Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Do You Side With...?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Thinking one case proves there are more cases. This is the generation with all those critical thinking skills I've been hearing about.

Patiently waiting for any counterpoint that includes evidence that there are not cases of voter fraud.
    I can't prove God doesn't exist as well.
    And don't you forget it!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I would never give up freedoms ... that's insane.

And I don't at all buy that giving law enforcement the opportunity to protect is a sacrificing of liberties if done correctly. Knowing all of my conversations, what I send by email, etc., is insane and doesn't need to happen without a warrant. Cross checking my calls against other numbers, etc. in the form of data I don't find as a problem.

Some may have a problem with people even knowing who they are talking to. I don't. Some may hate airport security. I can live with it. Some things are inconveniences but they are far from deal breakers to me.

Except it's not being done correctly.

Other than that, I'm glad you draw the line at not sacrificing ALL of your freedoms.

Wake up, sheeple.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I'm still clinging to my guns and religion.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I took it again and feel the Bern was 93% again, Hills was 85 or something and now Jebediah was up to 60. Huckabee wasn't even near what he was the first time.

It said something like center left authoritarian.

To really d be as accurate as possible one should probably do all 10-15 questions from each section and slide the importance scale if applicable. I only did three on some and the full 12 or so on others and I forgot to check the importance scale half the time.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Thinking one case proves there are more cases. This is the generation with all those critical thinking skills I've been hearing about.

Patiently waiting for any counterpoint that includes evidence that there are not cases of voter fraud.
    From a guy who studies voter fraud:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

Our apathetic citizenry can barely vote once, let alone fraudulently register and vote multiple times. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Democrats want to make it as easy as possible for people to register and vote so they can turn out the lazy and unemployed. Republicans want to suppress the vote to prevent these same people from voting against them. Screw all of our failed leaders for letting it get to this point (similar to what flea said).
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Woof said:

salemcoog said:

From a guy who studies voter fraud:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

Our apathetic citizenry can barely vote once, let alone fraudulently register and vote multiple times. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Democrats want to make it as easy as possible for people to register and vote so they can turn out the lazy and unemployed. Republicans want to suppress the vote to prevent these same people from voting against them. Screw all of our failed leaders for letting it get to this point (similar to what flea said).
    Their talking point from this will be "31 cases! We told you it was an epidemic!".
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter

Lol at the ~80% of Libertarians against mandatory vaccinations.

I get this argument. But think about it...violence and coersion aren't the only means of influencing people to do something. Easily more than 80% of libertarians believe that children should be vaccinated.
    I believe kids should get vaccinated because kids, if not coat-hangered in the third trimester, should be given a chance to live. I don't need the fucking government to tell me that.

But I do need the fucking government to make all those dumbfucks who SHOULD have coathangered their babies and don't like their kids living longer to get theirs vaccinated so I"m not just paying for their WIC program AND their healthcare more than absolutely necessary.

That's the wrong direction, though. Your main issue should be with WIC and Medicaid, and by endorsing mandatory vaccinations you are indirectly supporting those social programs.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

That being said, I've got no problem sacrificing some rights for greater security.

Go ahead and sacrifice them, then. That's fine. But if you want to make me sacrifice mine, you're an asshole.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941

Lol at the ~80% of Libertarians against mandatory vaccinations.

I get this argument. But think about it...violence and coersion aren't the only means of influencing people to do something. Easily more than 80% of libertarians believe that children should be vaccinated.
    I believe kids should get vaccinated because kids, if not coat-hangered in the third trimester, should be given a chance to live. I don't need the fucking government to tell me that.

But I do need the fucking government to make all those dumbfucks who SHOULD have coathangered their babies and don't like their kids living longer to get theirs vaccinated so I"m not just paying for their WIC program AND their healthcare more than absolutely necessary.

That's the wrong direction, though. Your main issue should be with WIC and Medicaid, and by endorsing mandatory vaccinations you are indirectly supporting those social programs.
    I'm supporting more coat-hangering by dumbfucks in the third trimester.

If the little fucks make it out, give them a shot.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

95% Feelin the Bern.

So you're a lazy gubermint saggy tit sucker. Fuck you
    Sorry, no. I assume I scored so well with Bernie (and Paul was my top GOP) because I think the NSA is shitting on our privacy rights (for no gain), our foreign policy is retarded, and that corporate campaign contributions and gerrymandering are corrupt and undemocratic.

Also, I have a LOT more money than you do.

Is it Friday yet?
    Is the NSA not gaining because it is infringing on privacy or because we're not utilizing it effectively?

Although we all have our own skeletons one way or another, I guess I look at privacy as the type of thing that it's not a huge issue if you have nothing to hide. And in a world where "the enemy" is completely changing the way in which the game is played, you have to change the way that you think about the game as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't have a problem standing in line at the airport for an hour to go through security if it is being done effectively. And likewise, I don't have a problem with people scanning through my phone records for messages or calls that I may make. I don't have anything to hide in that regard and if somehow I am in communication with someone that does have something to hide and get contacted, then I'd be interested in doing what I could do to my part.
    good grief
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

That being said, I've got no problem sacrificing some rights for greater security.

Go ahead and sacrifice them, then. That's fine. But if you want to make me sacrifice mine, you're an asshole.
    That's a very fair point ... hadn't really thought about it from that perspective.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm shaking and about to vomit
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

95% Feelin the Bern.

Sorry, no. I assume I scored so well with Bernie (and Paul was my top GOP) because I think the NSA is shitting on our privacy rights (for no gain), our foreign policy is retarded, and that corporate campaign contributions and gerrymandering are corrupt and undemocratic.

Is it Friday yet?
    No cunt you dont
  • Options

95% Feelin the Bern.

Is it Friday yet?
    No cunt you dont
    Sounds like something a poor person would say.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2016
    Tequilla said:

I would never give up freedoms ... that's insane.

And I don't at all buy that giving law enforcement the opportunity to protect is a sacrificing of liberties if done correctly. Knowing all of my conversations, what I send by email, etc., is insane and doesn't need to happen without a warrant. Cross checking my calls against other numbers, etc. in the form of data I don't find as a problem.

Some may have a problem with people even knowing who they are talking to. I don't. Some may hate airport security. I can live with it. Some things are inconveniences but they are far from deal breakers to me.

You just said you'd have "no problem giving up some rights." If you have a right to free speech you have freedom of speech. I'm sure you'll write a TL;DR about the difference between rights and freedoms. But there's a reason it's called the Bill of Rights and each amendment is broken down as a "freedom." i.e. freedom of speech.

For example, the 4th Amendment. You know, the one that gives you the freedom to travel within the country unmolested unless provided a search warrant first, obtained by a judge for a specific reason? You would never give up freedoms, eh? So I take it you've stopped all domestic air travel since 9/11 since you would never give up your 4th Amendment freedoms. Right? Or do you believe that simply traveling on a moving air vehicle is "probable cause"?
  • Options
    Look at all these TUFF guys here that are sick and tired of their tax dollars going to programs like WIC.

Christ
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

95% Feelin the Bern.

Is it Friday yet?
    No cunt you dont
    the projection is strong in this 1
  • Options

95% Feelin the Bern.

Is it Friday yet?
    No cunt you dont
    the projection is strong in this 1
    Go pick my cotton, boy.