Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shades of Sark

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Other than being 13-0 entering the game, but still...

KO return for TD

Onside kick

WR running completely free for TD

General soft play

That game was a textbook example of a better coach buttfucking the other guy.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Soft?

Agreed. They were hitting hard and did a great job in containing Henry. Big plays and ST were the difference for Bama.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soft?

Didn't make plays when it mattered.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Soft?

Agreed. They were hitting hard and did a great job in containing Henry. Big plays and ST were the difference for Bama.
    Which is why I titled this thread "Shades of Sark."
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

Soft?

Which is why I titled this thread "Shades of Sark."
    Clemson didn't play soft and they didn't get plungered. Give credit where credit is due. They did get out coached, but that shouldn't be a shocker. Swinney isn't Saban, nor is just about any other coach short of Meyer.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think Clemson played soft, but I had the thought that Dabo's general heart on the slave antics were Sarkish. He was bitching and whining the whole game. His players believe in him, which is more than I can say for Sark, but there is a lot of sizzle with Dabo.

He would never do better than 7-6 at Washington.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I don't think Clemson played soft, but I had the thought that Dabo's general heart on the slave antics were Sarkish. He was bitching and whining the whole game. His players believe in him, which is more than I can say for Sark, but there is a lot of sizzle with Dabo.

I specifically asked for no racist crap!
    Some things aren't worth editing.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Surely you don't think Clemson is a job where a 7 win coach at UW can win 13 games?

Dabo might not win a title here but he could win double digits rather easily. He's not a great coach but he doesn't suck.
    lulz at the idea that Clemson isn't an ACC Washington. The team history is basically exactly the same. They've had ONE natty team ('81) and have gone up/down the rungs of good mediocrity sometimes having runs where they are consistently in the top 25.

I'm not a big Dabo guy, but what he's done is undeniable IMO. He took a program that was being run by a Sark-like guy (Tommy B.) and built this shit into a space where we were in a Natty and are poised to be really fucking good next year.
    Exactly. Very similar program profiles.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Surely you don't think Clemson is a job where a 7 win coach at UW can win 13 games?

Dabo might not win a title here but he could win double digits rather easily. He's not a great coach but he doesn't suck.
    lulz at the idea that Clemson isn't an ACC Washington. The team history is basically exactly the same. They've had ONE natty team ('81) and have gone up/down the rungs of good mediocrity sometimes having runs where they are consistently in the top 25.

I'm not a big Dabo guy, but what he's done is undeniable IMO. He took a program that was being run by a Sark-like guy (Tommy B.) and built this shit into a space where we were in a Natty and are poised to be really fucking good next year.
    We?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Shades of Sark? Sark hardly ever lost close, when Sark lost he got destroyed. Shades of Peterman maybe.

Clemson played a damn good game. Perhaps you're just bitter because you decided Bama was shit once they lost to Ole Miss? That was nothing like a Sark game.

No, shades of Sark because Dabo was the sole reason Clemson lost. The game reminded me of when Sark lost to Stanford. The sole reason Clemson lost was discipline. If Saban and him switched rosters he would have lost by 21.

Never once in my life said Bama was shit. I've always said they were good. I didn't think Coker could lead them to a title, but he stepped up. Pretty big difference from saying they were shit. I've said Ole Miss is shit because they are.