Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shades of Sark

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People remember the blowouts and forget that Sark also lost close games squarely on his blunders and lack of detail at both UW and USC.

Clemson had so many blatant assignment errors and special teams gaffes. Alabama is a great team, but Clemson beat themselves. It was a poorly coached game. Don't be confused by Watson doing his best Vince Young comparison to make it look otherwise.

It's not comparing Dabo to Sark. Obviously Dabo is way better and he has built a very good program, maybe even a great one, but it was kind of amazing to watch a team in the title game be so undisciplined when all the talent was there to win the game.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    If you're not comparing Dabo to Sark then why the thread title "Shades of Sark"?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Despite all this Dabo-is-Sark talk, Bellevue High School beats PLU by 2 scores on neutral field. Simple fact.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Despite all this Dabo-is-Sark talk, Bellevue High School beats PLU by 2 scores on neutral field. Simple fact.

I like to pretend that PLU's players could tackle Myles Jack, Budda Baker, and John Nguyen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016

If you're not comparing Dabo to Sark then why the thread title "Shades of Sark"?

Because they lost simply because they didn't play fundamental football which is something that happens to coaches that are lacking in areas.

I don't think it's really that hard to get. I forget some of you are such fucking stupid doogs who take everything literal.

Btw, how did LSU end up doing? I thought they were going to buttfuck everyone and didn't need a QB? What happened?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Because they lost simply because they didn't play fundamental football which is something that happens to coaches that are lacking in areas.

I don't think it's really that hard to get. I forget some of you are such fucking stupid doogs who take everything literal.

Btw, how did LSU end up doing? I thought they were going to buttfuck everyone and didn't need a QB? What happened?
    Did you see whatever bowl LSU played in? 56 points.

My pick for next year's champs
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Clean up the special teams a little and Clumpson wins. There was no excuse for that.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Didn't Dabo beat urban in the orange bowl without deshaun. Too lazy to look.
    Not the biggest Dabo fan because of his demeanor, but he built a legit top 10 program.

He is far from anything related to sark. And he is not saban. Bfd.

Done as much if not more than harbaugh in his college career who this board likes to place in high regard.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@RaceBannon - I feel like an ass-hat defending Dabo because... I'M NOT A BIG DABO GUY... but... Rick took over TUFF Lambo players and made them enjoy football. Then when he got players that JUST wanted to enjoy football, we were UCLA with Washington athletes.

In Dabo's case he's built it up 'the right way' by taking over for Tommy BowdSark and slowly changing the culture.

Of course at a school like Clemson, one or two special players are going to make a huge difference. It's not a blue-blood school. A guy like Deshaun is a special player, but the whole team has good players and generally plays really well.

I think Clemson is basically 1 recruiting class away from having the kind of depth that you need to sustain the kind of injuries they've had.

Clemson's #1 and #3 WRs were out for that game and their 2 best players on D were either hobbled or out.

I think if you took Deshaun and put him on a team like Michigan you would see a very, very similar result; Oregon, etc...

Anyway, I take your point, but I don't think Dabo is just riding on Deshaun; as in, I don't think it's a Chizik situation or Neu situation where, once this guy's gone the whole fucking thing is over. I just think that naturally when you have the best QB in the history of your school (at one of these 2nd tier schools), the play will dip following that, until you get another guy just as good.

Talent wise, Clemson is becoming a modern day blue blood. They have been had a lot of talent for awhile. And successful. This is their fifth year in a row winning 10+ games. No doubt that Deshaun is a special player, but they were good before him. They beat Ohio State in the Orange Bowl.

In general, he's a really good coach running a good program. I would love to think our coach kind of sucked, but we were going 13-1.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@RaceBannon - I feel like an ass-hat defending Dabo because... I'M NOT A BIG DABO GUY... but... Rick took over TUFF Lambo players and made them enjoy football. Then when he got players that JUST wanted to enjoy football, we were UCLA with Washington athletes.

In Dabo's case he's built it up 'the right way' by taking over for Tommy BowdSark and slowly changing the culture.

Of course at a school like Clemson, one or two special players are going to make a huge difference. It's not a blue-blood school. A guy like Deshaun is a special player, but the whole team has good players and generally plays really well.

I think Clemson is basically 1 recruiting class away from having the kind of depth that you need to sustain the kind of injuries they've had.

Clemson's #1 and #3 WRs were out for that game and their 2 best players on D were either hobbled or out.

I think if you took Deshaun and put him on a team like Michigan you would see a very, very similar result; Oregon, etc...

Anyway, I take your point, but I don't think Dabo is just riding on Deshaun; as in, I don't think it's a Chizik situation or Neu situation where, once this guy's gone the whole fucking thing is over. I just think that naturally when you have the best QB in the history of your school (at one of these 2nd tier schools), the play will dip following that, until you get another guy just as good.

Talent wise, Clemson is becoming a modern day blue blood. They have been had a lot of talent for awhile. And successful. This is their fifth year in a row winning 10+ games. No doubt that Deshaun is a special player, but they were good before him. They beat Ohio State in the Orange Bowl.

In general, he's a really good coach running a good program. I would love to think our coach kind of sucked, but we were going 13-1.
    Arguing that Clemson is a 'modern day blue blood' is crazy IMO. Talented yes, but no more so than Mississippi.

Coaching matters. Players are talented, for sure, but nothing close to 'true' blue blood status like USC, Ohio State, Bama...

Miami in its heyday was a 'modern blue blood'. Clemson is not close to that talent wise.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Speaking of talent, some players from Clemson last few years:
    CJ Spillner
    Sammy Watkins
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Martavis Bryant
    DeQuan Bowers
    Stephon Anthony
    All have made a pro bowl.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CJ Spillner
    Sammy Watkins
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Martavis Bryant
    DeQuan Bowers
    Stephon Anthony

The crazy thing is, that team lost its entire front seven from last year.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

CJ Spillner
    Sammy Watkins
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Martavis Bryant
    DeQuan Bowers
    Stephon Anthony

Vic Beasley was on that squad too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

CJ Spillner
    Sammy Watkins
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Martavis Bryant
    DeQuan Bowers
    Stephon Anthony

Which means they should be at least two years away from being special

Yes, I said that to myself when I heard that last night
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Shades of Sark? Sark hardly ever lost close, when Sark lost he got destroyed. Shades of Peterman maybe.

Clemson played a damn good game. Perhaps you're just bitter because you decided Bama was shit once they lost to Ole Miss? That was nothing like a Sark game.

No, shades of Sark because Dabo was the sole reason Clemson lost. The game reminded me of when Sark lost to Stanford. The sole reason Clemson lost was discipline. If Saban and him switched rosters he would have lost by 21.

Never once in my life said Bama was shit. I've always said they were good. I didn't think Coker could lead them to a title, but he stepped up. Pretty big difference from saying they were shit. I've said Ole Miss is shit because they are.
    You think Clemson's roster is 16 points of Saban better than Bama's roster?

Holy crap.