Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sickening article. Par for the ST course I guess.
  • SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For all the same reasons Oregon should have kept Ernesto
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I don't think that the writer had a single tangible thought in the entire article ...

For those that use the whole "what was the program before Romar" argument in looking at relevance ... how many people are showing up to watch the games now? In other words, they aren't relevant now. So what Romar has really done is taken a program from irrelevant, made it somewhat relevant, pushed his chips into the middle for one and done guys, failed, and now has turned the program relatively irrelevant again.

Sounds like Petersen, minus the "somewhat relevant" moment...
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So what you're saying is they hired the white Jerry Brewer? Unpossible.

Tequilla said:

I don't think that the writer had a single tangible thought in the entire article ...

For those that use the whole "what was the program before Romar" argument in looking at relevance ... how many people are showing up to watch the games now? In other words, they aren't relevant now. So what Romar has really done is taken a program from irrelevant, made it somewhat relevant, pushed his chips into the middle for one and done guys, failed, and now has turned the program relatively irrelevant again.

And just in the event you're being half serious, CP has put more guys in the nfl than most elite programs and actually won more BCS games than 95% of elite top 5 conference programs. I'll be the first to say I have no fucing clue if he makes it at UW, but to even place romar on CP's level is an embarrassment to CP. At least he has taken a lot less talent, made it better and actually won games. Where as Romar has taken far superior talent, middled or worse, and won nothing resembling a big game in his career.
    Romar has put a lot of players into the NBA relative to most power 5 programs. Now you are saying having had NFL talent makes Pete good. But that was listed earlier as a reason why Romar sucks. Can't have it both ways.

Nobody fucking cares what Pete did at Boise junior college anymore. So far he is a total failure at UW. However, Romar has had some highlights at the Pac-12 level (conference championships, tournament runs). Levels of success Pete hasn't even sniffed while coaching at the big boy table.

That is pretty fucking sad when you think about it. Romar is better than Petersen. And Romar should be coaching at some private 1A church high school at best.

But, as always, I support coach Romar.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

And just in the event you're being half serious, CP has put more guys in the nfl than most elite programs and actually won more BCS games than 95% of elite top 5 conference programs. I'll be the first to say I have no fucing clue if he makes it at UW, but to even place romar on CP's level is an embarrassment to CP. At least he has taken a lot less talent, made it better and actually won games. Where as Romar has taken far superior talent, middled or worse, and won nothing resembling a big game in his career.
    Romar has put a lot of players into the NBA relative to most power 5 programs. Now you are saying having had NFL talent makes Pete good. But that was listed earlier as a reason why Romar sucks. Can't have it both ways.

Nobody fucking cares what Pete did at Boise junior college anymore. So far he is a total failure at UW. However, Romar has had some highlights at the Pac-12 level (conference championships, tournament runs). Levels of success Pete hasn't even sniffed while coaching at the big boy table.

That is pretty fucking sad when you think about it. Romar is better than Petersen. And Romar should be coaching at some private 1A church high school at best.

But, as always, I support coach Romar.
    Come on man this isn't a serious post right? Romar didn't do anything significant until year 3 and has been terribly inconsistent since sans a 3 year period with IT.

I'm fine with you saying Pete hasn't done shit yet but to say Romar has while having coached over 6x as many years at UW is retarded.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar made the tourney in year 2. Despite all the NBA talent, people seem to forget that often that was surrounded by the likes of Hans Gasser, Tim Morris, and a bunch of other players I choose to forget.
    If you don't like Romar, you should hate Petersen.

HTH.

#WeWereAFootballSchool
    Tequilla said:

HTH.

#WeWereAFootballSchool

Apples and Oranges

We get it that you don't like Pete.

You don't need to hijack every thread to beat your chest to that fact. We get it.
    I'll stop if everyone else stops sucking off Mr. 8-10 fucking loser coach Pete.

Deal?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

HTH.

#WeWereAFootballSchool

Apples and Oranges

You don't need to hijack every thread to beat your chest to that fact. We get it.

Deal?
    If you're just here to beat your chest you won't last long

Anyone notice that this site is going full doog all day all the time?

Tequilla said:

HTH.

#WeWereAFootballSchool

Apples and Oranges

Deal?
    If you're just here to beat your chest you won't last long

Anyone notice that this site is going full doog all day all the time?
    I noticed, Race. I noticed.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's more good than bad with what Pete has done ... he hasn't been perfect the last 2 years for sure. He could have perhaps won a few more games by compromising his long term vision. In the end, does it really matter given the last 2 years weren't conference winning caliber teams given the QB play?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Throw away seasons?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar should be fired immediately and Pete should also be fired immediately if a Starbucks trucks can be backed up onto Chip's driveway, else Pete should be fired next year if he can't win the North at a minimum.

end of fucking story