Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Antonin Scalia dead

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

topdawgnc said:

The recess appointment would be best.

Let Obama put his gay male, Arab, or transgender in place.

Then when the new President is elected we can change direction ... Or not

Big turnout usually helps the Dems - minorities, women, helots, ducks. If the Senate holds up Obummer's nominee they hand the Dems an issue for the Senate races - in a year the Dems look to be picking up seats (not an editorial comment - just a favorable map). Give the wimmens and the blicks a reason to show up and it could go very poorly.

Maybe the most chincredible outcome would be for the GOP to stall, Hillary to get elected, and put Obummer on the bench.

It would be smart for both Hillary and Bernie to float this idea.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So many compassionate liberals in this thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

shit post
    I am SHOCKED and APPALLED that a military man would show such DISRESPECT to a fellow AMERICAN who dedicated their LIFE to serving our GREAT nation. WOOF!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

shit post
    I am SHOCKED and APPALLED that a military man would show such DISRESPECT to a fellow AMERICAN who dedicated their LIFE to serving our GREAT nation. WOOF!
    much better

needs moar WHOSE SENSE? DAWG SENSE!!

but otherwise solid
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

shit post
    He LIVES!!1!

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Good. Ding dong the witch is dead.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I guess I just don't give a fuck. Aren't most of the major issues settled? They finally got around to guns in 2008, abortion was nailed (heh) down in 73, and Miranda's been on the books for decades. What huge pressing constitutional issues are left that are going to affect me?

IDGAF
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    AZDuck said:
    Disagree
    "Advise and CONSENT"
    Consent: Give permission for something to happen.
    Part of the checks and balances are that the presidential nomination must be approved by the senate. It is not unconstitutional for the senate to not consent to a presidential nomination. I am not sure what reading of the constitution would lead to the conclusion that the senate "must" accept a presidential nominee or ratify (which requires two-thirds majority of the senate) a treaty. The constitution does say that the senate must have "non-political reasons" for disagreeing with an appointment.
    If the senate thinks that the president is appointing someone who will not faithfully interpret the constitution, then isn't their duty to deny consent?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    AZDuck said:

topdawgnc said:

Big turnout usually helps the Dems - minorities, women, helots, ducks. If the Senate holds up Obummer's nominee they hand the Dems an issue for the Senate races - in a year the Dems look to be picking up seats (not an editorial comment - just a favorable map). Give the wimmens and the blicks a reason to show up and it could go very poorly.

Maybe the most chincredible outcome would be for the GOP to stall, Hillary to get elected, and put Obummer on the bench.

Blacks and women DGAF about the SCOTUS

HTH
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Robert Bork says your pussies. Senate doesn't have to vote yes on any nomination

Everybody does it!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I guess I just don't give a fuck. Aren't most of the major issues settled? They finally got around to guns in 2008, abortion was nailed (heh) down in 73, and Miranda's been on the books for decades. What huge pressing constitutional issues are left that are going to affect me?

IDGAF

The right to kill these pasty cocksuckers that took your land?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

topdawgnc said:

So that's one vote for Muslim.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

AZDuck said:
    Disagree
    "Advise and CONSENT"
    Consent: Give permission for something to happen.
    Part of the checks and balances are that the presidential nomination must be approved by the senate. It is not unconstitutional for the senate to not consent to a presidential nomination. I am not sure what reading of the constitution would lead to the conclusion that the senate "must" accept a presidential nominee or ratify (which requires two-thirds majority of the senate) a treaty. The constitution does say that the senate must have "non-political reasons" for disagreeing with an appointment.
    If the senate thinks that the president is appointing someone who will not faithfully interpret the constitution, then isn't their duty to deny consent?
    Absolutely. But the Senate GOP leaders have already said they will block Obama's nominee, without there actually being a nominee yet. If they had at least waited until someone was tapped they could have used the veil of "non-political reasons" to obstruct it, but they blew their load too soon.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Just as I predicted, Cruz has vowed to block any appointment made by Obama under the banner of "the voters should decide" (although not the voters in 2012 apparently). This maneuver essentially opens the playbook up for the dems. Their best bet would be to nominate a black center-left justice and force the GOP to block. Then beat the issue into the ground for 10 months.
  • Options

Just as I predicted, Cruz has vowed to block any appointment made by Obama under the banner of "the voters should decide" (although not the voters in 2012 apparently). This maneuver essentially opens the playbook up for the dems. Their best bet would be to nominate a black center-left justice and force the GOP to block. Then beat the issue into the ground for 10 months.

concur
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,950
    AZDuck said:

topdawgnc said:

While that may be a sweatpants boner for some leftists, neither Hilary or Bern are stupid enough to cede power to der Barrack for the remainder of his natural born life.

I also think you'd see a fucking MELTDOWN in the flyovers if that happened. And those fuckers have a lot of guns and religion and land on which to lay siege.

• Options
    It will also be fun to see the rightie tighties in the Senate tell us why the guy that just got appointed to the DC Circuit and confirmed by a 97-0 vote is "extreme and unqualified"

KOMO link, buttfuckers!