Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tony Bennett

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lame

Lame

Bennett has done jack shit in the NCAA tourney.

LAMO
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Romar >>> Bennett
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not sure what you want me to say. He got a #1 seed. As I already pointed out to you, anything short of an Elite 8 is a massive failure. It's not like UVA is gonna win the natty, simmer down.

I don't really get your animosity toward bennett, but the guy has proved to bring programs that sucked(UVA and Wazzu) success. I don't think anyone is claiming he's all world, but if you don't believe that he could have done 10x more with the talent that's run through romar in the last 10 years I think you're severely medicated. He hasn't won a NC yet, but he's getting closer and closer while a guy like romar is getting further and further. Who would you prefer for career trajectory at this point?

Bennett isn't my favorite coach of all time, but i love winning and he continues to win during the season and is now going deep in the tourney. He's coached half the time as romar and is improving. His style might not be your cup of tea, but hte constant banter to his shitty coaching is getting kinda pathetic
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not sure what you want me to say. He got a #1 seed. As I already pointed out to you, anything short of an Elite 8 is a massive failure. It's not like UVA is gonna win the natty, simmer down.

I don't really get your animosity toward bennett, but the guy has proved to bring programs that sucked(UVA and Wazzu) success. I don't think anyone is claiming he's all world, but if you don't believe that he could have done 10x more with the talent that's run through romar in the last 10 years I think you're severely medicated. He hasn't won a NC yet, but he's getting closer and closer while a guy like romar is getting further and further. Who would you prefer for career trajectory at this point?

Bennett isn't my favorite coach of all time, but i love winning and he continues to win during the season and is now going deep in the tourney. He's coached half the time as romar and is improving. His style might not be your cup of tea, but hte constant banter to his shitty coaching is getting kinda pathetic
    My point is that up until yesterday, he had accomplished nothing that would make me want him as the HC at UW.

Now that he's made an E8, he can move from the Romar comps to Kent comps. He's showing meaningful results for the first time in his career, where previously he had failed to make a run in the tournament (nothing else matters). The Bennett lovers were sucking him off before this season, before he'd done anything. If he gets to the FF and makes the cash game, I'll change my tune completely.
  • Options

My point is that up until yesterday, he had accomplished nothing that would make me want him as the HC at UW.

Now that he's made an E8, he can move from the Romar comps to Kent comps. He's showing meaningful results for the first time in his career, where previously he had failed to make a run in the tournament (nothing else matters). The Bennett lovers were sucking him off before this season, before he'd done anything. If he gets to the FF and makes the cash game, I'll change my tune completely.

Took WSU to an impressive level

He's won 2 straight ACC's according to the announcers on CBS today. UVgAy (lol) is usually at best a middle of the pack ACC team. They're definitely below Duke, UNC, and Syracuse, Maryland before they ditched, and no better than Wake Forest, BC, GT, NC St, and Clemson.

His system is boring as hell, but he wins.

It's a good name to throw in the face of Doogs when they ask for someone better. Remember him jackass? He coached for Wazzu.

Just in case you forgot the original post. No one is sucking him off idiot, read the text...
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He's won 2 straight ACC's according to the announcers on CBS today. UVgAy (lol) is usually at best a middle of the pack ACC team. They're definitely below Duke, UNC, and Syracuse, Maryland before they ditched, and no better than Wake Forest, BC, GT, NC St, and Clemson.

It's a good name to throw in the face of Doogs when they ask for someone better. Remember him jackass? He coached for Wazzu.

Just in case you forgot the original post. No one is sucking him off idiot, read the text...
    I'm impressed you could post that with Bennett's dick so far down your throat.

Bravo.
  • Options

I'm impressed you could post that with Bennett's dick so far down your throat.

Bravo.
    Great come back as always
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want Virginia to win just so Thomas is wrong.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I want Virginia to win just so Thomas is wrong.

I just want him to shut the fuck up
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thomas needs to see a championship.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thomas needs to see a championships psychiatrist.

• Options
    Looking pretty good for a final 4 appearance @Thomas..... And do you really think UVA can't beat UNC??? Go back and watch the 2 games
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Looking pretty good for a final 4 appearance @Thomas..... And do you really think UVA can't beat UNC??? Go back and watch the 2 games

Not if brogdon keeps sucking. And Syracuse sucks
  • Options
    This would be an embarrassing loss. And no it doesn't matter that brogdon decided not to show up, bennett would get no pass
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    oh that ballfake by that cuse player in the post made me wet
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You can take the coach out of Pullman, but you can't take the Cougit out of the coach.
  • Options
    The cavs zagged this one. Brogdon horrible and Perrantss nowhere to be found in the second. I would still obviously hire bennett to uw in a new York minute but he clearly isn't elite like some people say he is (not me).
  • Options
    This is not a defense of bennett but even if brogdon is half as good as he's been all year uva wins by double digits.
    That said I wasn't gonna give him any legitimate credit for this tournament run until he beat unc (who based on the first 2 games this round will likely gag as well)