Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Do You Side With...?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's not an issue that I pay too much attention to.

I'm about 99% certain that whether it is the NSA, TSA, _SA, or whatever, the government can and should run it better.

That being said, I've got no problem sacrificing some rights for greater security. I will always side on trying to find ways to stop activities before they happen than after they happen. I fully realize that you can't always do that ... and even at that probably can't do it at any kind of high rate.

But at the same time, take what happened in San Bernadino. There were plenty of warning signs available to see that something wasn't right. If that event can be prevented, then I'm all for it. You can't place a value on lives.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

This thread triggered a memory that Tequilla was questioning whether to go to Dallas because of Ebola. I'm ashamed that I remember that, but I do. It all makes sense now.

Tequilla said:

I'm about 99% certain that whether it is the NSA, TSA, _SA, or whatever, the government can and should run it better.

That being said, I've got no problem sacrificing some rights for greater security. I will always side on trying to find ways to stop activities before they happen than after they happen. I fully realize that you can't always do that ... and even at that probably can't do it at any kind of high rate.

But at the same time, take what happened in San Bernadino. There were plenty of warning signs available to see that something wasn't right. If that event can be prevented, then I'm all for it. You can't place a value on lives.

A trigger warning for this drivel would be nice next time.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Our slave owning ancestors respectfully disagree.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    When the FBI says they have to literally fuck you in the ass to fight terrorism, I hope @Tequilla is ok with it. I mean if it's for our security and all, how could you resist?
  • Options

When the FBI says they have to literally fuck you in the ass to fight terrorism, I hope @Tequilla is ok with it. I mean if it's for our security and all, how could you resist?

You fucktards clearly missed the part where I said that it could and should be run better.

You have your heads in the sand if you don't think that the plotting, etc. for activity isn't happening on phones and the internet.

As for Dallas and Ebola, you're damn right that I'm going to pay attention to what is going on around me, or where I'm going, and make appropriate decisions. When I made the comment that I made, it was at the onset of the outbreak. As I educated myself on the subject and talked with those that had greater knowledge of the subject than me, it was easier to understand the associated dangers and plan accordingly.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

You fucktards clearly missed the part where I said that it could and should be run better.

You have your heads in the sand if you don't think that the plotting, etc. for activity isn't happening on phones and the internet.

As for Dallas and Ebola, you're damn right that I'm going to pay attention to what is going on around me, or where I'm going, and make appropriate decisions. When I made the comment that I made, it was at the onset of the outbreak. As I educated myself on the subject and talked with those that had greater knowledge of the subject than me, it was easier to understand the associated dangers and plan accordingly.
    The fact that you are okay with NSA (despite saying it could be "improved") and were afraid of Ebola points to you being easily manipulated.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

95% Feelin the Bern.

So you're a lazy gubermint saggy tit sucker. Fuck you
    Sorry, no. I assume I scored so well with Bernie (and Paul was my top GOP) because I think the NSA is shitting on our privacy rights (for no gain), our foreign policy is retarded, and that corporate campaign contributions and gerrymandering are corrupt and undemocratic.

Also, I have a LOT more money than you do.

Is it Friday yet?
    Is the NSA not gaining because it is infringing on privacy or because we're not utilizing it effectively?

Although we all have our own skeletons one way or another, I guess I look at privacy as the type of thing that it's not a huge issue if you have nothing to hide. And in a world where "the enemy" is completely changing the way in which the game is played, you have to change the way that you think about the game as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't have a problem standing in line at the airport for an hour to go through security if it is being done effectively. And likewise, I don't have a problem with people scanning through my phone records for messages or calls that I may make. I don't have anything to hide in that regard and if somehow I am in communication with someone that does have something to hide and get contacted, then I'd be interested in doing what I could do to my part.
    Sounds like you love Big Brother.
    I'm actually a small government guy ...

But when it comes to my two biggest interests in government, it is economy and security. And when it comes to making sure that our borders are secure and that our citizens are safe, I'm very uncompromising.
    When Thomas Jefferson said that those who would give up liberty for the promise of security will receive, nor deserve, either one...he was dead on.

If you're all about making the borders secure...right now we're barely even policing them, yet you're willing to let the NSA steal all your data to fight "terrorism"? Maybe once they fix that gaping fucking twat hole, we can talk. Besides that, not one terrorist plan has been foiled because of any of the alphabet agencies (besides the 20+ the FBI provocateured, funded, goaded and made a fake arrest).

I'm with you on the border control. But it might help if they actually enforced the fucking rules.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2016
    Bernie - 96%
    Hitlery - 93%
    O'Malley (who?.gif) - 71%
    Huckabee - 43% (this one shocks me)
    Jeb! - 37%
    Rand - 34%
    Ted - 24%
    The Donald - 24%
    Not Johnny Carson - 18%

hardy har har

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I would never give up freedoms ... that's insane.

And I don't at all buy that giving law enforcement the opportunity to protect is a sacrificing of liberties if done correctly. Knowing all of my conversations, what I send by email, etc., is insane and doesn't need to happen without a warrant. Cross checking my calls against other numbers, etc. in the form of data I don't find as a problem.

Some may have a problem with people even knowing who they are talking to. I don't. Some may hate airport security. I can live with it. Some things are inconveniences but they are far from deal breakers to me.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,168
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm still clinging to my guns and religion.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #myrubes all the way.

To third in Iowa and NEW Hampshire and out of the race by months end.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    86% Trump. And I hate that fuckhole!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2016

Thinking one case proves there are more cases. This is the generation with all those critical thinking skills I've been hearing about.

Patiently waiting for any counterpoint that includes evidence that there are not cases of voter fraud.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

Thinking one case proves there are more cases. This is the generation with all those critical thinking skills I've been hearing about.

Patiently waiting for any counterpoint that includes evidence that there are not cases of voter fraud.
    I can't prove God doesn't exist as well.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016

salemcoog said:

I can't prove God doesn't exist as well.