Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woodward Sells the Couch

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

New Aggie logo
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

New Aggie logo

Better than

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Why not hire a women with an international background but expand the focus to Activities and athletics in an effort for students to feel more included and less pressured to support male dominated sports like football.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

New Aggie logo

Better than

better than

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

New Aggie logo

Better than

better than

Not sure which is worse ... but cheers!
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited January 2016

Disagree on Rich Rod. That was hiring Ty after he failed at Notre Dame. And now RR is flailing at Arizona.

That being said, hiring a football coach is a crap shoot. If this guy is a big football booster type then you give hi a look

Not everything in the world is comparable to Willingham.
    I didn't say everything in the world is. This is a direct comparison though

Coach has some minor success at a lower major school, gets hired by a big time program and shits the bed and gets fired.

Gets hired by another school right after being fired. No real half brain would have gone for that. Oh, and he sucks. Not 0-12 suck but he sucks
    That is some serious twisting.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    kh83 said:

Thus ends the final link to the shit that killed our football team (Babs, Gilby, Emmert, Tawd, Ty, Pool Boy).

Time to start a new chain.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Disagree on Rich Rod. That was hiring Ty after he failed at Notre Dame. And now RR is flailing at Arizona.

That being said, hiring a football coach is a crap shoot. If this guy is a big football booster type then you give hi a look

Coach has some minor success at a lower major school, gets hired by a big time program and shits the bed and gets fired.

Gets hired by another school right after being fired. No real half brain would have gone for that. Oh, and he sucks. Not 0-12 suck but he sucks
    He won the Pac 12 South in 2014 and beat Oregon's best teams twice in a row.

Yeah I'd fire him for one bad Season.

By your logic, Peterson should have fired at the 50 last Season.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    salemcoog said:

He won the Pac 12 South in 2014 and beat Oregon's best teams twice in a row.

Yeah I'd fire him for one bad Season.

By your logic, Peterson should have fired at the 50 last Season.
    Your grasp of the quote function is tenuous at best.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

That being said, hiring a football coach is a crap shoot.

Were you aware of this when you wanted Don James fired?
    No because there was no internets
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

The main reason I like Byrne is that he seems to have balls and he actually communicates with the fans and understands modern media.

When they hired Rodriguez it was a quick process, he did not hire a search firm, he did it himself, flew to Rodriguez and got him to sign. That is a big deal for a basketball school like Arizona. He also hired Mullen who has had tremendous success (relatively speaking) for MSU.

Basically I like the fact that he takes matters into his own hands and all that shit. And our marketing department needs an absolute overhaul and I feel like he might be a guy to lead that. One could hope.

I don't know all the ADs out there but I think he is a good one from what I've seen.

Exactly. Byrne is the man. Everyone here in Tucson would lose their minds if UW stole him.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,051
    I'm hearing Black Sark hired him.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Hire someone nobody has heard of who will sleep in his or her office until he or she has this program on top so he or she can get the fuck out of Seattle

Slight modification. Hire someone to put the fear of god
    in Petersen and get HIM to sleep in his office. I want an
    AD who inspires(intimidates) Pete into buying a cot and putting
    in 16 hour days. Same for his staff. Big believer in having a
    hammer personality at the top of an organization. That certainly
    wouldn't be Jen Cohen, don't know how much sand in his pants
    the Arizona AD has.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    But I thought Woodward wouldn't feel fulfilled until the football team makes the playoffs and the basketball team makes the final four?