn out bad. No, it's not fair, but it's reality. And that's what we need to be teaching our kids. Trust? No. Wrong lesson. Realpolitik? There it is.

How is that much different than being an employee?

Everybody has to suck dick to the man until they become the man. The sooner the oppressed little ones figure that out, the sooner they can spend their energy on getting out of dick sucking position.

• Options

Everybody has to suck dick to the man until they become the man. The sooner the oppressed little ones figure that out, the sooner they can spend their energy on getting out of dick sucking position.

Dirty job? Does it involve a gimp in a trunk?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A

You always have a boss. A REAL boss or customers as your boss. We are all dick suckers at heart
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

A

You always have a boss. A REAL boss or customers as your boss. We are all dick suckers at heart
    Seventy-five Kay Post o' the Day.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Kreist. Press much???

So a 22 y/o waving a toy gun around in a WalMart is just normal behaviour. It's tragic that the dude was shot but when you are 22 y/o waving around to guns in public Bad shit tends to happen.
    The fuck?

He picked that toy up off a shelf in the damn store. And was killed for doing so.
    Just picked it up. Wasn't messing around with people inside the store? The article said
    that He was playing video games with it too. It's tragic and unavoidable but in 2014, you can't Be a grown man playing with toy guns in a public place.

There's this thing called an active shooter that happens every 3 to 4 months ya see.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Kreist. Press much???

The fuck?

Just picked it up. Wasn't messing around with people inside the store? The article said
    that He was playing video games with it too. It's tragic and unavoidable but in 2014, you can't Be a grown man playing with toy guns in a public place.

There's this thing called an active shooter that happens every 3 to 4 months ya see.
    so, I'll mark you down with the "if it saves just one life" crowd of cop-fellating chumps
  • Options
    Ohio’s attorney general, who was asked by Beavercreek police to investigate the case, confirmed Crawford was holding a MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/Pellet Rifle when he was shot to death.
    The former Marine who called police said Crawford looked to be attempting to load the black air rifle and ignored police commands to drop the weapon.
    “He looked like he was going to go violently,” said Ronald Ritchie. “If he would have dropped the weapon, he could have came out with his life, but unfortunately, he didn’t.”
    The department’s chief, Dennis Evers, said officers Sean Williams and David Darkow acted appropriately.
    “The officers gave verbal commands to the subject to drop the weapon,” Evers said in a statement. “The subject … was shot after failing to comply with the officers’ commands. The quick response of officers was instrumental in containing this situation and minimizing the risk to customers.”
    -------------------------------------------
    @blackie: It sounds like a tragic failure of communication. Guy was on the phone, probably didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. Cops on edge because of "active shooter" situations. He's thinking "This is crazy, I can explain.." while cops are clicking off the safeties 'cause he's not dropping the weapon, one guy fires, which causes more to shoot. Fucked up situation, yet all-too human. I resent, however, MSNBC's hysterical, inaccurate, critical fact-free coverage of this story, because we can never fix what we don't know.
  • Options
    Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Kreist. Press much???

The fuck?

so, I'll mark you down with the "if it saves just one life" crowd of cop-fellating chumps
    Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

Kreist. Press much???

The fuck?

Whatever gets ya through the night.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've been very fortunate in my interactions with cops, but I see the same reports that everyone else sees and I don't see how you could conclude there isn't a police abuse problem in this country. And that doesn't even get to my political beliefs concerning how the police are the armed enforcement apparatus of the government, and the problems inherent in that.
  • Options
    Nothing I've posted denies the huge problems we have with overzealous and abusive cops throughout the country. But there's a lot of good cops out there who can't do their jobs without community cooperation and, above all, communication. Camps have formed and people are digging in on their positions and demands, but the opposite has to happen. All sides have talked, but few have really listened.
  • Options

I've been very fortunate in my interactions with cops, but I see the same reports that everyone else sees and I don't see how you could conclude there isn't a police abuse problem in this country. And that doesn't even get to my political beliefs concerning how the police are the armed enforcement apparatus of the government, and the problems inherent in that.

A) Nobody is perfect.

B) There are over 100,000 police to citizen interactions everyday. Sometimes mistakes are mad.

C) Media.

D) Profit.